Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Like the idea of Hines in the slot

Archer

When Parris gets his semi-quarterly injury, I’d like to see Hines spend time in the slot.  I really would have liked to see that more in recent years.  By the soundbites that are coming out of OTAs, I’m hopeful that’ll happen…

• Like 7

I hope Campbell plays all year and is a great playmaker. I also hope shines plays in the slot and we run 4 wide every now and then. Or just push Campbell outside and let him still make plays. To many options is better than not enough. 

2 hours ago, Archer said:

When Parris gets his semi-quarterly injury, I’d like to see Hines spend time in the slot.  I really would have liked to see that more in recent years.  By the soundbites that are coming out of OTAs, I’m hopeful that’ll happen…

Gonna guess PC, if healthy, plays more outside than slot. They flipped him outside last season. 

Regardless, I think almost everyone on the board wants a look at Hines running actual slot WR routes. 

• Like 3

I see Hines lining up in the backfield and then being split out wide to get matched up against a LB or Safety as opposed to just moving him to Slot for some plays.  Get him the ball in space and let him create!

53 minutes ago, Pat Curtis said:

I see Hines lining up in the backfield and then being split out wide to get matched up against a LB or Safety as opposed to just moving him to Slot for some plays.  Get him the ball in space and let him create!

Better chance of getting covered by a corner if he's wide. 

Really depends on the D we're playing, but overall, outside alignments are more often to get a CB and also more likely to get FS help. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Adding Jones = subtraction   A 2 on a ten scale.
    • Weird how the author in the article goes from Wide Receiver, to cornerback, back to the wideouts.  Can't argue that the WRs group is our most unknown though.
    • Colts' Frank Reich ranked in middle tier of NFL HCs Kevin Hickey    Indianapolis Colts head coach Frank Reich enters his fifth season leading a roster that seems primed to compete for a playoff spot during the 2022 campaign. Though the Colts have made the playoffs just twice during his tenure, there have been some pretty extreme circumstances contributing to that fact. Even so, Reich has earned respect around the league as a strong leader and smart playcaller. In CBS Sports’ head coach rankings, Reich was placed at No. 12 in the middle tier labeled “the guys,” which was described as the following: “Some of these coaches are past their prime. Some of them are approaching it. At the end of the day, they represent the majority of head coaches and the middle tier — proven or respected as competitors but not necessarily title contenders.”   Here’s what CBS Sports had to say about placing Reich at No. 12 among NFL head coaches: Season: 5th with Colts and as HC Career record: 37-28 (.569) | Playoffs: 1-2   Almost. That’s been the operative word of Reich’s tenure. Andrew Luck almost looked like he’d stick around as his QB. Philip Rivers almost led a surprise playoff run two years later. Carson Wentz almost led a playoff run under his watch. The common thread, of course, is the QB shuffle, which he’s navigated as gracefully as possible. Now linked up with Matt Ryan, the floor once again feels relatively high. The question is whether Reich and his occasionally conservative tendencies can get over the hump with a team built on older-school staples like the ground game and defense. The expectation is that the Colts will be a more consistent team than they were during the 2021 season. They have more stable play at the quarterback position while the improvements made to the pass rush should lead to fewer fourth-quarter collapses. Reich won’t make it into that next tier until the Colts make a deeper run into the playoffs at some point during his tenure. That could be as soon as this season, but a lot would have to go right for the Colts in order to make a deep run. Regardless, the Colts have a strong situation when it comes to their head coach. Maybe Matt Ryan can help be the key to a deeper playoff run for Indy.
    • PFF lists Colts' biggest strength, weakness Kevin Hickey    The Indianapolis Colts are just a few weeks away from the start of training camp where they hope to begin their journey toward competing for a playoff spot during the 2022 season. Pro Football Focus recently listed the strengths and weaknesses of every team in the NFL. For the Colts, the two were relatively common answers. We also recently ranked the positions from strongest to weakest. Starting with the strength, the strongest position group comes in the backfield. Led By Jonathan Taylor, it’s hard to argue that a different position should take the reins here. This is what Pro Football Focus said about the backfield being the strongest group on the roster: Jonathan Taylor is a beast, but behind him on the depth chart is also Nyheim Hines, Phillip Lindsay and even Ty’Son Williams. Taylor obviously led the league in rushing yards last season, but he also showed an ability to maximize the yards that his blocking creates. He gained 1,272 yards after contact, broke 66 tackles and had 23 breakaway runs of 15 or more yards, four more than any other back. He racked up more than 200 yards more than any other back on those breakaway runs. While Taylor will be looking forward to competing for the rushing title again this year, we should see more usage when it comes to Nyheim Hines, who is a weapon both out of the backfield and in the slot as a receiver. Having depth like Phillip Lindsay and/or Ty’Son Williams isn’t too bad either. Shifting the focus to the weaker part of the roster, the answer is obvious. It’s been the same throughout the offseason. Wide receiver. It’s tough to find a unit where the Colts are in bad shape, which explains why they are quite a popular team in preseason predictions. You could focus on cornerback, but in limited snaps last season Stephon Gilmore showed he still has gas in the tank, particularly in man coverage. They have Michael Pittman Jr. at wide receiver, but that’s not enough until we see what rookie Alec Pierce can bring to the table, particularly with Matt Ryan on the back nine of his career. The wide receiver position is more of an unknown right now. The potential is extremely high, but it comes with a lot of question marks. Can Parris Campbell stay healthy? What kind of impact will Alec Pierce have? Can Ashton Dulin, Dezmon Patmon and Mike Strachan step into bigger roles? We likely won’t know the answer until the season is already underway, but this position group will be out to prove a lot in 2022.
    • If he does I hope he's not dressed like that!!!
  • Members

• compuls1v3

compuls1v3 1,058

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 14,117

• throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ 2,331

• Chucklez

Chucklez 629

• Nickster

Nickster 1,991

• rock8591