Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Like the idea of Hines in the slot

Archer

When Parris gets his semi-quarterly injury, I’d like to see Hines spend time in the slot.  I really would have liked to see that more in recent years.  By the soundbites that are coming out of OTAs, I’m hopeful that’ll happen…

I hope Campbell plays all year and is a great playmaker. I also hope shines plays in the slot and we run 4 wide every now and then. Or just push Campbell outside and let him still make plays. To many options is better than not enough. 

2 hours ago, Archer said:

When Parris gets his semi-quarterly injury, I’d like to see Hines spend time in the slot.  I really would have liked to see that more in recent years.  By the soundbites that are coming out of OTAs, I’m hopeful that’ll happen…

Gonna guess PC, if healthy, plays more outside than slot. They flipped him outside last season. 

Regardless, I think almost everyone on the board wants a look at Hines running actual slot WR routes. 

53 minutes ago, Pat Curtis said:

I see Hines lining up in the backfield and then being split out wide to get matched up against a LB or Safety as opposed to just moving him to Slot for some plays.  Get him the ball in space and let him create!

Better chance of getting covered by a corner if he's wide. 

Really depends on the D we're playing, but overall, outside alignments are more often to get a CB and also more likely to get FS help. 

Archived