Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 OTAs: Session 1 Summary

1 hour ago, bleevit said:

I would bet he is trying to figure out the playbook, etc. Tough job for a rook in the NFL. Its still May. He'll be up to speed soon (hopefully).

New scheme, so everyone is in school lol..

Not saying that makes it easier on him, but it does slow the vets a bit. 

QB: I firmly believe that the challenge here is on Frank Reich and Marcus Brady. With the running game and this line, however it shakes out, the right passing offense design and game calls would make this Colts offense hard to stop. Ryan's accuracy should lead to more YAC for all and the Colts have some guys in the WR room and Naheim Hines that could capitalize on this "bigly" (sorry). A side benefit to this is any offensive scheme I foresee for Mr. Ice should be right up Foles alley and skillset. I think the O could really cook this year with a few breaks.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 6:07 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Thanks for the info @EastStreet. Not sure why Pierce is on the 2nd team. That sounds like bad news early on if he can't beat out Strachan. Glad Woods is beating out Granson. Expected the O-Line to be the way it is.

I'll believe Hines will be used properly when I see it. Those are just words from Reich that he will be a fantasy option and everything else. 

Other than that, it seems a lot of people have nagging injuries or aren't participating. The Pierce news worries me, and even though no one will take me serious, I have a feeling Ballard and/or Reich saw something they didn't like about him up to this point to start Strachan on the 1st team above him.

Hes a rookie

On 5/31/2022 at 6:36 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Pierce is going to have a BIG year, 900 yard minimum. Matt Ryan can put the ball where it needs to be. Just watch what transpires.

500. All he needs to be this year is a cute toy. Take the top off and distract the defense. 

8 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

500. All he needs to be this year is a cute toy. Take the top off and distract the defense. 

If MPJ draws this best db as he should it leaves a mismatch with Pierce more often then not. He catches with hands not body,snatches it out of the air. He was one of the main reasons Cinn went unbeaten and became the 1st non power 5 to make the playoffs. He made Ridder look quite a bit better then he would have otherwise imo. The tape shows it.

On 6/2/2022 at 4:37 PM, holeymoley99 said:

If MPJ draws this best db as he should it leaves a mismatch with Pierce more often then not. He catches with hands not body,snatches it out of the air. He was one of the main reasons Cinn went unbeaten and became the 1st non power 5 to make the playoffs. He made Ridder look quite a bit better then he would have otherwise imo. The tape shows it.

Not disputing that. 

On 6/2/2022 at 6:37 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Pittman won't always draw the best DB. Given his trait profile, he's likely to draw the bigger outside DB of the two. It also might depend on which side he lines up (depending on the opponent). If Campbell is opposite, Campbell would likely get the faster DB. Pierce has no NFL film yet, but he's a bit smaller and faster than PItt. So opponent DBs will adjust accordingly. Regardless, won't take long for opponents to adjust to our rotation.