Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nick Foles... b4 or after the OTA's

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Only things he did for us were help Luck in 2018 and get us Rivers (instead of Brady). Other than that, Frank has been a detriment to the Colts. Mediocre coach who makes mistakes like a rookie at times, misuses players, actually screwed Ballard over telling him to get Wentz. If the Commanders weren't dumb enough to give up so much for him, we would of been worse off. He told Ballard to take guys like Eason, Sam, Strachan, Campbell, Granson and more that haven't worked out (Pittman has). 

Reich won a SB with Philly, but that was as an Offensive Coordinator. As a coach, he is outmatched. He is easily the weak link of this team and is why we won't win a SB no matter how good it is. I would honestly fire him if we miss the playoffs again. He is an anchor, and Ballard always has to bail him out of a bad situation. Reich has had his guys at QB, and he still is mediocre. I can only imagine him coaching a rookie. We also start slow every year. lose the first game every year, and lose in Jax every year. Reich will say he has to do better, but he doesn't.

Give me your opinion, why should I have faith in Reich right now? What has he done as a coach on the Colts to warrant that? Don't give me a quote from someone else. I want your opinion, why should I trust Reich not to ruin this team heading into the season?

Jared….  

Im going to decline the opportunity to explain why 2 + 2 equals 4.  It’s not an opinion.  You’ll find a way to disagree.   

All I can tell you is that Irsay is happy with him and so is Ballard.   They both think he’s a really good coach and that the Colts are lucky to have him.   I have my own opinion, but their view works for me.  I’m sorry it doesn’t work for you.   

Once upon a time you were down on Ballard, now that appears to have changed.   Perhaps someday you’ll have a change of heart in Reich?   Hope so….

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Only things he did for us were help Luck in 2018 and get us Rivers (instead of Brady). Other than that, Frank has been a detriment to the Colts. Mediocre coach who makes mistakes like a rookie at times, misuses players, actually screwed Ballard over telling him to get Wentz. If the Commanders weren't dumb enough to give up so much for him, we would of been worse off. He told Ballard to take guys like Eason, Sam, Strachan, Campbell, Granson and more that haven't worked out (Pittman has). 

Reich won a SB with Philly, but that was as an Offensive Coordinator. As a coach, he is outmatched. He is easily the weak link of this team and is why we won't win a SB no matter how good it is. I would honestly fire him if we miss the playoffs again. He is an anchor, and Ballard always has to bail him out of a bad situation. Reich has had his guys at QB, and he still is mediocre. I can only imagine him coaching a rookie. We also start slow every year. lose the first game every year, and lose in Jax every year. Reich will say he has to do better, but he doesn't.

Give me your opinion, why should I have faith in Reich right now? What has he done as a coach on the Colts to warrant that? Don't give me a quote from someone else. I want your opinion, why should I trust Reich not to ruin this team heading into the season?

This absurdity was worth a laugh. Why waste time explaining to :wall:
  I do UNDERSTAND Reich is top ten in wins over his 4 years.
 With quite the mish mash at the Most Important Position.
  TRUE, KNOWLEDGEABLE, Colts fans are about to enjoy the best team we have fielded since Manning. Wins are tough in the NFL, but we are going to put up a he'll of a battle.

Fole's a fellow Wildcat, so I will always root for him. And he's also done it before...played at a really high level when called upon and when it mattered most. 

And as of the 2018 season, he was still playing at a pretty high level.

Going after QBs who played really well a few years ago has been the Colts way (with the idea that they could get them back to prior levels). So it wouldn't be out of character for them to sign Foles. 

And many fans have praised the approach they have taken at QB.

So I don't see why signing Foles (who was hurt on a bad JAC team one year and then played two years with Matt Nagy) wouldn't get some benefit of the doubt like Wentz and Ryan. 

And since we are talking about the backup QB spot, it doesn't even have to be nearly as much benefit of the doubt, or anywhere near the same expectations.

Just seems pretty inconsistent for fans to be all about Wentz or Ryan as QB1, but be against the idea of Nick Foles as QB2. 

But it sure seems like drafting one of those cheap QB prospects on Day 2 was a good route to go. 

19 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Cute….

Among people who are in the NFL as well as cover football for a living Frank has a great reputation (Quarterback  Whisperer) — something that drives you crazy.   And Ballard respects Frank’s judgement.  Again, to your disapproval.   Is he perfect?   No.  But far better than you make him out to be. 

His misses are small and his successes have been admired by most….  Except a segment of the fan base. 

lol... I love how you frame things. 

Most laugh at the QB whisperer thingy, which I've thought was a joke for a long time. 

And it certainly doesn't drive me crazy lol. And I don't hate the guy. But I certainly do hate the play calling and scheme. 

So far, he's a kinder and gentler Pagano. 

44 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

lol... I love how you frame things. 

Most laugh at the QB whisperer thingy, which I've thought was a joke for a long time. 

And it certainly doesn't drive me crazy lol. And I don't hate the guy. But I certainly do hate the play calling and scheme. 

So far, he's a kinder and gentler Pagano. 

Who are the “most laugh at the Whisperer thingy.”??    Who are those people?

As for not driving you crazy, now that is LOL funny!   Prior to the last two games of the 21 season, you were in a discussion with various posters.  They were trashing Wentz.  You were pointing to various stats showing how good he had been.  I simply stepped in to say @dont look now, but you’re actually complimenting Reich and pointing out what a good job he had done with Wentz.”    Well, you weren’t having it.  Couldn’t admit it was true, because it goes against your narrative that Frank mostly sucks and the 4 QBs in 4 years is “old and tired.”    Well, to a Frank hater maybe.  

Since the day you arrived, you love stats when they support you, you casually dismiss them when they undercut you.  How convenient. 

I have more fun facts, but can save those for another day….  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Who are the “most laugh at the Whisperer thingy.”??    Who are those people?

As for not driving you crazy, now that is LOL funny!   Prior to the last two games of the 21 season, you were in a discussion with various posters.  They were trashing Wentz.  You were pointing to various stats showing how good he had been.  I simply stepped in to say @dont look now, but you’re actually complimenting Reich and pointing out what a good job he had done with Wentz.”    Well, you weren’t having it.  Couldn’t admit it was true, because it goes against your narrative that Frank mostly sucks and the 4 QBs in 4 years is “old and tired.”    Well, to a Frank hater maybe.  

Since the day you arrived, you love stats when they support you, you casually dismiss them when they undercut you.  How convenient. 

I have more fun facts, but can save those for another day….  

Dude, complimenting an Indy QB doesn't translate to Reich = good lol.

You want to credit Reich with all kinds of degrees of separation, yet when something goes wrong, the player is to blame lol... 

You want to forget that Indy has a good OL (not last season) that made our QBs lives easier. Or the conservative short scheme that drives up completion % and decreases INTs.... 

Keep fluffin'

On 5/20/2022 at 8:03 PM, EastStreet said:

Dude, complimenting an Indy QB doesn't translate to Reich = good lol.

You want to credit Reich with all kinds of degrees of separation, yet when something goes wrong, the player is to blame lol... 

You want to forget that Indy has a good OL (not last season) that made our QBs lives easier. Or the conservative short scheme that drives up completion % and decreases INTs.... 

Keep fluffin'

Dude.....    you were going on and on about how good Wentz had played.   Clearly better in 21 than in 20.   And clearly the credit goes to Frank.    And when I simply pointed out that you were actually giving Reich a compliment --- you got all *.    Because I correctly used YOUR WORDS to show that Reich had done a good job.    And the very idea that you had inadvertantly given Reich a compliment infuriated you.   You couldn't admit it.    But he had done a good job, for the 5th straight year.

You're the same guy who loves to say Reich with 4 QB's in 4 years is old and tired.    Not to anyone who covers football as a profession.    They're impressed.     Now you say no one takes the nickname of QB Whisperer seriously.    I simply asked you to name names.    Tell me who?    And you couldn't.    Not one name.    That's just you projecting your opinion onto everyone else.    If you think that,  other people must think that.    And you couldn't give me one name.   

In another post, you even called Reich a nicer version of Chuck Pagano?!?     You can't even get your insults right!    Pagano WAS a nice guy.    Everyone liked him.    Players and coaches.    The one person who didn't like him was Ryan Grigson.    When push came to shove,  who did Irsay side with?     Pagano over Grigson.     For a guy who claims to know the Colts and follows the Colts you sure don't seem to know too much about them.

Finally....    you know so little, you even try to make fun of high completion percentage and low interceptiion percentage.   Those are good things, not bad.    Who does that?    Who?

Only you, ES,  only you.   

On 5/23/2022 at 2:06 AM, NewColtsFan said:

Dude.....    you were going on and on about how good Wentz had played.   Clearly better in 21 than in 20.   And clearly the credit goes to Frank.    And when I simply pointed out that you were actually giving Reich a compliment --- you got all *.    Because I correctly used YOUR WORDS to show that Reich had done a good job.    And the very idea that you had inadvertantly given Reich a compliment infuriated you.   You couldn't admit it.    But he had done a good job, for the 5th straight year.

You're the same guy who loves to say Reich with 4 QB's in 4 years is old and tired.    Not to anyone who covers football as a profession.    They're impressed.     Now you say no one takes the nickname of QB Whisperer seriously.    I simply asked you to name names.    Tell me who?    And you couldn't.    Not one name.    That's just you projecting your opinion onto everyone else.    If you think that,  other people must think that.    And you couldn't give me one name.   

In another post, you even called Reich a nicer version of Chuck Pagano?!?     You can't even get your insults right!    Pagano WAS a nice guy.    Everyone liked him.    Players and coaches.    The one person who didn't like him was Ryan Grigson.    When push came to shove,  who did Irsay side with?     Pagano over Grigson.     For a guy who claims to know the Colts and follows the Colts you sure don't seem to know too much about them.

Finally....    you know so little, you even try to make fun of high completion percentage and low interceptiion percentage.   Those are good things, not bad.    Who does that?    Who?

Only you, ES,  only you.   

3eea50702fcd911cd18a629c6e7f8c4b.gif

Archived