Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign RB Phillip Lindsay

Shive

Good kid (PL). He's more of an APB though even though he had RB1 reps/usage in Denver. 

Hasn't done much the last 2 seasons. Still perhaps better than the depth behind Taylor/Hines if healthy. 

He's a great kid so hope it works out for him. 

13 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Good kid (PL). He's more of an APB though even though he had RB1 reps/usage in Denver. 

Hasn't done much the last 2 seasons. Still perhaps better than the depth behind Taylor/Hines if healthy. 

He's a great kid so hope it works out for him. 

From what I read, he's not really a STs guy, and not a great receiver either. 

But he would be a nice change of pace back.  

He has the advantage of experience over everyone else, minus JT and NH, but is he really the best of the group?

So Borghi is the one that is gone. Seems like a similar skillset between the two but one with actual NFL production.

Lindsay is certainly not a lock for the final 53 but it makes sense to have a seasoned vet as your number 3 while you stash a Price and/or a Verdell on the PS....

47 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

So Borghi is the one that is gone. Seems like a similar skillset between the two but one with actual NFL production.

Lindsay is certainly not a lock for the final 53 but it makes sense to have a seasoned vet as your number 3 while you stash a Price and/or a Verdell on the PS....

Borghese will be a beast on someone  roster

5 hours ago, Stephen said:

Borghese will be a beast on someone  roster

Im shocked he most have either looked real bad last week or something attitude wise didnt mesh with what the club wanted. He will make an opening day roster sure hope not the Pats.

On 5/17/2022 at 2:31 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Lindsay and catch passes like Hines too. We will see if he makes the team. Just a weird signing. I thought they liked Jackson. 

No this is a guy more like Hines I think. You aren’t pounding the ball fot one yard with Lindsey. He is very small.

is he a dollar general hines?

On 5/17/2022 at 5:55 PM, Goatface Killah said:

I dont see those things as mutually exclusive.

75 catches for Hines only equates to around 600 yards for the season, and a little over 4 catches a game on average. 

Plenty of opportunities for WRs over the course of a season. And they are gonna need someone to help open it up for them. 

4 catches a game is more than it might sound like IMO and quite a lot for RBs. 

Anyway I don't think they're mutually exclusive either, just a general feeling/concern that usually if one of your top receivers is one of your RBs, it's because you're in trouble WR-wise and that rarely spells success. I'd love for the Colts to be the exception. 

11 hours ago, Smonroe said:

From what I read, he's not really a STs guy, and not a great receiver either. 

But he would be a nice change of pace back.  

He has the advantage of experience over everyone else, minus JT and NH, but is he really the best of the group?

I didn't read a bunch on him, but did refresh with his stat and draft profile, in addition to some of the recent news articles on the acquisition. NFL.com had his pass catching and STs as a "pro", and his catch % is pretty similar to Hines' if you look at their comp years. 

I'm sure he wasn't used on STs though in Denver his first two years as he was the feature back. Given his catch % is similar to Hines, can't be all that bad. He was used more like JT than Hines in Denver despite the size. He obviously ran better between the tackles than Hines. 

And while I'd agree his traits scream APB or change of pace, that's not really how he was used his first two years when he had 1000+ rushing. But overall, key think is his health at this point. 

On 5/18/2022 at 11:55 AM, 07dleigh said:

Good. We needed a solid RB room add for continuity. I wanted a Devontae Booker or a Wayne Gallman but I'll take it! Solid.

Now give me T.Y, Julio, Sanders, or Beasley and we gooooood :applause:

I totally forgot Sanders was available, if we don’t resign TY. I would prefer us to sign Sanders. He would fit well in the slot

Archived