Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why does the whole Andrew Luck situation make me mad still

sb2001

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When he makes the ROH I am making a thread and dance around and do this to rub it in to his hatersThe Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

There is no way he doesn't make the ring of honor.  no way at all.  They will cheer for him when he is inducted too.  

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, csmopar said:

That was the entire point... yet you replied Laugh At Ha Ha GIF by MOODMAN

I replied because it was so illogical.  I mentioned the comment to friends today. The overall sentiment was that the writer of that comment must not watch football to say Luck was a bust. 

(I do not believe your post was meant to be sarcastic.)

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I replied because it was so illogical.  I mentioned the comment to friends today. The overall sentiment was that the writer of that comment must not watch football to say Luck was a bust. 

(I do not believe your post was meant to be sarcastic.)

Believe what you want. That’s your right. I’m not gonna take the time to try and convince you. If you can’t tell the pattern of the posts each being more radical and sarcastic as I posted, then I’m sorry I didn’t make it more obvious. 

I had the pleasure of being at his last practice at training camp ever at Westfield. He was 0 for in his last 5 throws, all high. A female trainer was intently watching every move and she eventually pulled him aside and you could tell he was not happy. He never stayed on the field the last 3 days of camp, totally odd. It ended then and I had no idea what was about to happen next!

11 hours ago, csmopar said:

Believe what you want. That’s your right. I’m not gonna take the time to try and convince you. If you can’t tell the pattern of the posts each being more radical and sarcastic as I posted, then I’m sorry I didn’t make it more obvious. 

Considering some of your past posts on the subject, yes you absolutely should have made it more obvious 

28 minutes ago, J@son said:

Considering some of your past posts on the subject, yes you absolutely should have made it more obvious 

Charlie Brown Christmas GIF

ill just post this meme everytime going forward haha

34 minutes ago, J@son said:

This is the most asinine thing I've read on this forum

Sweet!!! Where’s my banner?!Cracking Up Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, J@son said:

This is the most asinine thing I've read on this forum

I said the same thing but he said it was sarcasm so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. He just has things working against him, he doesn't like Luck, doesn't think belongs in ROH so the hate is strong there. Having said that, he told me it was sarcasm. 

I hear you OP.

What cudda shudda wudda been.

Time to move on though. Life throws all kinds of conditions at us, we cannot sit and wallow. Sink or swim bro. It's been too long. Q is a vet now, it's been that long.

Let it go. Don't sit thinking what could have been, worry only about what is.

8 hours ago, csmopar said:

Charlie Brown Christmas GIF

ill just post this meme everytime going forward haha

Sweet!!! Where’s my banner?!Cracking Up Reaction GIF

you understand that the internet is plagued with some ridiculously stupid people and some intelligent people with very radical opinions, right?  sometimes in writing, it's difficult to distinguish sarcasm from stupidity and like I said, based on some of your posts in the past about this subject, it's not that far of a stretch to think you could have actually meant it.  

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I said the same thing but he said it was sarcasm so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. He just has things working against him, he doesn't like Luck, doesn't think belongs in ROH so the hate is strong there. Having said that, he told me it was sarcasm. 

yeah I posted before finishing the thread.  to be honest though, I'm not 100% sure I believe it based on other responses in this thread and in the past.  Either way...whatever. :)

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The bust comment and the other radical ones  were most definitely sarcastic. 

but yeah, it’s not that I like or dislike Luck. Throw out all theories and concepts and reasons for him retiring and simply Basing it on two factors, results and how he ended it, I don’t think Luck has earned his way into the RoH. The bar was quite high and I dont think he reached it. that said, I also don’t think Harbaugh should be in it either but I also see why he was more so than I see any argument for Luck.

And I also don’t think Irsay will put him there anytime soon, simply cause I’m sure Irsay sees the controversy of the topic and won’t want to stir that up for a while yet. 

1 hour ago, J@son said:

yeah I posted before finishing the thread.  to be honest though, I'm not 100% sure I believe it based on other responses in this thread and in the past.  Either way...whatever. :)

My stance has never changed. That despite being prodigiously talented, Luck forever tarnished his legacy with his actions that September. As evidenced by this thread. It’s a conversation that will happen everytime Luck is mentioned. 

as for you believing me or not when I posted that sarcastic Ryan leaf comparison, that’s up to you. As I told our lovey moderator the other day, I’m not gonna waste anyone’s time trying to convince you. Believe what you wish. 

Its pretty simple. Nobody faults him for retiring early, he clearly fell out of love with the game and was consistently injured for years. Rehab sucks bigtime ask any athlete, worst part of their jobs. What he can be faulted for is the timing. retiring days before the season set this franchise backwards years. There is no denying or making excuses for that. Fans have the right to be upset about that. Not for retiring early but yes for the timing.

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Its pretty simple. Nobody faults him for retiring early, he clearly fell out of love with the game and was consistently injured for years. Rehab sucks bigtime ask any athlete, worst part of their jobs. What he can be faulted for is the timing. retiring days before the season set this franchise backwards years. There is no denying or making excuses for that. Fans have the right to be upset about that. Not for retiring early but yes for the timing.

Thank you. Well said

32 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

The timing of his retirement set the franchise back years?

The timing impacted one season — 2019.    

His actual retirement is what set back the franchise.  That’s the part that there’s no denying.    You’ve taken two issues — his retirement, and the timing — and twisted them together 

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

His actual retirement is what set back the franchise.  That’s the part that there’s no denying.    You’ve taken two issues — his retirement, and the timing — and twisted them together 

Yeah. The timing of his retirement is what has rubbed many in here the wrong way. That is only thing that bothered me about his retirement. Had he retired before that draft in 2019, maybe Ballard has a different draft and FA strategy. I said when he retired it will set us back 5 years and I was roughly right. It is now 2022 and we finally have a team that I think can truly win the division (as in should be favored) and go deep in the playoffs. Matt Ryan will be 37 but he is healthy and still good and Ballard has done a hell of a job with our roster this offseason. When he drafted Taylor in 2020 that was huge, now he is entering his prime = 3rd year. I also think Leonard and Nelson will play with a mad purpose in 2022 because neither were healthy last season. They both will be 100% unless a fluke happens in camp or pre-season. I have accepted Luck will never be back, sad but true. I am happy though with Matt who I think could give us 2 or 3 more good years in reality. I have always been a Matt Ryan fan and I think he is a Top 25 QB of all-time by most measures = stats, longevity, durability, Leadership, he has won a MVP - something Drew Brees has never done,  and has made a SB - should've won that one.

10 hours ago, Colt.45 said:

I hear you OP.

What cudda shudda wudda been.

Time to move on though. Life throws all kinds of conditions at us, we cannot sit and wallow. Sink or swim bro. It's been too long. Q is a vet now, it's been that long.

Let it go. Don't sit thinking what could have been, worry only about what is.

O.P.

I'm not a professional shrink, but I did ace applied Psch. my freshman year of college in 1981.  Colt 45 posted a pretty good answer to your question. I'd say take his advice, don't let the past that you can't change cause you pain, and focus on what's happening now. 

Yeah I hated this but not so much Luck, instead I absolutely loathe that incompetent b utthead Grigson. I can't recall a worse botched GM job than his ever. You have a generational franchise QB and you ignore the OL? Any one of us could have done a better job stone drunk. I hope he's a janitor at some high school now. 

OK that aside...I wish the Colts had found a way to just IR him for that last year and give him another full year to heal (and convinced him that could be all he needs, which I think but don't know is true?). 

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

as for you believing me or not when I posted that sarcastic Ryan leaf comparison, that’s up to you. As I told our lovey moderator the other day, I’m not gonna waste anyone’s time trying to convince you. Believe what you wish. 

Hence why I said, "either way... Whatever" 

5 minutes ago, J@son said:

Hence why I said, "either way... Whatever" 

In a way I think he was being sarcastic but his hate for Andrew Luck with the way he retired over took his emotions with his post. So I can see how people would wonder about that silly post haha . I called him out on it because he didn't use a sarcasm font but some don't in here. I even haven't with some posts and just assume people think I am being sarcastic when I have posted about different things.  

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because they go together. If luck had said in March of 2019 that he was retiring, then I’m sure that completely alters what Ballard did in FA and the draft that season. Which yes, affects multiple years of the franchise beyond just 2019. We probably would have a different QB and not have Buckner at a minimum.

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Because they go together. If luck had said in March of 2019 that he was retiring, then I’m sure that completely alters what Ballard did in FA and the draft that season. Which yes, affects multiple years of the franchise beyond just 2019. We probably would have a different QB and not have Buckner at a minimum.

But you understand that he wasn't looking to retire in March, right?  It was only after it became apparent that he would have to go through another season of rehabbing (mysterious lower leg injury that just wouldn't heal) that led to his retirement. Once it became apparent the he would start the season on IR and continue rehab, he decided that it was time to retire.

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

As I’ve stated several times….   It’s highly likely that Luck was encouraged by Irsay and Ballard to take his time with a decision like that.   That no matter when Luck announced, we would go with Brissett.   Notice how fast we gave JB a new two year contract when we didn’t have to.   We had a more than a hunch and a plan to deal with it. 

Luck is the son of an NFL Quarterback.   More than any other athlete I’ve followed as an adult, he’s driven to do the right thing.  Always, in matters big and small, Luck tries to do the right thing.   It’s inconceivable that he’d wait until just before the start of the season on his own before springing this on the team.  He clearly knows the impact a decision like that would have in a team.  I believe Irsay and Ballard and Reich were in the loop and not caught off guard.   

As I said to another poster, have you noticed how no one in the franchise seems to have a problem with Luck?   Irsay, Ballard, Reich, Pagano, Arians, his teammates…. They all love the guy.   No one seems to have a problem with what happened. 

Just the fans. 

I think little would have changed because they had a good idea of what was coming.  I’m sorry so many here (not just you) seem to be so unaware of who Luck is and how things played out. 

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

As I’ve stated several times….   It’s highly likely that Luck was encouraged by Irsay and Ballard to take his time with a decision like that.   That no matter when Luck announced, we would go with Brissett.    

Luck is the son of an NFL Quarterback.   More than any other athlete I’ve followed as an adult, he’s driven to do the right thing.  Always, in matters big and small, Luck tries to do the right thing.   It’s inconceivable that he’d wait until just before the start of the season on his own before springing this on the team.  He clearly knows the impact a decision like that would have in a team.  I believe Irsay and Ballard and Reich were in the loop and not caught off guard.   

As I said to another poster, have you noticed how no one in the franchise seems to have a problem with Luck?   Irsay, Ballard, Reich, Pagano, Arians, his teammates…. They all love the guy.   No one seems to have a problem with what happened. 

Just the fans. 

I think little would have changed because they had a good idea of what was coming.  I’m sorry so many here (not just you) seem to be so unaware of who Luck is and how things played out. 

Some of the fans in here think he doesn't belong in the ROH. That is what bothers me about their opinion. He belongs in the ROH by a mile. The way he retired has nothing to do with the way he played for 6+ years. Let me repeat by a mile. In Indianapolis history, he is the 2nd best QB that has ever put on an Indianapolis jersey. Only behind Peyton. 3rd best if you include Baltimore only behind Peyton and Unitas. Harbaugh is in the ROH and he had one very good to great year here = 1995. By the way I met Harbaugh, love the guy and 1995 was awesome! Bert Jones was like Luck but Luck was better because he could use his legs a lot better, Luck also won more playoff games than Jones and he won a lot more games. His stats were way better as well. Rivers only played 1 year here so he can't be included in that convo. Rivers was good here though. If Matt Ryan wins us a SB he moves ahead of Luck in the Colts pecking order but that might not happen. Matt Ryan is a top 25 QB of all-time but he has accomplished everything so far as a Falcon. 

I still to this day think Earl Morrall threw SB 3, I wasn't born yet but seen the game on ESPN classics. Watched the highlights over and over and he flat out sucked. Had guys wide open missing them like Wentz, throwing dumb INT's, etc.. It looked phony and I don't even believe in conspiracy theory's normally. That win by the Jets though helped football and you had a guy in Joe that was the most popular player at that time. That SB and SB 40 when the Steelers beat Seattle, I call nonsense. Seattle got so screwed that it was comical even to novice fans. - that was the REFS though, even Madden called the REFS out during that game. The comments after SB 40 on ESPN were just burying the REFS.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Some of the fans in here think he doesn't belong in the ROH. That is what bothers me about their opinion. He belongs in the ROH by a mile. The way he retired has nothing to do with the way he played for 6+ years. Let me repeat by a mile. In Indianapolis history, he is the 2nd best QB that has ever put on an Indianapolis jersey. Only behind Peyton. 3rd best if you include Baltimore only behind Peyton and Unitas. Harbaugh is in the ROH and he had one very good to great year here = 1995. By the way I met Harbaugh, love the guy and 1995 was awesome! Bert Jones was like Luck but Luck was better because he could use his legs a lot better, Luck also won more playoff games than Jones and he won a lot more games. His stats were way better as well. Rivers only played 1 year here so he can't be included in that convo. Rivers was good here though. If Matt Ryan wins us a SB he moves ahead of Luck in the Colts pecking order but that might not happen. Matt Ryan is a top 25 QB of all-time but he has accomplished everything so far as a Falcon. 

I still to this day think Earl Morrall threw SB 3, I wasn't born yet but seen the game on ESPN classics. Watched the highlights over and over and he flat out sucked. Had guys wide open missing them like Wentz, throwing dumb INT's, etc.. It looked phony and I don't even believe in conspiracy theory's normally. That win by the Jets though helped football and you had a guy in Joe that was the most popular player at that time. That SB and SB 40 when the Steelers beat Seattle, I call nonsense. Seattle got so screwed that it was comical even to novice fans. - that was the REFS though, even Madden called the REFS out during that game. The comments after SB 40 on ESPN were just burying the REFS.

I feel bad for Jimmy Orr, dude was so wide open Homer Simpson could've made that pass lmao and Earl even looked his way but decided NAH, I will just throw it to the other team in traffic. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

On 5/18/2022 at 7:04 PM, csmopar said:

The bust comment and the other radical ones  were most definitely sarcastic. 

but yeah, it’s not that I like or dislike Luck. Throw out all theories and concepts and reasons for him retiring and simply Basing it on two factors, results and how he ended it, I don’t think Luck has earned his way into the RoH. The bar was quite high and I dont think he reached it. that said, I also don’t think Harbaugh should be in it either but I also see why he was more so than I see any argument for Luck.

And I also don’t think Irsay will put him there anytime soon, simply cause I’m sure Irsay sees the controversy of the topic and won’t want to stir that up for a while yet. 

My stance has never changed. That despite being prodigiously talented, Luck forever tarnished his legacy with his actions that September. As evidenced by this thread. It’s a conversation that will happen everytime Luck is mentioned. 

Actually, I don't think the bar is set so high since Harbaugh made it. Lol

The strength of that '95 team was its Defense. The strength of the offense was the running game. Our passing game was more a liability than a strength but a lot of that was our weakness at WR too.

I liked Harbaugh, he was scrappy. But being the starting QB of a team that made one playoff run shouldn't be worthy of the ROH.....unless of course if the ROH isn't 

Such a high honor in the owners opinion.  But also you have to look back at the colts in '95. Just being in the hunt to make a wildcard was something pretty special back then. So getting that wildcard and actually winning 2playoff games and very close to winning the AFCCG was Extremely Tremendous and totally unexpected.  But still, imho, good 'ol Jim doesn't  belong.

ROH, is the best honor to have other than making the Hall of Fame. Players that should be in or will get in are Bob Sanders, TY Hilton, and Andrew Luck. They aren't Hall of Famers but easily should make our ROH. Andrew won't get in for probably at least 3 more years because Irsay wants his retirement to be old news and not talked about anymore. Bob should get in next year, TY is still playing but will no doubt get in a few years after he retires. TY and Andrew may go into together.

Archived