Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lions Game On Thanksgiving.....Again

King Colt

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Thread should be named "BILLS game on Thanksgiving...Again"

Isn't this the third year in a row for them? Cowboys, Saints, now Lions.. geeze

The Lions have been playing on Thanksgiving longer than most of the people reading this have been alive...

18 hours ago, sb41champs said:

The Lions and the Cowboys have played on Thanksgiving Day forever and ever and ever.

It's time for the NFL to shelve this yearly "turkey day tradition" and set up some fantastic matchups for the holiday.

Meh.. it's nice to have just "a game" on while I'm preoccupied with family and cooking lol. I actually prefer not having a Marquee matchup for the first game haha

2 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Lions have been playing on Thanksgiving since 1934, record 37-45-2 current 5 year losing streak.

There is no way they should ever stop having the lions or cowboys play on Turkey day. It’s tradition I fall asleep watching them every year

On 6/7/2022 at 10:30 PM, AwesomeAustin said:

There is no way they should ever stop having the lions or cowboys play on Turkey day. It’s tradition I fall asleep watching them every year

I agree.   I have no issue with the Cowboys and Lions playing each year.  The game is usually on in the background.

On 6/4/2022 at 4:20 PM, sb41champs said:

The Lions and the Cowboys have played on Thanksgiving Day forever and ever and ever.

It's time for the NFL to shelve this yearly "turkey day tradition" and set up some fantastic matchups for the holiday.

Pass. They may not always be good games, but I like traditions generally including this one. Plus there's no way to know for sure what will be a fantastic matchup ahead of time. 

I wonder what the NFL players around the league think of this? Would they like the opportunity to play on Thanksgiving as a yearly tradition for their teams periodically… or are they happy they can enjoy the holiday and not worry about being away from their families on that day? Would be interesting if they did a poll.

For me, I agree it would be nice to see different teams but I’m usually just happy football is on. :)

3 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I wonder what the NFL players around the league think of this? Would they like the opportunity to play on Thanksgiving as a yearly tradition for their teams periodically… or are they happy they can enjoy the holiday and not worry about being away from their families on that day? Would be interesting if they did a poll.

For me, I agree it would be nice to see different teams but I’m usually just happy football is on. :)

Most Colts players would probably want Thanksgiving off but if we got an easy win then 10 days off they may think otherwise.

Archived