Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts Schedule Release (Merge)

sb41champs

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I’m playing a road game TNF, I’d rather play a division rival I’m familiar with. Not thrilled to play at high altitude in a short week at Denver. That’s my only issue with the schedule and I like the bye week as well.

Have to start well in the 3 division games in the first 4, that’s what needs to be different this year if we want to take the AFC South.

6 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Giants game looks to be the only potential bad weather game. As far as snow.

I think the first Jacksonville game, week 2 in the middle of September, is going to be steaming HOT, and very humid.   I count that as a bad weather game as well. 

• Shive changed the title to 2022 Colts Schedule Release (Merge)
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I keep going through the schedule 100 times in my head and I keep seeing 11-6, winning the first 2 games and last 2 games. Going 7-6 in the middle and splitting with Tennessee.

So what you’re saying is this…..

We’ll be 9-6 with the final two games left….  Just as we were a year ago!   Let’s hope the finish of the ‘22 season is much better than the finish of the ‘21 season!

11-6 sure beats 9-8!!     :thmup:

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

So what you’re saying is this…..

We’ll be 9-6 with the final two games left….  Just as we were a year ago!   Let’s hope the finish of the ‘22 season is much better than the finish of the ‘21 season!

11-6 sure beats 9-8!!     :thmup:

Yeah I keep seeing that but Matt Ryan will finish the deal (why we have him here) by winning the last 2 games and winning the division. I think 11-6 will win the division as long we split with Tennessee. I voted 11-6. 12-5 is very possible but I won't brag too much, 11-6 Division Champs it is.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I keep seeing that but Matt Ryan will finish the deal (why we have him here) by winning the last 2 games and winning the division. I think 11-6 will win the division as long we split with Tennessee. I voted 11-6. 12-5 is very possible but I won't brag too much, 11-6 Division Champs it is.

Looking at everyone's schedule, I have this:

1. Colts 11-6 (5-1 in the division)

2. Tennessee 11-6 (4-2 in the division), I think the Jags beat them once

3. Jags 8-9

4. Texans 3-14

We win the division based on tie breaker, split with Tennessee but have a better division record. Beating Houston on the final day will do it.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will be fine, finally a schedule that isn't daunting to start a season.

Playing KC, Tennessee, and the Broncos in consecutive weeks is no cakewalk. As we have seen the last few years, the divisional games are usually closer than we expect. The Colts need to dominate the first half of the year if they want to be in the AFC conversation.

12 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Playing KC, Tennessee, and the Broncos in consecutive weeks is no cakewalk. As we have seen the last few years, the divisional games are usually closer than we expect. The Colts need to dominate the first half of the year if they want to be in the AFC conversation.

I think we could lose the KC game and even the Denver game but we have Tennessee here 1st so I see us winning that. I see starting 2-0 as well.

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think the first Jacksonville game, week 2 in the middle of September, is going to be steaming HOT, and very humid.   I count that as a bad weather game as well. 

Don't be a fool, just stay cool in the pool! 

os-jacksonville-jaguars-pool-mike-bianch

0a637946-82bb-43cf-8c36-78538a8d5c3a_texDown by the bay, I just may! 

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we could lose the KC game and even the Denver game but we have Tennessee here 1st so I see us winning that. I see starting 2-0 as well.

I hope you are right but this team has inexplicably found ways to lose games early in the season. The last time the Colts started a season 2-0 was 2009. I had no idea our streak was that long. That year we rattled off 14 in a row to start the season before losing to the Saints in the Super Bowl.

Just now, philba101 said:

I hope you are right but this team has inexplicably found ways to lose games early in the season. The last time the Colts started a season 2-0 was 2009. I had no idea our streak was that long. That year we rattled off 14 in a row to start the season before losing to the Saints in the Super Bowl.

Oh yeah, I know and it has been frustrating. What is funny is you brought up 2009 and I haven't felt this good about a team since 2009. I don't feel no 14-0 coming but I see 11-6 or possibly 12-5.

Interesting to see that 4 of the last 7 games are NFC opponents. That could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on where the Colts stand with tiebreakers.

But this is an incredibly favorable draw:

• The first two games are against two bad teams that picked top 5 last year, which likely ensures they won't start 0-2 or get off to a bad start, like years past (early season hype incoming)
  • The last two games, which are likely to be very important in a stacked AFC, are against two bad teams who picked top 5 last year.
  • 7 of the last 8 games are in a dome. 
  • Only ONE potential bad weather game...and it's that NYG game late in Week 17
  • KC, LAC (the two best opponents) and PIT (a historical foe) all at home

Right now, the Colts are 26th in SOS, based on W/L record from last year. And they got a great setup.

So let's see what they can do with it. 

Win the first two, win the last two, go 7-6 in the others, finish where you should have finished last year, 11-6.  

If you get one more win in the middle, you probably have a shot at the #1 seed.

I think play calling is the key.  Reich needs to step up his play selection.  Take the points and let your defense step up and give you the ball.  Bradley should make the difference in hopefully a more aggressive style than Flus.  Go 2022 Colts.

22 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

1: @ HOU L

2: @ JAX L

3: KC W

4: TEN L

5: @ DEN TNF L

6: JAX W

7: @ TEN W

8: WSH W

9: @ NE W

10: @ LV W

11: PHI W

12: PIT MNF L

13: @ DAL SNF L

14: BYE

15: @ MIN W

16: LAC MNF L

17: @ NYG W 

18: HOU W

10-7

Opening 1-4.  Hmmm

On 5/13/2022 at 5:51 AM, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Wait, you’re giving up on the Colts? You wanna root of Falcons instead now or what?! :headspin:

Not giving up, just my passion has taken a hit. Been trying hard to get back in the saddle. 

Darius found is now re-energized, hopefully I can get there. 

Archived