Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Colts Schedule Release (Merge)

sb41champs

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/10/2022 at 4:09 PM, JediXMan said:

It’ll probably be leaked prior to it or parts of it.

Small parts will be deliberately leaked.  That’s by design.   But the full schedule wont get released until 8p.   The full schedule doesn’t leak. 

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Small parts will be deliberately leaked.  That’s by design.   But the full schedule wont get released until 8p.   The full schedule doesn’t leak. 

Yup, some deliberately. There are already NFL.com announcements. I think some are on the Colts.com schedule tracker page. But some full schedules have come out in years past, and I'm guessing, was not deliberate. There have been a ton (7 games) of leaks for the Eagles, and doubt they were all deliberate. But the leaks also might not be accurate.... 

So far, all I've seen on the Colts is the Dallas and Giants games. 

Home primetime game vs Carson Wentz and the Commanders, and a home primetime game vs Mahomes and the Chiefs. That is exactly how I anticipate it will happen.

2 other primetime games will be a road MNF game and a road TNF game.

25 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Home primetime game vs Carson Wentz and the Commanders, and a home primetime game vs Mahomes and the Chiefs. That is exactly how I anticipate it will happen.

2 other primetime games will be a road MNF game and a road TNF game.

I saw on twitter and on here in a different thread the chiefs game is a 1:00 PM game week 3.

Id say the Chargers, Titans or Steelers are the most like choices.  It could also be a random Thursday night game vs say the Texans just to get the Texans a primetime game.

I like to put out this list every year....    it typically leads to good discussion.

Here is what I look for whenever the Colts schedule is released...

1.     When is the Bye Week?        Middle?   Weeks 8-11 is best.   Early, weeks 4-7 worst. Too soon.   Late 12-13, OK, but not great.

2.     Toughest part of the schedule.    It's different every year.    Every team has on stretch that's clearly the toughest.

3.     Nationally Televised games.    Word is,  we're likely going to get a Thursday game.   Everyone but the fans HATE the Thursday game because it's toon soon from the game the previous Sunday.    No one is physically ready to play again thet soon.    But at least,  it's a showcase game.

4.     Bad weather games.   Too hot and humid.   Too cold and or cold or even snow.

5.     Any weird stretches.   Every so often, a team will get three straight on the road.    Doesn't happen often,  but it sucks when it does.

6.     Trap games.    Looks like an easy win,  but it's not.   

7.      Now that it's official,  what does our possible record look like?

You may have other things you look for.....    let's post them here and talk about it!     The 2022 season is fast approaching!     :thmup:

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I like to put out this list every year....    it typically leads to good discussion.

Here is what I look for whenever the Colts schedule is released...

1.     When is the Bye Week?        Middle?   Weeks 8-11 is best.   Early, weeks 4-7 worst. Too soon.   Late 12-13, OK, but not great.

2.     Toughest part of the schedule.    It's different every year.    Every team has on stretch that's clearly the toughest.

3.     Nationally Televised games.    Word is,  we're likely going to get a Thursday game.   Everyone but the fans HATE the Thursday game because it's toon soon from the game the previous Sunday.    No one is physically ready to play again thet soon.    But at least,  it's a showcase game.

4.     Bad weather games.   Too hot and humid.   Too cold and or cold or even snow.

5.     Any weird stretches.   Every so often, a team will get three straight on the road.    Doesn't happen often,  but it sucks when it does.

6.     Trap games.    Looks like an easy win,  but it's not.   

7.      Now that it's official,  what does our possible record look like?

You may have other things you look for.....    let's post them here and talk about it!     The 2022 season is fast approaching!     :thmup:

Doesn't every team have a TNF game, so everyone is nationally televised?

2 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Bold prediction is Colts vs Cowboys Thanksgiving game. 

hmmmm very interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about this since I feel  the cowboys game (in my house at least) is the most overlooked. we're just sitting down to eat and by the time we're done chaos from the children starts again :lol:

Who do we play in the first 3 games, and where do we play?  We've got a LOT of new pieces that need to get to know each other under battle conditions.  Getting Chargers (H), Titans (A), KC (A) would be brutal.  We could use a Texans (A), Eagles (H), Broncos (A) type of schedule.  Get Wilson early and in good weather, etc.

8 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Who do we play in the first 3 games, and where do we play?  We've got a LOT of new pieces that need to get to know each other under battle conditions.  Getting Chargers (H), Titans (A), KC (A) would be brutal.  We could use a Texans (A), Eagles (H), Broncos (A) type of schedule.  Get Wilson early and in good weather, etc.

KC is a home game.

17 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Wilson typically starts off hot out of the gate and falls off as the season drags on. I’d want Wilson right before their bye, assuming it’s a late bye

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Wilson typically starts off hot out of the gate and falls off as the season drags on. I’d want Wilson right before their bye, assuming it’s a late bye

I'm counting on him still not being in sync with Jeudy and our D scheme keeping Wilson contained.  D usually (unlike last year for us) starts better than offenses to begin the season, so I'm hoping they get off quickly this year.  Hoping...  The guys really seem to like Gus' system.  We shall see...

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

The Packers play the Cowboys on week 10.  Would that be the T-Day game?

Never mind.  That appears to be a home game for the Packers.  I guess T-Day starts week 11?  We'll know the schedule soon enough.

It's weird, to me the schedule announcement is more exciting than a MLB game or an NBA playoff game, lol!

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The entire Packers home schedule has been leaked.  Pretty sure that wasn't by design, lol!

5 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I'm counting on him still not being in sync with Jeudy and our D scheme keeping Wilson contained.  D usually (unlike last year for us) starts better than offenses to begin the season, so I'm hoping they get off quickly this year.  Hoping...  The guys really seem to like Gus' system.  We shall see...

Yeah but I also expect us to have a lot of growing pains the first 4-5 weeks. New D scheme, new players at key positions and a new QB . If we come out 2-2 I’ll be happy. 

Maybe it's just me and I'm too lazy to go back and look, but I think the Colts have been very unlucky when it comes to scheduling and bye weeks.

It seems to me that during the middle of the season, we always play a team coming off of a bye week, giving the other team 2 weeks to prepare to play the Colts. Meanwhile, whenever the Colts come off of a bye week, they play against another team that also had a bye week, negating any potential advantage. Overall, it hasn't been an issue, but it does seem unfair.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Would be nice to get a win vs the Chargers for a start, maybe???

A win, and a home opener? Let's be reasonable...

We haven't had a Week 1 win since 2013. It's definitely time for that streak to end, whoever the opponent is. If we can't open at home, I'd like it to be in Jacksonville. A chance to kill two ugly streaks at the same time.

9 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Maybe it's just me and I'm too lazy to go back and look, but I think the Colts have been very unlucky when it comes to scheduling and bye weeks.

It seems to me that during the middle of the season, we always play a team coming off of a bye week, giving the other team 2 weeks to prepare to play the Colts. Meanwhile, whenever the Colts come off of a bye week, they play against another team that also had a bye week, negating any potential advantage. Overall, it hasn't been an issue, but it does seem unfair.

Negated byes. It's definitely an area in which the Colts have gotten the short end of the stick. If I remember correctly, we have more negated byes than any other team over the last ten years or something.

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/which-nfl-teams-have-been-most-impacted-by-scheduling-inequalities/

Bring on Tennessee to start the year. We have so many personnel changes that we'll be fairly unknown for them to plan against us. Meanwhile, we know who Tannehill is, and definitely know Henry.

Getting a week 4 bye would absolutely suck. They shouldn't even have byes that early as an option... 

Archived