Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your Pick, first game of the season. Who do want to play and why?

I want Jacksonville at Jacksonville.  Let's get the monkey off our back to start the season.  Also if we do lose we have the whole season to set our playoff position.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Farns01 said:

I want Jacksonville at Jacksonville.  Let's get the monkey off our back to start the season.  Also if we do lose we have the whole season to set our playoff position.

That didn't work in our favor 2 years ago, lol.  JAX's only win of the season.  Seems like we frequently open or close with them

2 hours ago, Farns01 said:

First games are always a toss up.  Teams haven't figured out their true starters by then and the defenses haven't even remotely gelled but I still agree.  I want to beat Jax in Jax first game.

4 hours ago, Farns01 said:

Me too.  I don't just want the monkey off our backs.  I want to thrash that monkey into oblivion.

Jax in Jax.  Boom.

Jacksonville in Jacksonville. Prove that you can win there. Build the confidence and momentum from there, and have a dominating season where we can make the playoffs and win the AFC South.

Get the mental hurdle out of the way week 1.

• Like 1

@ Jacksonville we  kill two birds with one stone winning an opener and finally beating them at their house. If not can they at least face them early in the season lol. Facing Wentz would be fun hopefully he throws a few left hand passes to Leonard lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What do u think would happen if this team played their season opener and lost big time to the Jags? I mean like serious responses.

They would be publicly shunned and laughed at, and the tradition of losing to the Jags in Jax would continue. However, the game will happen at some point this year, I'd rather get it out of the way Week 1 and be prepared for it. 

If the Colts lose to the Jags in Jax Week 1 after having time to prepare for the game and being (probably) as healthy as they are going to be for most of the year, then they would deserve the criticism from the media and fanbase that would come their way. 

Face them week 1, and get the game over with. Win or lose.

24 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

What do u think would happen if this team played their season opener and lost big time to the Jags? I mean like serious responses.

explosion GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Give me either at Jax, at Denver, or home vs Pitt

Some very interesting/good games for us this season. Washington (Wentz), Denver (RW's new home), Philly (old OC), Pitt (new QB), LVR (our new DC)

For those that don't know, here are our opponents.

Colts Home Games 2022

- Tennessee Titans
- Houston Texans
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Los Angeles Chargers
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- Washington Commanders

Colts Away Games 2022

- Tennessee Titans
- Houston Texans
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Dallas Cowboys
- Denver Broncos
- Las Vegas Raiders
- Minnesota Vikings
- New York Giants
- New England Patriots

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

Jags in their place, either get the monkey off our backs or face the reality it could be a long season.

How the Colts start the season has to change!

GO :colts:

I kinda would like a tune up game vs an easy team to work out the kinks with our new QB. At the same time though, Jax should be an easy game lol... should be. Should've been in past years. 

For the same reasoning, wouldn't mind playing at Denver before Wilson gets fully acclimated in his new scheme. 

Pitt should be an easier opponent this season, especially early. An opening win at home vs Pitt would be nice. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Give me either at Jax, at Denver, or home vs Pitt

Some very interesting/good games for us this season. Washington (Wentz), Denver (RW's new home), Philly (old OC), Pitt (new QB), LVR (our new DC)

For those that don't know, here are our opponents.

Colts Home Games 2022

- Tennessee Titans
- Houston Texans
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Los Angeles Chargers
- Philadelphia Eagles
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- Washington Commanders

Colts Away Games 2022

- Tennessee Titans
- Houston Texans
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Dallas Cowboys
- Denver Broncos
- Las Vegas Raiders
- Minnesota Vikings
- New York Giants
- New England Patriots

That's a tough schedule got to shoot for 4/6 division wins minimum imo.  Not being in a hole early on would always be helpful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

That's a tough schedule got to shoot for 4/6 division wins minimum imo.  Not being in a hole early on would always be helpful.

We should beat Jax and Houston both times, and split with TN... 

SHOULD is the key word lol...

I don't see at as that tough though.

Overall, my prediction below not knowing the order (it'll likely change once the schedule comes out).... This assumes our OL gets back to top 10 pass pro lol... and that our DL actually gets pressure this year... 

• Should be easy wins (6)
    • 2xJax
    • 2xHouston
    • Pitt
    • at Giants
  • Tough wins (5)
    • Philly
    • Washington
    • at Vikings
    • at NE
    • TN at home
  • Toss ups (4) or tough losses
    • KC
    • LAC
    • at TN
    • at LVR
  • Losses
    • at Denver
    • at Cowboys

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

We should beat Jax and Houston both times, and split with TN... 

SHOULD is the key word lol...

I don't see at as that tough though.

Overall, my prediction below not knowing the order (it'll likely change once the schedule comes out).... This assumes our OL gets back to top 10 pass pro lol... and that our DL actually gets pressure this year... 

• Should be easy wins (6)
    • 2xJax
    • 2xHouston
    • Pitt
    • at Giants
  • Tough wins (5)
    • Philly
    • Washington
    • at Vikings
    • at NE
    • TN at home
  • Toss ups (4) or tough losses
    • KC
    • LAC
    • at TN
    • at LVR
  • Losses
    • at Denver
    • at Cowboys

I'd love to sweep the Jags  and finally beat the Steelers last 4 losses were 4 point or less losses so annoying. I agree about the scheduling hopefully it'll be more balanced this year including gets a decent bye.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I'd love to sweep the Jags  and finally beat the Steelers last 4 losses were 4 point or less losses so annoying. I agree about the scheduling hopefully it'll be more balanced this year including gets a decent bye.

Yup. I hope our bye is before one of the last 6 games I listed.

My biggest hope is we simply win the games we should lol (that I have listed as easy wins). 

We should at least win or tie for the AFCS. 

If we can't sweep Jax and Houston this season, there's just something really wrong with this team from a foundational standpoint. Both are in rebuild mode in one way or another, neither with a great culture. I don't care if they are "division" games or not. To put it simply, there is no reason on paper we should lose to either team lol.

Houston is going to be an interesting matchup for the opener.  They were heinous last year defensively but in adding Smith there's a good chance they jump a bit on that side of the ball.  He's similar to Flus with the loafs and all that and the Dungy tree and they added a real nice corner.

Colts will beat them because of their run game and by virtue of the better roster but I expect the Texans will have a little more fight, a little more effort across the board in the two games.  Be ready to stop the run on defense, as Lovie will strongly feature it for sure.

I haven't answered this forum until after the schedule was released.

I was hoping that the Chiefs would be the home opener - and - it is.  Looking forward to our 2022 season in many many ways !!

On 5/9/2022 at 11:41 AM, Farns01 said:

We’ll done!

On 5/9/2022 at 8:09 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

They would be publicly shunned and laughed at, and the tradition of losing to the Jags in Jax would continue. However, the game will happen at some point this year, I'd rather get it out of the way Week 1 and be prepared for it. 

If the Colts lose to the Jags in Jax Week 1 after having time to prepare for the game and being (probably) as healthy as they are going to be for most of the year, then they would deserve the criticism from the media and fanbase that would come their way. 

Face them week 1, and get the game over with. Win or lose.

If the Colts don't go 2-0 to start the season, they won't be going to the playoffs

• Like 1