Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Parris Campbell

ChuggaBeer

First it's Parris with two Rs haha and second, he better stay healthy otherwise I can't see him latching on to another NFL team. Unless Parris completely balls out this year, I can't see Ballard re-signing him especially with guys like Nelson, Yannick, and Okereke going into the final year of their contracts. Willis too, but he's already getting replaced.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

First it's Parris with two Rs haha and second, he better stay healthy otherwise I can't see him latching on to another NFL team. Unless Parris completely balls out this year, I can't see Ballard re-signing him especially with guys like Nelson, Yannick, and Okereke going into the final year of their contracts. Willis too, but he's already getting replaced.

I agree it'll  be a bit difficult for him to come back. If he gets hurt again and unproductive I doubt he comes back. But if he "balls" and puts up good numbers he'll probably price himself out of Ballard's budget, maybe making it more difficult to come back.

If he stays healthy, he'll be productive. And if he's healthy and productive, he'll be back. Not on a big deal, but something moderate to health history and production.

Regardless of this year, would never spend big on him, nor will any other team, until he puts together multiple years of good health and production. 

But I do think even if we let him go, some team will pick him up on the cheap, hoping he can improve his relationship with the gods of health. 

29 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If he stays healthy, he'll be productive. And if he's healthy and productive, he'll be back. Not on a big deal, but something moderate to health history and production.

Regardless of this year, would never spend big on him, nor will any other team, until he puts together multiple years of good health and production. 

But I do think even if we let him go, some team will pick him up on the cheap, hoping he can improve his relationship with the gods of health. 

Imo, the best thing for the Colts when it comes to Campbell is hopefully he has a big year for us and some team offers a ridiculous contract to him a la Christian Kirk which obviously Ballard won't even entertain and that leads to a comp pick.

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Imo, the best thing for the Colts when it comes to Campbell is hopefully he has a big year for us and some team offers a ridiculous contract to him a la Christian Kirk which obviously Ballard won't even entertain and that leads to a comp pick.

Personally, I'm not sure how I feel lol. He's got a super weird history. 

His injuries have been very freakish, not really "glass" like. 

If he can stay healthy the majority of the season, I'd be willing to give him a short extension. 

Not a big dollar one, but something that allows him a chance to put two productive years together. 

If he can do it a few years in a row, then I'd be willing to go more and longer term.

But if he gets hurt again this season, it's simply time to part ways. 

With the influx of WR's into the league this year, he may not demand a huge contract if he plays well this season so I don't rule out bringing him back.   I am rooting for him of course.  

2 hours ago, Myles said:

With the influx of WR's into the league this year, he may not demand a huge contract if he plays well this season so I don't rule out bringing him back.   I am rooting for him of course.  

We're seeing the future.  Teams either will pay these WRs big buck, or they'll let them walk and draft the next new toy.

Pretty sure we know what camp Ballard is in.

(Not that I think Parris will be getting big bucks.  I'm talking Pittman)

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

We're seeing the future.  Teams either will pay these WRs big buck, or they'll let them walk and draft the next new toy.

Pretty sure we know what camp Ballard is in.

(Not that I think Parris will be getting big bucks.  I'm talking Pittman)

I think this is a big season to Pittman.  While he has been good in his first 2 seasons, he needs to emerge as a true #1 WR this season.  Something around a 90 receptions, 1300 yards and 10 TD's.   Otherwise maybe he is just a solid 32 WR.  

10 hours ago, CR91 said:

Willis is gonna be gone after this year I think the writing is on the wall with draft 

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

It's tough we have only seen a glimpse  of his potential  but we still don't  know what we have. His luck is worse than Anthony  Gonzales 

We never have luck with Ohio state guys lot of good players only to be derailed by injuries 

• Shive changed the title to Parris Campbell
2 hours ago, Stephen said:

It's tough we have only seen a glimpse  of his potential  but we still don't  know what we have. His luck is worse than Anthony  Gonzales 

Gonzalez was tackled out of bounds and had that freak PCL injury that never healed properly. Nothing he could do about that.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I feel the same way. If he could stay healthy, I have no doubt he would produce, and what a shot in the arm for the Colts that would be.  And that guy would be worth bringing back on a fair contract. But this is the year for him and the Colts. If he’s injured again and out for any substantial period of time, the Colts will have to move on. 

Fingers crossed for this guy; he’s been through a heckuva lot.

I've been frustrated with his on the field performance.  I'm sure injuries had a lot to do with that.   But dang it is hard not to root for that guy after seeing that video.  I hope he balls out this year and comes back but I'll root for him wherever he is.

48 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Gonzalez was tackled out of bounds and had that freak PCL injury that never healed properly. Nothing he could do about that.

Well, he's a Congressman now.  Maybe he could legislate that all players who do out of bounds hits would face criminal charges.

I would honestly think this is it for him. Make or break year, it has to be right? Play in at least 14 games and be a strong #3 than you are proven, get injured and play only 4 or 5 games than it is time to move on. Sad but he has to prove he can stay healthy. I hope he does because we are a better team with him on the field.

Actually watching this video he is a great humble guy. I am routing for him for sure. If he has a good year and stays healthy we bring him back. He isn’t getting some big contract. I hope the best for him no matter what though. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would honestly think this is it for him. Make or break year, it has to be right? Play in at least 14 games and be a strong #3 than you are proven, get injured and play only 4 or 5 games than it is time to move on. Sad but he has to prove he can stay healthy. I hope he does because we are a better team with him on the field.

Problem for him is he has to prove he can stay healthy AND that he can consistently produce, because due to his injuries we don’t really know what we have in him. 

He’s going to have his work cut out for him. Fingers crossed he stays healthy and blows everyone away with his performance. :goodluck:

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

Problem for him is he has to prove he can stay healthy AND that he can consistently produce, because due to his injuries we don’t really know what we have in him. 

He’s going to have his work cut out for him. Fingers crossed he stays healthy and blows everyone away with his performance. :goodluck:

True.  But I'm dying to see MPJ, AP, and Parris out there together.  Where do they roll the coverage?

As of right now I have him penciled in as the #4 receiver. If a veteran signs that will move him down.  He has potential to be #1 but likely lands on IR. Really not much in between so far. I know they are considered weird injuries but eventually you have to accept he is injury prone.  Guys take weird hits every week and stay healthy enough to play.  I hope I’m wrong bc I think this kid had star written all over him

36 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

As of right now I have him penciled in as the #4 receiver. If a veteran signs that will move him down.  He has potential to be #1 but likely lands on IR. Really not much in between so far. I know they are considered weird injuries but eventually you have to accept he is injury prone.  Guys take weird hits every week and stay healthy enough to play.  I hope I’m wrong bc I think this kid had star written all over him

If, and only if (which is a big if), he comes out of the gate healthy, IMO he'll start, and get the same amount of targets that Pittman does. In the last two seasons, when he was healthy, and a starter, he was getting 50+ yards a game, That's 800 a season. 

But my confidence isn't high obviously that he remains healthy. He's the most polished "advanced" route runner on the team, so I have to assume Ryan will grow early chemistry with him. 

At the same time though, every WR we have will get a fresh start (yet again lol) with a brand new QB, so will be interesting to see who Ryan gravitates towards. 

What I find interesting is that Ryan was #23 in deep ball attempts last season, after being #2 in 2020. Of course Julio was not in ATL last season, and Calvin Ridley missed time. So was his drop from 2nd to 23rd a product of missing his two favorite WRs, or a product of diminishing arm strength (like some have reported). And if his arm is still strong, will Frank finally open things up finally. I'd be re-energized if Reich let Matt go bombs away a few times a game. Just not sure it's in the cards though. 

14 minutes ago, jmac_48 said:

Dang, this guy needs the Karmic wheel to turn in his direction. High character, high quality family man...

he deserves success!

I feel like I need to take a ride over to Savannah and find this lady. 

He needs so good juju

minerva.jpg?itok=9fLiKpSF

14 hours ago, EastStreet said:

If, and only if (which is a big if), he comes out of the gate healthy, IMO he'll start, and get the same amount of targets that Pittman does. In the last two seasons, when he was healthy, and a starter, he was getting 50+ yards a game, That's 800 a season. 

But my confidence isn't high obviously that he remains healthy. He's the most polished "advanced" route runner on the team, so I have to assume Ryan will grow early chemistry with him. 

At the same time though, every WR we have will get a fresh start (yet again lol) with a brand new QB, so will be interesting to see who Ryan gravitates towards. 

What I find interesting is that Ryan was #23 in deep ball attempts last season, after being #2 in 2020. Of course Julio was not in ATL last season, and Calvin Ridley missed time. So was his drop from 2nd to 23rd a product of missing his two favorite WRs, or a product of diminishing arm strength (like some have reported). And if his arm is still strong, will Frank finally open things up finally. I'd be re-energized if Reich let Matt go bombs away a few times a game. Just not sure it's in the cards though. 

I see the reasoning behind your logic.  I think the colts will start him of healthy. I personally wouldn’t at the expense of other young WRs snaps. I would use him as a backup and limit his snaps until it just makes no sense to not unleash him full time. I think he will be injured before that happens. I don’t think he makes it 5 games before he misses time. Not being pessimistic just real.  I think the kid would be a top 10 star in this league if healthy. I think he really is that good. I hope he stays on the field. 

Do you know where CW ranked with deep balls thrown?  Hard to say what FR will do with Ryan. I think we have a few receivers capable of going deep. I hope that translates into a few deep shots a game. I’m not expecting 40-50yr bombs  from Ryan but hopefully enough 20yd throws to back the DBs up to work underneath with our run game and receivers. 

33 minutes ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Do you know where CW ranked with deep balls thrown?  Hard to say what FR will do with Ryan. I think we have a few receivers capable of going deep. I hope that translates into a few deep shots a game. I’m not expecting 40-50yr bombs  from Ryan but hopefully enough 20yd throws to back the DBs up to work underneath with our run game and receivers. 

I don't think he will do anything with him.   He'll just let Matt do what he wants, it seems to be what he does.  

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't think he will do anything with him.   He'll just let Matt do what he wants, it seems to be what he does.  

I agree, I think this year with Matt at QB, Matt will have permission from Reich to call audibles anytime he wants, like Peyton had when he was here. Reich has never had a QB like this other than Luck. He did have Rivers but Rivers although good was limited throwing deep because his arm strength wasn't that good. Matt Ryan still had pretty good arm strength, it isn't great but he can still wing it.

17 hours ago, EastStreet said:

According to PFF (your favorite), Matt Ryan was ranked #1 in accuracy at passes over 10 yards in 2021 with crap WR's. That is a real solid stat fact. Why some in here keep saying he as diminishing arm strength is comical. His arm strength is great according to PFF lmao . He turns 37 in May and easily can play 2 or 3 more years. His arm strength is better than Brady's and is better than what Rivers had in 2020.

Archived