Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

After the Draft: What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

Now that the draft has taken place and the Colts have signed free agents, the Colts will be holding Mini-camp and OTAs soon. 

What are you hearing and reading? 

Let's try to keep it Colts-focused as much as possible. 

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Nice. Glad we got a new thread.

Sorry don’t know if this would be colts focused but Landry was rumored to colts.

Colts don't need and can't afford  a 20 mil a year receiver that is in the declining stage of his career....pass

12 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Nice. Glad we got a new thread.

Sorry don’t know if this would be colts focused but Landry was rumored to colts.

Rumored? By a credible source? It's not a good fit and won't be happening...thank God.

31 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Who is a good fit?

Imo there are two WR that would make the most sense if they decide to add a vet. That is Julio or TY. They may want to see the guys we already have in some practice reps and get Matt’s feedback after putting in some time before giving up money and a roster space for another 1 year rental vs developing a young guy. 

3 hours ago, TheNextGM said:

Landry would be a better add.. he’s 29 and had more in than tank than TY (32) or Julio (33).

Not saying Colts are in on him, but he’d be an upgrade.

Let's role with pierce

Currently the Colts have Pittman, Campbell, Pierce, Dulin, Patmon, and Strachin at WR (excluding undrafted free agents).  They also have Coutee and Harris who have spent time on the active roster.  While I wouldn’t be completely shocked if they add another WR I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t either.  

At this point, I’d be expecting a one year, $6m deal for TY. That gets them the leadership/vet talent without the high $, long term commitment and doesn’t gum up the growth and playing time that Pierce will need. 

49 minutes ago, Hoose said:

At this point, I’d be expecting a one year, $6m deal for TY. That gets them the leadership/vet talent without the high $, long term commitment and doesn’t gum up the growth and playing time that Pierce will need. 

I think if we had been offering TYH $6 mill, he’d have signed it by now.   I don’t think we’re offering that kind of money.  Not to Hilton or any other WR.  

My hunch is we’re offering roughly half that.  Maybe $3-4m with a chance to make more based on incentives.   I’d also guess Hilton is hoping Irsay comes to his rescue again.  But  I’m not expecting that to happen this year. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What is your take on Landry? I think he would be good here but not sure what he wants money wise?

Not sure what he wants?   He got cut making $15m per.   He thought his market was $20m and fired his agents when no one offered anything close to that. 

I think he’d be a horrible fit here.  He’s got a career avg per catch of 11, that’s a TE average.  Two of his seasons he averaged 9 yards a catch.   We want receivers who can loosen up a defense.  Stretch the field. Landry doesn’t do that. He moves the chain.   We have lots of guys who can do that.   I don’t want him taking snaps from any of the young guys who need to play.  Our kids can’t get better unless they play.   But that’s just my two cents. Ok, maybe three cents?    Would you believe four?    :thmup:

23 minutes ago, TheNextGM said:

MPJ on one side, AP on the other.. need that slot guy..

Maybe Campbell if he can stay healthy, but I’d be more than happy with Landry there.

Hines Is probably going to be taking quite a few snaps in the slot.  Also have Coutee. I hope we sign one vet WR yet. I don’t care if it’s Landry or TY.

26 minutes ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Don't want Landry.   No reason to sign him.  I wish people would stop projecting him here.    Not gonna happen.   Move along  

I don't want taxes, but I still have to pay them. Until he is signed by someone, he'll be linked to teams needing WR help.

50 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Hines Is probably going to be taking quite a few snaps in the slot.  Also have Coutee. I hope we sign one vet WR yet. I don’t care if it’s Landry or TY.

I don’t think Coutee makes the final roster.  Again, he’s done next to nothing in his career outside of a couple games vs the Colts.

10 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He might not if we sign another vet. He has a good chance if we don’t.

We're likely looking at 6 WR's on the 53....     I don't think we've ever had more.    And we have carried less.

So, today,  even without TYH or Julio,  we currently have the following....

Pittman,  Pierce,  Campbell,  Dulin,  Patmon and Strachan.     Odds are, these are your six.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not sure what he wants?   He got cut making $15m per.   He thought his market was $20m and fired his agents when no one offered anything close to that. 

I think he’d be a horrible fit here.  He’s got a career avg per catch of 11, that’s a TE average.  Two of his seasons he averaged 9 yards a catch.   We want receivers who can loosen up a defense.  Stretch the field. Landry doesn’t do that. He moves the chain.   We have lots of guys who can do that.   I don’t want him taking snaps from any of the young guys who need to play.  Our kids can’t get better unless they play.   But that’s just my two cents. Ok, maybe three cents?    Would you believe four?    :thmup:

Tell me how you really feel Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by hoppiplmao 

I’d rather let who we have try..if we didn’t add anyone amazing in FA then why bother now? Yes there are many unproven players on the roster but there are also many unproven players who have had chances elsewhere who won’t help us either so I don’t think we need to stress the issue Oline/Run/Better Qb I think can help the wr unless they all start dropping stuff 

On 5/7/2022 at 7:45 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I read today that Landry may be a consideration for….   Baltimore.   May be.  

And to repeat….   I haven’t seen a story linking the Colts and Landry in weeks.  

Personally, I hope we take a pass….  

Me too. 

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

He might not if we sign another vet. He has a good chance if we don’t.

Not really.  I doubt they keep more than six and I think Pittman, Campbell, Pierce, Dulin, Patmon, and, Strachin are all ahead of him as they were all on the roster all of last year except for Pierce who wasn’t here yet clearly.  He’s not some long term vet like TY, he’s been in the NFL one year longer than Campbell and Dulin.  

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not really.  I doubt they keep more than six and I think Pittman, Campbell, Pierce, Dulin, Patmon, and, Strachin are all ahead of him as they were all on the roster all of last year except for Pierce who wasn’t here yet clearly.  He’s not some long term vet like TY, he’s been in the NFL one year longer than Campbell and Dulin.  

Gut feeling but my gut has been ache lately lmao Our 6 WR's will be Pittman, Pierce, Campbell, Dulin, Patmon, and TY. Hines will catch a lot of passes out of the field too. TY will be back.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Gut feeling but my gut has been ache lately lmao Our 6 WR's will be Pittman, Pierce, Campbell, Dulin, Patmon, and TY. Hines will catch a lot of passes out of the field too. TY will be back.

I could see TY being brought back for vet leadership and that will probably cost Strachin a spot on the active roster.  

Are people never satisfied? The Colts used their highest pick on a WR. Ballard has said he believes in the WR room. He hired a former player who is one of the best to ever play the game. 

It is time to have the players that have been drafted....both this year and previously, to show their mettle....... Now. 

I would say that Ballard may add a veteran WR. I would guess that the highest price tag for that player would be 4-6 mil/year. 

5 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Are people never satisfied? The Colts used their highest pick on a WR. Ballard has said he believes in the WR room. He hired a former player who is one of the best to ever play the game. 

It is time to have the players that have been drafted....both this year and previously, to show their mettle....... Now. 

I would say that Ballard may add a veteran WR. I would guess that the highest price tag for that player would be 4-6 mil/year. 

We could win the SB and a few won't be satisfied. This going to be a fun year where we will no doubt win the South and then we roll the chips terry rozier player GIF

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Dude I’ve been on this forum when someone said they were embarrassed by a win because it wasn’t big enough and right after the Colts won the Super Bowl complained they hadn’t won more.  Some people will complain no matter what. 

Archived