Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What is everyone's expectations for the Colts in 2022

What is everyone's expectations for the Colts in 2022  

77 members have voted

1. 1. What is everyone's expectations for the Colts in 2022?

• Making the playoffs, but no playoff win
    • Winning the AFC South, but no playoff win
    • Making the playoffs, and 1 playoff win
    • Winning the AFC South, and 1 playoff win
    • Colts will win the AFC
    • Colts will win the SB

43 minutes ago, TaylorStillTruckedYou said:

Win or Lose, my expectation will always be Super Bowl.  I’m sure that’s how the players feel as well

It is possible but if we don't do that I just don't want that to take away anything if we have a good season. That is always my goal = winning the SB.

I’m not really sure yet. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we missed the playoffs again. I mean…

-We’re playing a new QB (AGAIN!) who will have to learn the system and get the timing down with our WRs, TEs and oline. 

-We will have 2 new starters on the oline, which will mean a lot for pass protection and the run game. 
-We’ve got a completely new defensive staff and some tweaks to the scheme. 
-We will have a new starters on defense at key positions. 

There’s a lot that can go wrong here. My guess is we will be somewhere between a 8 and 12 win team. 

I think people need to temper their expectations for the rookies (me included).

However, since it's hard for me to do that - I expect to win the AFC and go to the SB.

Build up a big lead over TB.  And this time Matt has the experience to make it stick.

(Okay, I'll wake up soon)

On paper this is a 11-13 win team. My gut says 9-11 wins. All I hope for is we compete for the division.  If we lose we lose. In my opinion the team has made the moves necessary to win and I’m happy with that. If it doesn’t work out at least we gave it a great shot. 

I'd guess with the Titans downgrading from Brown to Burks, and using a third on Willis that won't help them this year, we are probably the immediate favorites in the division for the short-term. I say we win the South, and beat whichever 5-7 seed we face in the first round of the playoffs, then lose to the Chiefs/Bills/Bengals in the divisional round. 

We are closer, but not there yet. However, this year will be like 2020 IMO playoff-wise except we win the South.

11 hours ago, richard pallo said:

With Ryan as our quarterback I’m not too concerned now.  He will have the same freedom as Peyton and will get us into the right play.  He’s a difference maker.

I hope you are correct.

Wildcard.  Good chance to advance a game but probably not quite up to snuff with the top group.

On 5/7/2022 at 2:23 AM, sb2001 said:

I ALWAYS expect to win it all!!!  ALWAYS!

Reminds me of my aunt.  Every lottery ticket is without a doubt going to be the winner.  Great lady and everyone loves her just don't ask her a serious question.

Have no clue at this point, but we SHOULD make the playoffs. 

Toss up to win the AFCS. We should easily sweep Jax and Houston, and should split with TN.

I'd like to see the full schedule and final roster though before I'm too specific. 

If our O is still conservative this season, I don't think we go far. 

On 5/5/2022 at 3:06 PM, Solid84 said:

I’m not really sure yet. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we missed the playoffs again. I mean…

-We’re playing a new QB (AGAIN!) who will have to learn the system and get the timing down with our WRs, TEs and oline. 

-We will have 2 new starters on the oline, which will mean a lot for pass protection and the run game. 
-We’ve got a completely new defensive staff and some tweaks to the scheme. 
-We will have a new starters on defense at key positions. 

There’s a lot that can go wrong here. My guess is we will be somewhere between a 8 and 12 win team. 

If it helps - Matt is a master at learning new offenses out the gate. We had a new OC (Koetter) in 2012 and almost (should've) went to the SB. 

Also, Matt is used to playing behind road cones for OL. Anything better is great. He also has not had a good RB since Devonta Freeman's 3rd year (2017). 

Also, our defense has been trash for over a decade. We put together just barely good enough ones for the 2012 NFCCG run and 2016 SB. 

If those are the only concerns, I wouldn't be concerned. 

With the additions to the roster, we are legitimate favorites in the AFC South as well as a formidable top 3-4 AFC team.  To advance deep in the playoffs, you have to have some luck as well as remain healthy.  If we receive both, I can realistically see us winning the SOUTH and advancing as far as the AFC Championship game.  With this said, I selected win the AFC South and 1 playoff game.  If we remain healthy and the ball bouncers our way, I won't be surprised to see us celebrating as we prepare for the AFC Championship and possibly beyond.   

My expectations are for my franchise to field a group of prepared, hard working, respectable athletes who display work ethic, good character, and steadfast effort. I expect them to give their best all season from start to finish, but no matter what......to ever let their dedication to this team destroy their love for the game, their love of life, or their future. 

Archived