Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bears reportedly releasing Nick Foles

This is getting me to thing more and more that the Eagles' superbowl win was a fluke.  The QB who played during the season and got them there is gone, and has proven to be a nothing afterwards.  The QB who won the game for them is gone, and has proven to not be the solution for his next team.  And the coach who won it is gone, as well.  It was a fluke.  A very happy bright moment.  Fluke.

7 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

This is getting me to thing more and more that the Eagles' superbowl win was a fluke.  The QB who played during the season and got them there is gone, and has proven to be a nothing afterwards.  The QB who won the game for them is gone, and has proven to not be the solution for his next team.  And the coach who won it is gone, as well.  It was a fluke.  A very happy bright moment.  Fluke.

Maybe not a Fluke but more A Stroke of Luck. 

haha

8 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

And probably why Brady hates them all so much. I kinda like Foles as a person. But as a player, he just hasn’t lived up to that Super Bowl level again. 

The Eagles had great depth that year and caught lightning in a bottle. Not exactly a fluke, but very very lucky in their timing. 

43 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Would be a decent pickup if we could sign him for cheap. We need a backup and I don't think Elinger s it.

Agree.  We need a veteran backup that will give us a chance to win if we need him.  Fole’s familiarity with Reich and his offense makes a lot of sense.  I have very little confidence that a 6th rd pick in his second year can win us a game or two where they are all important.  Hate to see us caught with our pants down like when Luck retired.  We are contenders and can win our division. But we need good backups at every position.  Certainly at quarterback the most important position on any team.

8 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

And probably why Brady hates them all so much. I kinda like Foles as a person. But as a player, he just hasn’t lived up to that Super Bowl level again. 

The Eagles had great depth that year and caught lightning in a bottle. Not exactly a fluke, but very very lucky in their timing. 

Josh McDaniels  made some bad calls that game that 

It is a possible option if he is available if Ryan goes down or Sam struggles in the preseason. So far Sam has proved to be extremely knowledgeable of the playbook and has earned the chance show what he has.  Unless it would be a veteran minimum deal to stay in the league, I don’t think signing Foles would be a good use of resources we have left or justify restructuring contracts that take away future cap space. 

Really happy for his SB run.  That was an amazing accomplishment. He wasn’t able to do anything with the Jags or Bears...he won’t here either. We already tried an Eagles QB that played under Reich...I’m sure the Colts brass learned from that mistake. 

When Nick Foles won that SB, Bill Belichick decided to get cute and thought he was the smartest man in the room by benching Malcolm Butler. Butler at that time was their 2nd best Corner (Gilmore and he ruled the roost). He was benched because he had a disagreement with DC Matt Patricia. Patricia ended up being a horrible head coach with the Lions and by benching Butler it more than likely cost the Pats a SB win.

Regarding Foles, no thanks. He has been washed up since 2019.

2 hours ago, Pelt said:

Foles gold. Pyrite.

Ehlinger still on his rookie contract and learning behind Ryan.

We're good.

We’re really not good.  If Ryan goes down we are in deep do do with Sam at quarterback. He has never won or played in an NFL game.  He was a 6th rd pick for a reason.

42 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

He's being released. That is all we need to know. 

A lot of football players get released all for different reasons.   I would have more confidence in him stepping in and winning a game than Sam right now.  All Sam has shown is that he can hold a clipboard.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

We’re really not good.  If Ryan goes down we are in deep do do with Sam at quarterback. He has never won or played in an NFL game.  He was a 6th rd pick for a reason.

If Ryan goes down then we have a nice shot at some talented QBs in the first round of next year’s draft. 

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

If Ryan goes down then we have a nice shot at some talented QBs in the first round of next year’s draft. 

Who cares about that.  I’m not talking about an extended absence.  I’m concerned about Ryan missing games this year and we need Sam to win them for us.  Did you forget our players and the entire organization are trying to win it this year?  That’s the focus.  But you’re thinking about a quarterback in next year’s draft.  I would much rather win the SB and have the 32nd pick.  I could care less about next year’s class.  

The Colts just paid Jack Coan of Notre Dame (via Wisconsin) $60K as an UDFA and also have James Morgan from FIU who was drafted in the fourth round by the Jets last year. With Sam as well, I think we have enough QBs.

9 minutes ago, Dr. T said:

The Colts just paid Jack Coan of Notre Dame (via Wisconsin) $60K as an UDFA and also have James Morgan from FIU who was drafted in the fourth round by the Jets last year. With Sam as well, I think we have enough QBs.

It's not about quantity, it's about quality. Not one you mentioned has ever started an NFL game and Elinger is the only one to throw a pass in the NFL and he's thrown for 9 yards. 

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Who cares about that.  I’m not talking about an extended absence.  I’m concerned about Ryan missing games this year and we need Sam to win them for us.  Did you forget our players and the entire organization are trying to win it this year?  That’s the focus.  But you’re thinking about a quarterback in next year’s draft.  I would much rather win the SB and have the 32nd pick.  I could care less about next year’s class.  

2 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

Your already looking to next year. I'm really looking forward to this year.

Wow you guys need to calm down. I’m not looking to next year. I’m very happy with Matt Ryan. I’m simply saying if the worst happens, then it happens. Life goes on. If Ryan goes down there is no backup QB out there that’s going to win us a Super Bowl. 

On 5/1/2022 at 3:02 PM, richard pallo said:

If i'm not mistaken he's never thrown a pass in an nfl game either

On 5/1/2022 at 6:04 PM, richard pallo said:

with ballard not signing our own the o-line may get ryan hurt

2 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

ballards qb picks have not been good

And all we spent on our picks was a 4 for Eason and a 6 for Ehlinger.  That’s it.  Big deal!  

Even the miss on Wentz only cost a 1 and a 3.   Teams are missing on first round quarterbacks where they traded up and spent two or more first round picks and two or more other picks.    In other words, we only spent pennies compared to other teams.  

You’re so busy hating on Ballard that you don’t realize you’re not making a good argument.   

Archived