Colts Select Jelani Woods at 73

tvturner

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NorthernColt said:

WOW. Hell of a draft so far.

With their first pick they traded AJ Brown out of the division

With their second they turned it into an extra pick and addresses maybe their biggest need in WR and I think got their guy

with their third round picks they got Matt Ryan and got a steal at tightend and have one more to go.

19 minutes ago, stitches said:

Love this pick! Athletic freak at TE. This is @Superman's guy . He has tons of potential as a two-way TE. 

I'll claim him as my guy as well.  I posted about him as a player to watch prior to East-West Shrine game.  As a canes fan, I watch a lot of ACC football.  He is already productive and upside through the roof

10 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IMO, good project type of TE. 

He's very similar to MAC. so not sure I get it. 

I would have projected him in the 4th round. 

I expected more a a "move" TE, but I guess they are still high on Granson. 

MAC is no where near the athlete Woods is. Although I see the similarities. I don't actually think he's all that raw in the passing game, blocking he could improve, which he's already stated he's aware of.

As for Granson, I do think they like him still, didn't use him much last year. They won't give up on him after 1 year of Carson behind the wheel.

6 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

MAC is no where near the athlete Woods is. Although I see the similarities. I don't actually think he's all that raw in the passing game, blocking he could improve, which he's already stated he's aware of.

As for Granson, I do think they like him still, didn't use him much last year. They won't give up on him after 1 year of Carson behind the wheel.

MAC played basketball, not FB, so very hard to say either is more athletic. MAC was 10lbs or more heavier coming into the league. 

I agree Woods is better 40 wise coming into the NFL, but his hands are suspect. I really hope he translates. Like I said, good project. But he's not a great blocker, and doesn't have great hands. 

9 minutes ago, bleed blue 4 life said:

he us better than mo . he is a beast with great hands

Most of the draft evals mention questionable hands. 

4 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Uonestly, I don't think there is any room for TY on this team. He just doesn't fit what they r looking for. If Parris can stay healthy....man oh man. 

The last time we let a long tenured fan favorite go (Edge) we went on to win the Super Bowl the next year.  Shame we had to sacrifice Edge for the Chip…. But he got an honorary ring.  TY is the sacrifice this year.  He’ll get an honorary ring like Edge after we win it the Super Bowl next year.

23 minutes ago, Goatface Killah said:

Great pick. 

Regardless of this dudes size, he is a much better receiver than blocker at this point..... but what a package of traits.

He can really run for a man that size and he has a great deal of upside. 

Cox, Woods and Granson have a chance to be a very good group.

He was used as a FB a lot at OK ST.  So he’s a pretty good blocker.  Like all rookies, he has a lot to learn.  

He actually has a lot of comparisons to Gronk.  Wouldn’t that be something?

19 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

He was used as a FB a lot at OK ST.  So he’s a pretty good blocker.  Like all rookies, he has a lot to learn.  

He actually has a lot of comparisons to Gronk.  Wouldn’t that be something?

I guess I view him as disappointing blocker, at this point. Hes not bad, but with that physical ability and size he should be elite.

I heard the Gronk stuff too. And yeah that would be something for sure.

Archived