Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Select WR Alec Pierce


tvturner
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I have not been following the draft process, what is the lowdown on him?

 

Great route runner

Deceptively fast

High football IQ

Fundamentally Sound

Very coachable

Great locker room guy

Reminds many of Adam Thelein, Ed McCaffery, Wayne Chrebet, Joe Jurevicious, Brandon Stokely, and Steve Larget

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Patagonia Chris said:

He’s good value says the guy with Malik Willis in the profile pick lmao admit you’ve never played the game, know little and grab the Pom poms and sit on the sideline. Ballard better be on the hot seat.

I rarely call people out, but you are just being a *.  Please explain your indifference to the pick.  Please, I would love to hear your view, as you have already stated that no one else played the game....and we all should be cheerleaders....please enlighten us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely love Alec Pierce.
 

He is pretty much a perfect Z receiver to compliment our X receiver Michael Pittman Jr.

 

Parris is gonna feast from the slot. Nyheim too when he’s out there.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

Love it when BSPN goes to commercial after/during every Colts pick! Smfh!

So true no respect for us at all. I mean ESPN is unwatchable anymore anyway with there 10 m commercials an hour. I’d rather watch you tube anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

 

Size and athleticism... 

 

Incredible.

 

Him being picked with these measurements confirms that Ballard definitely (1000%) has a type when it comes to wide receivers.

 

But we already knew that.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, James said:

Absolutely love Alec Pierce.
 

He is pretty much a perfect Z receiver to compliment our X receiver Michael Pittman Jr.

 

Parris is gonna feast from the slot. Nyheim too when he’s out there.

Hahahahaha Paris will play maybe 3 games again. This fan base, smh.

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Patagonia Chris said:

Hahahahaha Paris will play maybe 3 games again. This fan base, smh.


I actually think Parris will stay healthy in his contract year (=this upcoming season).

 

An anomaly in his professional career - but normal looking back at him in college.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing here being over looked.

 

Cincy is my favorite CFB team. I watched almost every game last year.

 

Pierce was practically the only quality receiving threat on the team. Other teams game planned against him and tried to shut him down. Ridder loved and trusted him.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I kind of wanted Moore but this makes so much sense.  We lost Pascal, who was really good in the run game but an average threat as a receiver, at best.
 

This kid is a very good blocker, and has the speed to keep that extra guy out of the box.  
 

Great pick!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like he is a red zone threat and a vertical threat from the jump. Everything I read in regards to his cons are in regards to his average release and route tree. Seems like something that Wayne can help him with for sure.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

 

Check the catch at 3:20. Damn/..

i do see one problem with him that may not fly in the nfl and it looks like on a bunch of his receptions that he pushed off on the db's. 

did anyone else notice that and i think once you go beyond 5 yard from the line you cannot push off.

 

let me know if those plays were legal

thanks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

 

Great route runner

Deceptively fast

High football IQ

Fundamentally Sound

Very coachable

Great locker room guy

Reminds many of Adam Thelein, Ed McCaffery, Wayne Chrebet, Joe Jurevicious, Brandon Stokely, and Steve Larget

You forgot about high motor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bravo said:

One thing here being over looked.

 

Cincy is my favorite CFB team. I watched almost every game last year.

 

Pierce was practically the only quality receiving threat on the team. Other teams game planned against him and tried to shut him down. Ridder loved and trusted him.

He lead them to an unbeaten regular season......that counts for something

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m pretty sure I saw Reggie Wayne in the back of the draft room looking happy.  I could be wrong as he had a beard but he was high fiving whoever it was.  
 

nfl network compared him to chase Claypool.   Yeah.  I’m good with that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like it. Big bodied receiver who can stretch the defense. Multiple draft profiles have claimed he improved his route running throughout the season. I think we got one here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He has excellent ball skills, but considering his speed, he's rarely running wide open.  With more work and better route running, that could change.

 

I think TY definitely comes back now, being a good complement to these two.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, #12. said:

but considering his speed, he's rarely running wide open.

Watch his highlight tape. There were quite a few he had to slow down and wait for the ball. Still fought the defender off for the ball. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, #12. said:

He has excellent ball skills, but considering his speed, he's rarely running wide open.  With more work and better route running, that could change.

 

I think TY definitely comes back now, being a good complement to these two.  

Not sure we see T.Y.......Piitman-1, Pierce-2, Dulin-3, Strachan-4,Campbell-5,Patmon-6,Harris-7,Coutee-8....we already have too many on the back end. Think Hilton is Dallas bound

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Not sure we see T.Y.......Piitman-1, Pierce-2, Dulin-3, Strachan-4,Campbell-5,Patmon-6,Harris-7,Coutee-8....we already have too many on the back end. Think Hilton is Dallas bound

I think TY is retiring. It’s Colts or retirement I’m pretty sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, holeymoley99 said:

Not sure we see T.Y.......Piitman-1, Pierce-2, Dulin-3, Strachan-4,Campbell-5,Patmon-6,Harris-7,Coutee-8....we already have too many on the back end. Think Hilton is Dallas bound


If (big if) Parris is playing, thats four spots that are taken.  Maybe two more open after that?
 

Still I'd like to see TY back anyway.  There’s not a lot of experience in that room.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:


If (big if) Parris is playing, thats four spots that are taken.  Maybe two more open after that?
 

Still I'd like to see TY back anyway.  There’s not a lot of experience in that room.  

Harris or Coutee could jump Patmon because more slot...its going to be a battle for spots, this is a deep wr room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ruf said:

i do see one problem with him that may not fly in the nfl and it looks like on a bunch of his receptions that he pushed off on the db's. 

did anyone else notice that and i think once you go beyond 5 yard from the line you cannot push off.

 

let me know if those plays were legal

thanks

 

I noticed the push offs. I did not see much separation either but back shoulder catches were good. Jump ball catches were also good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

Harris or Coutee could jump Patmon because more slot...its going to be a battle for spots, this is a deep wr room.


TY and Parris in the slot.  MPJ, Pierce, Dulin and….Strahan or Patmon at X and Y.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, atapcl said:

I noticed the push offs. I did not see much separation either but back shoulder catches were good. Jump ball catches were also good.

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

is this good?

 

Unpolished IMO. 

Not sure I understand him over Moore. Not saying Moore was elite, but Pierce has questionable agility and route running. 

I love his size and speed though. 

KC snatched Moore up right after we took AP. 

We shall see. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

 

Unpolished IMO. 

Not sure I understand him over Moore. Not saying Moore was elite, but Pierce has questionable agility and route running. 

I love his size and speed though. 

KC snatched Moore up right after we took AP. 

We shall see. 


I think his ability to block, especially after losing Pascal, gave him the edge over Moore.  
 

Just my opinion.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...