Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Select WR Alec Pierce

tvturner

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Pierce. I was hoping for Moore, Watson, or Pierce going into today.

One aspect of Pierce that I think gets overlooked is his run blocking. He has good size (in addition to speed) and from what I understand he is a willing blocker. That's important. I know they have been discussing on 1070 this week the importance of having a guy like Jack Doyle at TE who can block and be a receiving threat but I think it's also a big plus to have two WRs who are capable blockers too. The Colts now have that with Pittman and Pierce.

20 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I have not been following the draft process, what is the lowdown on him?

He's an absolute burner, one of the best vertical threats in the class, he can sky over DBs, he's huge at 6'3", and he'll slide in perfectly at the Z

Could add a bit more physicality, expand his route tree, and be a better run blocker but his potential to be a game wrecker is huge

I like Skyy Moore better. Alec Pierce is a really good prospect though. He can be a nice, productive pro, and I think he can play right away.

The Colts also worked their board and the value at this position really well, I think. Moved back, picked up another third, gave up a fourth, got a sixth, still in tact with 2023 picks... And as a preview of what they'll say later in the presser, they got the guy they wanted. I was a little annoyed with the trade back at first; after moving up from #47, we move back? But the value on the board was pretty obvious, I think. Nice work.

Edit: Welcome to the Colts, Alec Pierce.

7 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

is this good?

I think it is. Many will say he has straight line speed, but he has size to go with the speed. He can play a role and win jump balls. I think he can grow, but will probably be a possession receiver early on. But he does have speed to be a deep threat. Look at Ealter football eval on him. 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Pierce is a good player. A bit of a weird fit because we already have a player that plays very similar in Pittman... I guess maybe Ballard indeed loves bigger receivers. I like Moore better, but Pierce is a good value here. 

I think he has the explosiveness that Pittman doesn't quite bring. But yeah, seems pretty obvious the staff wants bigger receivers if they can get him.

1 minute ago, Archer said:

Yuck.  Not sure what he brings that isn’t already on the roster.  I’m sure I’ll warm to him, though…

Personally I was hoping for a more explosive  wr. Alec makes alot of catches on traffic but his separation  could be better as could home run speed

This is a good pick with the combination of the trade down and Pierce together. Pierce is another huge target opposite of Pittman, and we needed that. Skyy Moore is 5'10 and that wouldn't of helped us on the outside. My friend loves this pick and was talking about him weeks before the draft.

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

Pierce is a good player. A bit of a weird fit because we already have a player that plays very similar in Pittman... I guess maybe Ballard indeed loves bigger receivers. I like Moore better, but Pierce is a good value here. 

He’s good value says the guy with Malik Willis in the profile pick lmao admit you’ve never played the game, know little and grab the Pom poms and sit on the sideline. Ballard better be on the hot seat.

From Andrew Walker........

Interesting to note on new #Colts WR Alec Pierce: was mostly used on the outside, but wasn't limited to one side at Cincinnati.

751 career snaps outside to the left, 721 snaps outside to the right.

196 career slot snaps, FWIW.

Archived