Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

NOW the draft should get a little weird.  We’re at the bottom 10-12 of the first round.  And opinions will really diverge here. 

What happens here will heavily impact what we do at 42 tomorrow.    Going to get interesting….

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Apologies. Didn’t mean for that to sound any kind of way. Just thought maybe you were getting updated on ESPN app or something. 

Appreciated but no worries. Nah just listening online on this goofy ESPN podcast. Not addicted to my cell phone. :) 

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

Terrell Owens went in the 3rd, as did Keenan Allen but he had injury issues in college.

You can cherry pick examples all day long. Look at how many were picked that did not pan out. 

18 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If colts lose the AFC  South it will be a travesty.

Except we need a WR to start day 1. We don’t need a CB.

I doubt Ballard is gonna pass up the chance to build a truly dominate defense, especially in the backend

The WR class still has a lot of talent left 

1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

Terrell Owens went in the 3rd, as did Keenan Allen but he had injury issues in college.

If I were a GM, I would not prioritize WRs.  There are so many of them. I think having a good QB to get the ball to his receivers is a lot more valuable. I think protecting the QB is more important. JMO.

5 minutes ago, jonjon said:

You can cherry pick examples all day long. Look at how many were picked that did not pan out. 

That can be said about every round, & every position, but especially  in the higher rounds in which more is expected of you if you're taken high.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

So the Colts 1st Rd pick this year ended up removing A.J Brown from our division........

Ballard’s long plan is playing out.  Trade a pick for Wentz.  Hope for the best for a year it didn’t so rob Washington blind to dump Wentz.  Steal Matty Ice for part of what you got for Wentz.  Then have his agent in Philly (his former OC) trade the Colts pick for AJ Brown weakening the Colts biggest divisional rival to set the Colts up this year.

The man knew what he was talking about when he said delay gratification…

Just to be clear the above is all a joke.

GB has the first really bad pick of the night IMO, takes a LB that by most accounts is a second round talent and pass on a DE in Jermaine Johnson who shouldn't have fallen this far??

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Ballard’s long plan is playing out.  Trade a pick for Wentz.  Hope for the best for a year it didn’t so rob Washington blind to dump Wentz.  Steal Matty Ice for part of what you got for Wentz.  Then have his agent in Philly (his former OC) trade the Colts pick for AJ Brown weakening the Colts biggest divisional rival to set the Colts up this year.

The man knew what he was talking about when he said delay gratification…

Except Tennessee got a Brown/Deebo hybrid that’s younger to replace him. 

Bills shoring up their defensive backs. Definitely a response to what happened in the divisional round.

Pretty interesting to see both the Chiefs and Bills arming against each other through the defense.

• Like 1

• w87r unpinned this topic