Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Ballard caught so, so much flak for that. Needless to say, Ballard was right, Mel Kiper was wrong. Of course, Mel Kiper is always wrong, but I digress...

I don’t think it was Kiper….   I think it was someone else.    I’m not certain,  but I don’t think so.    I think Kiper had the Colts as the number one draft in 2018. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, New Zealands #1 Colts Fan said:

Jordy Nelson comparison except pierce is taller and faster

Pierce is a terrible pick, when Pickens was there at 42. Don't try to tell me Pickens ain't a Colts guy because he's a bad seed when the Steelers, one of the classiest organizations snag him. Ballard being Ballard screwed us up yet again

GM Chris Ballard gives new QB Matt Ryan a nice alternative to WR Michael Pittman Jr. Pierce provides tremendous size (6-3, 211 pounds), speed (4.4-second 40-yard dash) and intelligence – he studied mechanical engineering – a combination that should earn him immediate snaps if not Indy's WR2 post.

If I were giving grades, I'd give Ballard a B for this pick.  Pierce is tall, physical and has good speed with a 4.4 forty time.  He is not the elusive playmaker that Skyy Moore is who happens to be the next pick but I think he will bookend well with Michael Pittman at the receiver position having a similar frame and many of the same attributes.

2 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Sources Tell Us

"He's a big guy who is going to test really well but I think he's going to have a hard time finding separation." -- Area scout for AFC team.

Yea, this pick will allow Ballard to say we got a WR but you might as well just took some undrafted guys. Pierce is a zero burger

7 minutes ago, Shive said:

Pierce has some great traits, but his struggle to create separation really worries me. Whelp, let's hope he can learn from Reggie.

I get you, his agility score is poor. I think though he will be the vertical piece to the offense, with Pittman working underneath. Infairness to Pierce, he can run, jump, catch well, very good in the vertical plane. I think getting a good seperator in the slot (maybe bring TY back?) and that's a nice WR core imo.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I completely agree. I feel there must be more to this. But PFF said the Vikings won the trade. I don't get it.

@VikingsFanInChennai you were right about the spotty internet access here in the Adirondacks. Hopefully I will be able to follow the 2nd and 3rd rounds tonight. 

@CheezyColt it looks like Minnesota wanted to trade down to #32 and not that Detroit wanted to trade up to #12. That's the only explanation I could think of. Per the rich hill trade value chart, vikings left around 300 points on the board. I'd have been happier if they'd got #97 third round late pick from Detroit - which still wouldn't have been fair enough per that trade chart. So I guess that goes to show Vikings wanted to trade down a bunch and other teams weren't buying it.

@NFLfan Vikings traded with colts to get CB Andrew Booth Jr. Gave up #53 & #77 & #192 and got #42, #122. Colts then selected WR Alec Pierce while Pickens and #1 TE went before and after to Steelers and cardinals. Vikings pick is coming up at #59 shortly.

Ha, I think Adirondacks is the same as it should be. However, The network companies don't cover lot of areas especially mountainous sections just so they spend their capital around populated areas - that never changes though. 

2 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

4.33 isn’t fast?

It is. If only that was his 40 time.

PS not saying he's slow by any means. But he's not a blazer like Moore. Not that I would expect a guy that big to be. He's just more athlete than WR talent. His hands aren't that great, he's not elusive, etc. He's like a faster version of Pittman with worse hands. Not what we needed IMO. If Ballard wanted to improve the receiving corps. McBride IMO was the move. Worst of all, we very most likely could have gotten Pierce with our 3d round pick. Total F up by Ballard. 

9 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Another child on the forum, how cute. tee hee.

Not everyone is watching live FYI. 

Me correcting you.. makes me a child? Good one buddy.. maybe don’t rely on something that will be late compared to watching tv.. jonjon grow up buckaroo

4 minutes ago, Matabix said:

I think Ruckert best blocking TE that can catch. Not sure if the good WRs at OSU made him look better than he is. I liked Ruckert highlights better than McBride. 

I think Ruckert may be a great fit for us at TE. Really good blocking TE that we like and solid in the receiving game.

3 minutes ago, IndySouthsider said:

4.33 isn’t fast?

He ran a 4.41 at the combine...

2 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

That is even beater speed then Pittman I think.

Pittman was around 4.51 I think?

Archived