Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I kind of expect a small trade up tomorrow.

Me too, I'm kinda thinking Ballard is targeting either Malik Willis, or Watson or Skyy Moore. I have a feeling he'll either get Willis if he falls a bit, or whichever WR he wants in the 2nd round.

The cost is a lot lower now.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I think so. He's probably worth a 1st in most drafts. He's not ready yet, but he can learn under Matt Ryan until he leaves in 2 years.

I think so too. Derek Carr, Drew Brees, were 2nd round QBs, so the odds are good Malik Willis could develop into something with his talent.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Should Ballard trade up if Malik Willis is within striking distance? 

I would be surprised. I think if they liked any QB enough to trade up for they would have went to #32 for that 5th year option. Feels like they didn't love any of the QBs...IMO.

Just now, chad72 said:

I think so too. Derek Carr, Drew Brees, all were 2nd round QBs, so the odds are good Malik Willis could develop into something with his talent.

If we could trade up with pick #42 and a 4th rounder, I would do that in a heartbeat. Get your guy, and trade down in the third and draft BPA the rest of the draft. Willis would be worth it.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Scroll up.  I have to look at the bright side. They did not draft a QB in the first round. But they should have kept the #12 pick and get Hamilton.  Oh well. 

Yeah, but I guess this is good player too.. We get to pick 2 more players in top 70..

Anyway, the way I look at it is we're not gonna be great with Cousins, so let the new GM build the roster slowly one by one and they DO get a great QB in coming year(s) to replace Cousins and have a young roster by that time to go for the best. 

Here's cheers to that. 

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we could trade up with pick #42 and a 4th rounder, I would do that in a heartbeat. Get your guy, and trade down in the third and draft BPA the rest of the draft. Willis would be worth it.

Willis has a long delivery. He is a major project. Like i said. Ryan did not come here and wave his no trade clsuse so thr Colt could pick a qb in the 2nd round.

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Anyway, the way I look at it is we're not gonna be great with Cousins, so let the new GM build the roster slowly one by one and they DO get a great QB in coming year(s) to replace Cousins and have a young roster by that time to go for the best. 

True.  I do not mind a QB with one of the next two picks. Willis is among the BPAs. I think we need to go BPA.

Who are some of the best players still left?  Krauser and others like Jalen Pitre but he is a safety too.  He also likes Logan Hall.

On Friday….    My 2nd round wish list is short.  

Watson

Moore

McBride

If we can trade back a little, pick up a 4 and still get one, even better.   

My 3rd round wish list for WR would have Tolbert, Shakir and Pierce….  TE’s would include Otton, and Ruckert.   I want a Big Y who can block.  If we can wait and get one in R4 or R5 — fine. 

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

On Friday….    My 2nd round wish list is short.  

Watson

Moore

McBride

If we can trade back a little, pick up a 4 and still get one, even better.   

My 3rd round wish list for WR would have Tolbert, Shakir and Pierce….  TE’s would include Otton, and Ruckert.   I want a Big Y who can block.  If we can wait and get one in R4 or R5 — fine. 

Get the WR in the 2nd. Trade down a little in the 3rd, pick up picks, and grab a TE

21 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

goes to show how little you know

Leonard is an All Pro

Okereke is in the final deal of his contract, has had great flashes on top of huge inconsistencies and he's regressed in coverage..

Speed and Franklin are special team aces with limited playing time in the field..

Archived