Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zyon Mccollum

I wont be surprised at all if the Colts have a strong grade on this guy despite the small school.

Big corner who moves well and plays under control.  Has a nose for making plays on the football.

13 Career Int  53 PBU

Very fast just like Isaiah Rogers.  Runs 4.33

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/zyon-mccollum/32004d43-4349-6223-dfc9-cd33beb7fa6f

According to the Colts Draft Interest Tracker it says he felt his interview at the Combine with the Colts stood out the most.

If we don't get Woolen I won't be surprised at all if we wind up with Mccollum. 

He is the second freakiest CB in the draft after Woolen and he indeed fits a lot of the things Ballard seems to like. The only thing that makes me think he won't be an option for us is... he has short arms. Like... Shorter than any rotational CB Ballard has ever signed or drafted. But at the same time he's big and physical so... who knows? Maybe?!

3 minutes ago, stitches said:

He is the second freakiest CB in the draft after Woolen and he indeed fits a lot of the things Ballard seems to like. The only thing that makes me think he won't be an option for us is... he has short arms. Like... Shorter than any rotational CB Ballard has ever signed or drafted. But at the same time he's big and physical so... who knows? Maybe?!

Im not too worried about the arms because they spent a good deal of time talking and delving into him it appears.

I just think it probably effects what round they would slot him in.  I can't imagine missing out on a pretty solid player

because of his arms.  I think it just effects where they would consider drafting him. 

13 minutes ago, krunk said:

Im not too worried about the arms because they spent a good deal of time talking and delving into him it appears.

I just think it probably effects what round they would slot him in.  I can't imagine missing out on a pretty solid player

because of his arms.  I think it just effects where they would consider drafting him. 

Yeah, I have the same opinion. It probably doesn't eliminate him from the board but might make us not willing to pick him early... And players with this type of athleticism at the position don't really last long, so for practical purposes it might just mean he won't reach a round where we would be willing to draft him.

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yeah, I have the same opinion. It probably doesn't eliminate him from the board but might make us not willing to pick him early... And players with this type of athleticism at the position don't really last long, so for practical purposes it might just mean he won't reach a round where we would be willing to draft him.

Hopefully it doesn't knock him off too bad.  A lot of these corners arms are short in this draft.

I think his height and his speed is something you could use to overlook the arm issue. 

6 hours ago, krunk said:

A lot of these corners arms are short in this draft.

That's something I've noticed with this draft class. I keep seeing CBs that I like on film, then I look and they all have (by CB's standards) short arms.

Archived