Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Random draft predictions before we pick

On or before 28 Apr (Round 1), I predict:

- QB Murray is traded to the Panthers for two #1s and he disappoints, putting the Panther hopes for a SB on hold for years 

- WR Samuel is traded to the Jets or Falcons (despite Rodgers begging GB to get him) and Samuel languishes on a pathetic team 

- Pickett, not Willis, it the first QB taken as the draftniks discover what the GMs knew all along: Willis is lacking in his decisions, pocket presence, and accuracy...which kinda matters in the NFL 

- Nobody moves up to get a QB 

- No RBs are taken Round 1 (not much of a prediction really, as this is expected...) 

- GB does not take a WR Round 1 and Rodgers' head explodes

• Like 2

I'll play a bit

3 QBs drafted in the top 11 picks

Treylon Burks falls out of the 1st round

Trevon Walker goes no1 overall

David Bell falls to day 3 (starting to lean this way)

Matt Ariaza goes in round 4 (a team take a shot on him)

Three RBs go in top 50 picks (Hall, Walker, Spiller)

No TEs go in the 1st 50 picks

Finally a Colts prediction: Colts trade down and grab Sam Howell in round 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'll play a bit

3 QBs drafted in the top 11 picks

Treylon Burks falls out of the 1st round

David Bell falls to day 3 (starting to lean this way)

Matt Ariaza goes in round 4 (a team take a shot on him)

Three RBs go in top 50 picks (Hall, Walker, Spiller)

No TEs go in the 1st 50 picks

Agree with all these until the final one….yuck.

• Like 1

Off the wall predictions:

Baker Mayfield will get traded to Seattle for a couple of picks. He may play ok with Pete Carroll.

Deebo Samuel will get traded to the Jets for a couple of picks, he is about money. Jets have the money.

Jarvis Landry rejoins the Browns, he knows Watson is there.

Colts draft a WR in Round 2.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 8:15 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

IMO this is extremely - extremely - unlikely

And there is no way this is happening, at least I hope not. First off he won't make it that far, secondly it would be stupid in light of having Ryan and needing to give him every chance to succeed. 

2 hours ago, jonjon said:

IMO this is extremely - extremely - unlikely

And there is no way this is happening, at least I hope not. First off he won't make it that far, secondly it would be stupid in light of having Ryan and needing to give him every chance to succeed. 

Here's a little article on Trevon Walker. He definitely has a chance to go no1.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2022-nfl-draft-prospective-no-1-overall-pick-travon-walker-discusses-strengths-nfl-comparisons-and-more/

As far as the Sam Howell thing goes, it is a bit unlikely, but I believe there's a good chance he'll fall to us, and we did visit with him.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2022/04/12/indianapolis-colts-sam-howell-visit-nfl-draft-2022/

Not guaranteeing I'll be right on either prediction, but I do have evidence to back them up.

? Your article doesn't back up Walker going #1. Just about every site I see now had Hutchinson as #1. Sure, anything is possible, but the odds of the Jags not taking Hutchinson are remote.

And if we take Howell I will be SO PO'd. Utterly stupid move. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jonjon said:

? Your article doesn't back up Walker going #1. Just about every site I see now had Hutchinson as #1. Sure, anything is possible, but the odds of the Jags not taking Hutchinson are remote.

And if we take Howell I will be SO PO'd. Utterly stupid move. 

Here's one article that suggests that the Jags may take Walker over Hutchinson.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-draft-insider-notes-the-surprising-no-1-pick-some-gms-expect-why-two-qbs-will-go-top-10-and-more/

The NFL Draft is now less than two weeks away, and there is no clear consensus first overall pick. And certain scenarios that may have seemed unusual or extreme early in this process, to those actually involved in it, just may come to be rote by the time the Jacksonville Jaguars actually make their initial selection.

"That's a complicated way of saying that Michigan pass rusher Aidan Hutchinson, who many would have penciled in with this pick weeks or months ago, might not be the guy for the Jags. And Georgia pass rusher Travon Walker, who blew up the combine with ridiculous athletic feats but who doesn't necessarily have the game film to back it up, just may end up being the first name called. At this point, to the evaluators I spoke with this week who are preparing to make picks, neither scenario would be shocking."

That's a paragraph in the article.

I've been seeing more and more people put Trevon Walker no. 1 in the draft. This would be a bit of a surprise , but he is indeed a total athletic freak. If they think the Georgia scheme was limiting him and he has much more in the bag as a pass rusher I can see the rationale, but I personally wouldn't have the guts to take him no. 1.

Here are my bold predictions for the draft:

- Colts pick WR on day 3 not day 2. Velus Jones Jr., Romeo Doubs ... Someone like that.

- Colts pick a TE and secondary on day 2.

- Colts pick a RB in the draft

- no LT

Some bold predictions for the draft in general:

- 3QBs in R1, a team trades up in top 5 for QB

- 6 WRs in R1

- Kyle Hamilton drops out of top 10

- Georgia gets 5 players in R1

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Here's one article that suggests that the Jags may take Walker over Hutchinson.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2022-nfl-draft-insider-notes-the-surprising-no-1-pick-some-gms-expect-why-two-qbs-will-go-top-10-and-more/

The NFL Draft is now less than two weeks away, and there is no clear consensus first overall pick.

Just 4 days out! :) 

I agree that Hutchinson is not a lock to go #1, but I think it's pretty close. The Jags will go with proven production vs upside/stats, which IMO is the smart thing to do. 

• Like 1