Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

tvturner's April Mock

Ballard's gonna make one if not two trades

Pitt moves up for a QB and GB gets in on the WRs of R3

P42, P216 to PIT for P52 and P84 (483 for 550)

P84 to GB for P92 and P140 (170 for 168)

Round 2: No. 49: Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati

Pierce has quickly become one of my favorite prospects. He's one of the best vertical threats coming out of college and with his size it's that much easier for him

He can stack DBs very quickly, overpower defenders due to his size, his vertical is fantastic, and he's got true burner speed.

He's a perfect slide in option at the Z opposite Pittman and he's only going to get better when he adds strength and physicality to his game

Round 3: No. 73: Greg Dulcich TE UCLA

He's huge at 6'4', 240 and he's much faster than he should be at that size. His ability to maximize YAC is great and he's got versatility in splitting seams, working vertical routes, and cutting underneath for shorter gains. Blocking is where he needs his biggest improvement at but the receiving aspect of Dulcich is too good to pass up.

Round 3: No. 92: Jalyn Armour-Davis CB Alabama

Davis has the specimen body you'd want from a corner, from height, length, to wingspan. He's only a one year starter at Bama, but he has the potential to be one of the best corners from the class with proper development. He's fast and can stick with the receivers you throw at him, he's absolutely excellent in press/man coverages and he'd fit Bradley's defense perfectly. Adding him to a room of Moore, Gilmore, and Rodgers, it'd make our corner group one of the biggest strengths on the team. Fluidity at the position, tackle angles, and pre snap recognition can all be worked on.

Round 4: No. 122: Zach Tom OT Wake Forest 

Two year starter at LT for Wake, he was very impressive although lacking the prototypical tackle size and length. He's a great athlete who is going to thrive by being more of a finesse left tackle than a dominate pancaking guy. He's fluid with his movements, his lateral movement is smooth, and he's a great run blocker on top of it all. Pros are calling for a move back inside but I think he's a good enough athlete and with development, he can stick at LT for a few years. 

Round 4: No 140: Velus Jones Jr WR Tennessee

He's a great slot prospect with incredible returning production and ability to play on ST. He's very, very quick and he's great at finding soft spots in zones while also having the ability to take the top off the defense. Jones will probably be limited to straight slot on any NFL team but that's not a huge knock because he's very good at what he does at the position. He's still pretty raw and needs to expand his route tree.

Round 5: No 159: Darrian Beavers LB/EDGE Cincinnati 

A thumping, physical hybrid player who has very active hands when engaging and disengaging blockers. He's a great blitzer with a good pre snap processor and ability to get to the ballcarrier. He's not the best athlete, nor is he a fantastic coverage guy, but he'll thrive as a blitzing boomstick whose job is to get to the ball.

Round 5: No 179: Thomas Booker IDL Stanford

Booker is going to thrive in a defensive that lets him play to his strengths at the snap of the ball. He's incredibly explosive, quick, and knows which gaps to shoot off the bat. He's got a powerful punch and a good anchor on his lower half. Productivity over four years at Stanford wasn't great, his sack production is low, double teams kill him, and he's gotta add more counter moves to his arsenal. He'd be a great project to try to development, ala Grover Stewart.

Round 7: No. 239: Doug Kramer IOL Illinois

Kramer's going to be strictly a depth addition who could fill in via injury if needed. He's a smart player who will play hard until the end but he's not without struggles. Powerful DTs will blast him off platform, has history of whiffing blocks, and hand usage is poor. 

Let me know your thoughts!

I like the trades, could be realistic. (You never know with mocks). I’d prefer either Jelani Woods (6’7”, 255lbs, ran 4.61 40) or my man crush, Tre McBride (had at least 6 receptions/gm last season, projects as a move TE - could be our best TE since Dallas Clark! IMO) as TE. 

Not sure if I’d pick 2 WRs, if so, not fan of Velus, but otherwise I like the rest. Good job. 

I like it. Two explosive playmakers for the offense right off the back is a slam dunk. I also really like Davis but his arm length (30 inches) doesn’t meet the Ballard threshold. Maybe swap him with Alontae Taylor in that spot? I like everything else though.

Archived