Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 one and only mock draft

I know I know. I'm a hypocrite. I'm only doing one.

2. Nick Petit-Frere OT Ohio State - imo, the colts biggest weakness is LT. I know a lot of people will say WR or TE, but atleast at those positions there is some talent while at LT it's basically just Matt Pryor. Petit-Frere mostly played RT which is why he's not projected as high as other Ts, but he did play LT his final year and held his own. I think he needs time, but can still compete with Pryor.

3. Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati - Colts have worked him out recently along with Ridder. Could be a stretch with how many WRs will be drafted, but size, speed, and catch radius is incredible.

4. Jeremy Ruckert TE Ohio State - we know Ballard loves his buckeyes. Ruckert when used in the passing game in Ohio State was actually pretty productive, unfortunately he wasn't always featured. I don't know if he'll last this long, but it would be a great pickup.

5. Tyquan Thornton WR Baylor

Thornton has the size and speed, but not exactly the consistent productivity, but you can't teach 6 2 4.3 speed. 

5. Kellen Diesch OT Arizona State

Had a solid college career, but needs to get bigger and stronger to play at the next level. He can be a good development project.

6. Tyler Alligeier RB BYU

Local kid who has been productive and tough, unfortunately his lack of speed and playmaking ability hurts his draft stock. Could help spell Taylor though to not overwork him.

7. Isaiah Chambers Edge Mcnesse State

Yea Ive never heard of that school neither, but it's the typical type of player Ballard's scouts find out of no where. 

There you go. Go ahead and rip it apart.

52 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

I really like Pierce, Ruckert and Diesch where u got them.  I’ve heard of a lot of up and down tape on Petit-Frere. 

I think there's upside, but work needs to be done. He can challenge Pryor imo

13 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I just don’t understand all the love for Pierce from Cincy. He does not get separation and will struggle at the pro level. This is what we already have issues with so why grab a guy to further the issue. 

6 3 215 pounds, you don't really need to get much separation to make an impact. Also Ryan is a touch passer so it's really easy for him to place the ball for his WR to make a play.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

I know I know. I'm a hypocrite. I'm only doing one.

2. Nick Petit-Frere OT Ohio State - imo, the colts biggest weakness is LT. I know a lot of people will say WR or TE, but atleast at those positions there is some talent while at LT it's basically just Matt Pryor. Petit-Frere mostly played RT which is why he's not projected as high as other Ts, but he did play LT his final year and held his own. I think he needs time, but can still compete with Pryor.

3. Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati - Colts have worked him out recently along with Ridder. Could be a stretch with how many WRs will be drafted, but size, speed, and catch radius is incredible.

4. Jeremy Ruckert TE Ohio State - we know Ballard loves his buckeyes. Ruckert when used in the passing game in Ohio State was actually pretty productive, unfortunately he wasn't always featured. I don't know if he'll last this long, but it would be a great pickup.

5. Tyquan Thornton WR Baylor

Thornton has the size and speed, but not exactly the consistent productivity, but you can't teach 6 2 4.3 speed. 

5. Kellen Diesch OT Arizona State

Had a solid college career, but needs to get bigger and stronger to play at the next level. He can be a good development project.

6. Tyler Alligeier RB BYU

Local kid who has been productive and tough, unfortunately his lack of speed and playmaking ability hurts his draft stock. Could help spell Taylor though to not overwork him.

7. Isaiah Chambers Edge Mcnesse State

Yea Ive never heard of that school neither, but it's the typical type of player Ballard's scouts find out of no where. 

There you go. Go ahead and rip it apart.

For what it’s worth….  To the idea that Ballard loves his Buckeyes….   I think that’s another myth.    Currently we have two on the roster. 

Campbell and Lewis.    That’s it.   Two. 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

For what it’s worth….  To the idea that Ballard loves his Buckeyes….   I think that’s another myth.    Currently we have two on the roster. 

Campbell and Lewis.    That’s it.   Two. 

Well he did also draft Hooker. That was three high picks within three years.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

6 3 215 pounds, you don't really need to get much separation to make an impact. Also Ryan is a touch passer so it's really easy for him to place the ball for his WR to make a play.

Size does not immediately make him an NFL talent. Terrible thought. Ravens just cut a 6’4” 220 guy. Because he struggled. We currently have a 6’5” guy with speed in Strachan. So he should be great by your logic, yes?

Just now, DaColts85 said:

Size does not immediately make him an NFL talent. Terrible thought. Ravens just cut a 6’4” 220 guy. Because he struggled. We currently have a 6’5” guy with speed in Strachan. So he should be great by your logic, yes?

I'm saying it's part of his game. Lamar isn't exactly known for making his WRs excel. It's run, Mark Andrews, run, Mark Andrews, run, sprinkle in Brown.

7 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Well he did also draft Hooker. That was three high picks within three years.

And any since 2018?   None that I’m aware of. 

None were drafted inappropriately.   We didn’t reach for anyone.   

By the way, as to your OT pick….  I think he’s roughly mocked about 55-85...  give or take.  So if we take him with our first pick, I’d hope we’d trade back and collect more picks.  

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And any since 2018?   None that I’m aware of. 

None were drafted inappropriately.   We didn’t reach for anyone.   

By the way, as to your OT pick….  I think he’s roughly mocked about 55-85...  give or take.  So if we take him with our first pick, I’d hope we’d trade back and collect more picks.  

Do you just enjoy nitpicking my posts? Fine Ballard has picked three Ohio State players and none since 2019. Better?

39 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Do you just enjoy nitpicking my posts? Fine Ballard has picked three Ohio State players and none since 2019. Better?

No, I don’t enjoy nitpicking your posts, or anyone else’s posts for that matter.   

But I hate falsehoods that live here on this site simply because no one bothers to push back.    Literally on this draft page is a thread about trying to imagine that Ballard would actually use a second round draft pick on a wide receiver.   No one said a word.   I had to point out that we don’t have to imagine it.  That Ballard has actually done it — twice.   2019 for Campbell and 2020 for Pittman.   That kind of falsehood happens all the time on this site.   I try to get basic facts correct.  Then an honest discussion is far more likely….

Im sorry to have upset you.  Not my intention.  And I’m sure you’ve noticed, I do this with other posters, it’s not specific to you. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No, I don’t enjoy nitpicking your posts, or anyone else’s posts for that matter.   

But I hate falsehoods that live here on this site simply because no one bothers to push back.    Literally on this draft page is a thread about trying to imagine that Ballard would actually use a second round draft pick on a wide receiver.   No one said a word.   I had to point out that we don’t have to imagine it.  That Ballard has actually done it — twice.   2019 for Campbell and 2020 for Pittman.   That kind of falsehood happens all the time on this site.   I try to get basic facts correct.  Then an honest discussion is far more likely….

Im sorry to have upset you.  Not my intention.  And I’m sure you’ve noticed, I do this with other posters, it’s not specific to you. 

It's fine. Just having a bad day so I did this mock to distract myself.

6 hours ago, CR91 said:

I'm saying it's part of his game. Lamar isn't exactly known for making his WRs excel. It's run, Mark Andrews, run, Mark Andrews, run, sprinkle in Brown.

Regardless of Lamar, Pierce to me is very blah. A guy that will easily be blanketed during games. Just my opinion obviously. I have just seen many mock him or talk about him for us in the 3rd and I don’t see it. I digress. 

5 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Regardless of Lamar, Pierce to me is very blah. A guy that will easily be blanketed during games. Just my opinion obviously. I have just seen many mock him or talk about him for us in the 3rd and I don’t see it. I digress. 

I agree with your take on Pierce. I don't see him offering anything that we don't already get from Patmon or Strachan. We don't need more of the exact same. We need someone like Jahan Dotson (one of my favorites) or Skyy Moore that are really adept at creating separation.

54 minutes ago, Shive said:

I agree with your take on Pierce. I don't see him offering anything that we don't already get from Patmon or Strachan. We don't need more of the exact same. We need someone like Jahan Dotson (one of my favorites) or Skyy Moore that are really adept at creating separation.

Yes. TY was great when young and healthy. We need that again. Dotson and Moore are perfect. Dotson seems to be seen as a late first rounder though. Moore should be available. 

I think this is a good mock, based upon the premise that LT is our most important need.  And drafting that need at the earliest possible pick.

DraftTek's player ranking has Petit-Frere still available when we pick in the 3rd, so it may be possible to get a better WR than Pierce at 2, and still get your targeted LT at 3.

But if he's the guy you want, then take him.

8 hours ago, tvturner said:

Alec Pierce is not making it to the 3rd round

Not of a fan of Frere, I think he's a very average athlete who is going to get dominated by top tier EDGE guys in the NFL

It's where most mocks have him so I put him there. I did say it would be a stretch though. Frere as I mentioned needs time to develop, but I feel like the value is worth it. Also he wouldn't need to start right away unless Pryor just completely sucks.

12 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

I think this is a good mock, based upon the premise that LT is our most important need.  And drafting that need at the earliest possible pick.

DraftTek's player ranking has Petit-Frere still available when we pick in the 3rd, so it may be possible to get a better WR than Pierce at 2, and still get your targeted LT at 3.

But if he's the guy you want, then take him.

I've seen conflicting reports that has him going top 50 and others later so I thought 42 was a good spot, but I'm sure a trade back would work too.

13 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Yes. TY was great when young and healthy. We need that again. Dotson and Moore are perfect. Dotson seems to be seen as a late first rounder though. Moore should be available. 

14 hours ago, Shive said:

Well we have Dulin, Campbell, and Hines to stretch the field. Only big man we have that has game experience is Pittman.

12 hours ago, CR91 said:

Well we have Dulin, Campbell, and Hines to stretch the field. Only big man we have that has game experience is Pittman.

Patmon and Strachan already have more game experience than Pierce. I don't think he helps us.

1 hour ago, Shive said:

Patmon and Strachan already have more game experience than Pierce. I don't think he helps us.

And the two combined have four career receptions. I'm just saying it would help to have a productive big outside of just Pitt

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

And the two combined have four career receptions. I'm just saying it would help to have a productive big outside of just Pitt

And Pierce has zero career receptions. Patmon's college production was roughly the same as Pierce as well, with a worse QB. You seem to be making the assumption that Pierce could walk in and provide the exact production he had in college but the guys on our roster than have a year or 2 of NFL experience under their belt, one of which has very similar physical attributes and strengths/weaknesses, can't. 

1 hour ago, Shive said:

And Pierce has zero career receptions. Patmon's college production was roughly the same as Pierce as well, with a worse QB. You seem to be making the assumption that Pierce could walk in and provide the exact production he had in college but the guys on our roster than have a year or 2 of NFL experience under their belt, one of which has very similar physical attributes and strengths/weaknesses, can't. 

You do realize you're trying to make an argument over sixth and seventh round picks when Pierce is projected to go second or third.

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

You do realize you're trying to make an argument over sixth and seventh round picks when Pierce is projected to go second or third.

I get that Pierce is a better prospect coming out than Patmon was, but Patmon now has 2 years under his belt working with much better coaching.

I'm just saying that we have 3 Xs on the roster, with Pittman starting. Drafting Piece gives us yet another X, which isn't what this offense needs. We need a Z or slot.

We're all going to have the guys we like and Pierce just isn't one of those guys for me. He's not a bad WR by any means, but I just don't like him for our roster. It seems redundant and I think bringing in a different skillset at WR would be more impactful.

47 minutes ago, Shive said:

I get that Pierce is a better prospect coming out than Patmon was, but Patmon now has 2 years under his belt working with much better coaching.

I'm just saying that we have 3 Xs on the roster, with Pittman starting. Drafting Piece gives us yet another X, which isn't what this offense needs. We need a Z or slot.

We're all going to have the guys we like and Pierce just isn't one of those guys for me. He's not a bad WR by any means, but I just don't like him for our roster. It seems redundant and I think bringing in a different skillset at WR would be more impactful.

Understandable. I'm just not a fan of the idea putting faith in late round picks if anything were to happen to Pitt.

Archived