Michigan - 1-4

Birmingham - 5-0

Sun. noon - FS1

Pittsburgh - 1-4

New Orleans - 3-2

Sun. 4 pm - FOX

Houston 1-4

New Jersey 4-1

If the favorites win there will be lots of separation between the top 4 teams and the bottom 4 teams.  With the top 2 teams in each division making the playoffs, it could really hurt Tampa Bay becuse they are currently 3rd in their division.  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow there were some great games this weekend!  You know the final game will be played in Canton, OH July 3.  I don't have the time right now but some of the kickers might get a job in the NFL and possibly a few WR's.  More to come.....!!  Really enjoyed the games!

alliance of american football yes GIF by Birmingham Iron

Said all along many made mistakes in this draft with Patterson selected as the 1st pick and Sloter as the last starting QB picked, should have been reversed and not sure what many were thinking honestly. NOW Patterson gets cut by Michigan and signed by New Orleans to be Sloter's backup.....

Kyle Lauletta  Pitt's starting QB to start the season was also cut and picked up to be N.J.'s 3rd string QB.

Why was Patterson not dressed this past game?  He was on the sidelines telling the coach about Michigan's play book!  I loved seeing the one game that went into O/T.  NFL should go with their O/T rules.

The Birmingham Stallions are undefeated and makes you wonder with them having the "home field" advantage!  I know they are a very good team.  I saw bits and parts of this weekends' games but I do have them dvd'd if I want to watch later.  They sure fill the void of football.  I like it!

6 hours ago, Nancy said:

The Birmingham Stallions are undefeated and makes you wonder with them having the "home field" advantage!  I know they are a very good team.  I saw bits and parts of this weekends' games but I do have them dvd'd if I want to watch later.  They sure fill the void of football.  I like it!

Birmingham's fg to win the game yesterday sure looked no good even players reacted to it being a miss, no chip in the kicking balls to tell if it was 50% or more above that upright. Both D's looked very solid final 4 of Brim,Phill,NJ and likely New Orleans. Any of the 4 could win it at this point.

18 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Birmingham's fg to win the game yesterday sure looked no good even players reacted to it being a miss, no chip in the kicking balls to tell if it was 50% or more above that upright. Both D's looked very solid final 4 of Brim,Phill,NJ and likely New Orleans. Any of the 4 could win it at this point.

I gotta watch that game for sure!  Yes I like New Orleans team also!

4 hours ago, Nancy said:

I gotta watch that game for sure!  Yes I like New Orleans team also!

New Orleans has a big game against Tampa Bay at Sunday at 4pm (on FOX).  They are 2nd and 3rd in the division (only the top 2 of each division make the playoffs).  No is 5-3 and TB is 4-4.  I'm looking forward to this one.  

11 hours ago, Myles said:

New Orleans has a big game against Tampa Bay at Sunday at 4pm (on FOX).  They are 2nd and 3rd in the division (only the top 2 of each division make the playoffs).  No is 5-3 and TB is 4-4.  I'm looking forward to this one.  

Most important game of the year to date.

Some good games this weekend and also with some crazy plays and surprises for teams that have only won 1 game!  The game today with the Philly Stars and the  Pittsburgh Maulers, Isiah Hennie (Pitt) got a big hit on him almost borderline on his head.... and when he got back over to the sidelines he spit out a tooth and said it knocked out his wisdom tooth in pieces!  The sound of that hit was loud.  Don't want to spoil the outcome of this game if you are going to watch it.  Some dumb stuff by the coaches towards the end of the game.   Some of the kickers this weekend were weak.  Going to be interesting since there are so many ups and downs plus seems like the QB's are hot and cold.

But overall I had a good time watching them!  I will say 1 team did not go undefeated for the season now.

Birmingham and New Orleans identical records with a split if Stallions 'made' fg at end of regulation was correctly ruled no good (Announcers even touched on it during Breakers game) so fitting they get the rematch in 2 weeks to see who advances to the finale. 

Stars looked flat so them and Generals in that semis should be very tight as have most games all season.

Playoffs are set, however there is 1 more week in the season before the playoffs start.  

The Breakers will be the No. 2 seed in the South, joining Birmingham, which earned the No. 1 seed by virtue of its 8-1 record. In the North, top-seeded New Jersey joins No. 2 seed Philadelphia.

The playoffs, which will be held at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton, Ohio, begin with the semifinals on Saturday, June 25. The USFL has not yet announced which teams will play in which TV slot, but here is the schedule:

Semifinal 1: 3 p.m. ET on FOX.

Semifinal 2: 8 p.m. ET on NBC.

The winners will then play in the USFL Championship Game on Sunday, July 3 at 7:30 p.m. ET on FOX. 

North matchup: No. 1 New Jersey Generals vs. No. 2 Philadelphia Stars

Records: Generals, 8-1; Stars, 6-3.

Current streak: Generals, W8; Stars, W4.

Head-to-head: The Generals beat the Stars 24-16 in Week 3. The teams meet again in Week 10, one week before their semifinal matchup.

Points for/against: Generals, 206-159; Stars, 239-217.

Leading passer: Generals, Luis Perez (1,062 yards on 71% completions, six touchdowns, one interception); Stars, Case Cookus (1,090 yards on 63.4%, 10 TDs, four INTs).

Leading rusher: Generals, Darius Victor (543 yards, 4.5 yards per carry, nine TDs); Stars, Matthew Colburn (418 yards, 4.5 YPC, seven TDs).

Leading receiver: Generals, KaVontae Turpin (472 yards, 12.1 yards per reception, four TDs); Stars, Jordan Suell (339 yards, 10.9 YPR, two TDs).

Leading tackler: Generals, Dravon Askew-Henry, S (36 tackles, two INTs); Stars, Jordan Moore, LB (51 tackles, four tackles for loss, two sacks).

Other notables: Turpin is not only a dangerous receiver but also difficult to corral on kick returns. He is second in the league in punt return average (15.3) and is the only player to return one for a touchdown this season. … Victor (nine) and Colburn (seven) have scored the most rushing touchdowns in the league. … Cookus has compiled his passing numbers in only five starts. He started the season as Philly's backup behind Bryan Scott, taking over the job after Scott was injured. … Philly DB Channing Stribling leads the league in interceptions (seven).

South matchup: No. 1 Birmingham Stallions vs. No. 2 New Orleans Breakers

Records: Stallions, 8-1; Breakers 6-3.

Current streak: Stallions, L1; Breakers, W1.

Head-to-head: The Stallions swept the season series with the Breakers, winning 22-13 in Week 3 and 10-9 in Week 8.

Points for/against: Stallions, 213-151; Breakers, 193-144.

Leading passer: Stallions, J'Mar Smith (1,501 yards on 55.4% completions, 10 TDs, five INTs); Breakers, Kyle Sloter (1,798 yards on 57.7% completions, nine TDs, 11 INTs).

Leading rusher: Stallions, CJ Marable (354 yards, 3.8 YPC, four TDs); Breakers, Jordan Ellis (564 yards, 4.0 YPC, four TDs).

Leading receiver: Stallions, Marlon Williams (444 yards, 15.3 YPR, three TDs); Breakers, Jonathan Adams (398 yards, 13.3 YPR, three TDs).

Leading tackler: Stallions, DeMarquis Gates, LB (57 total tackles, 10 TFL, 5.5 sacks); Breakers, Vontae Diggs, LB (66 total tackles, five TFL, two sacks).

Other notables: Sloter has shown a knack for making clutch plays and his passing total is tops in the league, but his 11 interceptions are also tied for the most in the league. … Marable's rushing numbers have taken a hit since the Stallions signed Bo Scarbrough midseason. Scarbrough has rushed for 314 yards in five games (four starts). … Gates leads the league in tackles for loss, with 10.

• 2 weeks later...

Picking Breakers over Birmingham and N.J. over Philly.

Breakers and Stallions pretty much split games (Watched the controversial last second FG again by Birmingham, it was in fact wide and no good and they couldnt prevent victory formation to run out the game). Breakers rested Sloter last weak to help his injuries and their D is the best in the league.

Generals and Stars pretty much a pick em. Leaning N.J. as Stars D has been shaky on a few occasions and that could be the difference.

On 6/23/2022 at 8:44 AM, holeymoley99 said:

Breakers and Stallions pretty much split games (Watched the controversial last second FG again by Birmingham, it was in fact wide and no good and they couldnt prevent victory formation to run out the game). Breakers rested Sloter last weak to help his injuries and their D is the best in the league.

Generals and Stars pretty much a pick em. Leaning N.J. as Stars D has been shaky on a few occasions and that could be the difference.

I agree with all you said. 

New Orleans is the only team I'm rooting for this weekend. 

2 playoff football games tomorrow.   It's supposed to be great weather where I am at so I hope I can find time to watch them.  I have lots of things I should be doing outside.    

On 6/23/2022 at 8:44 AM, holeymoley99 said:

Stars D made the plays and forced turnovers, line was way too high at 5.5 I had it a pickem and it came down to last drive between 2 even squads. 

6 hours ago, Nancy said:

It's Philly and Birmingham in the final game!  I'm rooting for the Stallions!

Those were some good games last weekend!

Should be close,Philly suffered some injuries vs NJ the health of those players could be key. Hopefully a decent sized crowd for the finale. It has been announced a 2nd season is coming BUT only using 2-4 cities not all 8.....

I wonder what new cities will be involved?  Only 2-4 teams?  Or playing in 2-4 cities?? @holeymoley99

I was totally entertained by the USFL! Well the final game is in Canton so hopefully they'll have some fans there.  I think it was like $120 for tickets...seems high since they were only charging $10 to get into a game!

We definately will see some of these guys in the NFL.

4 hours ago, Nancy said:

I wonder what new cities will be involved?  Only 2-4 teams?  Or playing in 2-4 cities?? @holeymoley99

I was totally entertained by the USFL! Well the final game is in Canton so hopefully they'll have some fans there.  I think it was like $120 for tickets...seems high since they were only charging $10 to get into a game!

yep, several will make NFL teams but I don't think we'll see any be stars.

6 hours ago, Nancy said:

https://www.al.com/sports/2022/06/usfl-wont-play-all-its-games-in-birmingham-in-2023.html

8 teams but only using 2-4 cities, I would guess 4 with each getting two clubs.

3 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

https://www.al.com/sports/2022/06/usfl-wont-play-all-its-games-in-birmingham-in-2023.html

8 teams but only using 2-4 cities, I would guess 4 with each getting two clubs.

It'll be the same 8 teams with the possibility of a couple new teams joining.   They will play at only 2-4 stadiums.   Not too different from this season.   

10 hours ago, Myles said:

It'll be the same 8 teams with the possibility of a couple new teams joining.   They will play at only 2-4 stadiums.   Not too different from this season.   

I expect the same 8 with Tampa being used and possibly Pitt and New orleans

Congrats to the Birmingham Stallions on the win over the Philly Stars ---- 33-30.  I really thought the Stars had the momentum in the second half but with both starting QB's going out and the other QB's coming in kind of changed the Stars progress.  Throwing 2 interceptions (Stars) didn't help.  Stallions kicker was awful, that alone almost was going to cost them the game.  Alex McGhou came thru for the Stallions in the last 2 possessions.  I thought it was very well done and a good game to watch.

On 7/4/2022 at 12:04 AM, Nancy said:

Congrats to the Birmingham Stallions on the win over the Philly Stars ---- 33-30.  I really thought the Stars had the momentum in the second half but with both starting QB's going out and the other QB's coming in kind of changed the Stars progress.  Throwing 2 interceptions (Stars) didn't help.  Stallions kicker was awful, that alone almost was going to cost them the game.  Alex McGhou came thru for the Stallions in the last 2 possessions.  I thought it was very well done and a good game to watch.

It was a good game.   From start to finish, the season was impressive.  

5 hours ago, Nancy said:

Can't believe there wasn't more interest in it than just a few of us!!  If they didn't catch it, their loss!

I agree.   I am already looking forward to next season.   It was a very well run league.  

• 2 weeks later...

USFL players signed to date

1)Christian Sam-LB-New Orleans- Cowboys

2)Isaish Zuber-WR-Houston- Raiders

3)Ike Brown-CB-New Orleans-Raiders

4)Jeremiah Pharm-DL-Pitt-Patriots

5)Doug Costin-DL-Birm-Steelers

6)Channing Stribling-CB-Philly-Commanders

7)DeJuan Neal-CB-N.J.-Commanders

8)Sal Cannella-TE-New Orleans-Packers

13 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

USFL players signed to date

Thanks for posting this.   8 so far is pretty good.   I would think a few more will follow.  There were a couple good kickers and there are always teams in need of a kicker.   Those might be in season though.

8 hours ago, Myles said:

Thanks for posting this.   8 so far is pretty good.   I would think a few more will follow.  There were a couple good kickers and there are always teams in need of a kicker.   Those might be in season though.

I would guess a few rbs (Darius Victor,Reggie Corbin, Jordan Ellis) would be signed for depth purposes,usually we see kickers from the spring leagues show up in camps but these kickers struggled more then most with accuracy issues (Some was the chip in the ball but even when it was removed struggles continued it seems).  Kyle Sloter should be in some camp fighting for a 3rd string QB spot at some point.

Victor Boldin WR the title game MVP for Birmingham just signed with the Cardinals. As well be being a good receiver he is an excellent return man. He should make their squad as Andy Isabella is a draft bust and after Rondale Moore and Hollywood Brown they dont have much (AJ Green hanging on and Hopkins suspended by the league for half a season).

Carlo Kemp DT for the Maulers signed with the Chargers, he posted 5 sacks on the season with 51 tackles.

These signings bring the total up to 10 and I hear Clev may be signing a USFL WR very soon.

9)Victor Boldin-WR-Birm-Cardinals

10)Carlo Kemp-DT-Pitt-Chargers

11)Kyle Sloter QB-New Orleans - Jags..

12)Osirus Mitchell-WR-Bir-Packers

13)Tino Ellis-CB-Mich-Dolphins

14)Rashad Davis-WR-Tampa-Jets

15)Luis Perez-QB-NJ-Rams

16)Shakur Brown-DB-Pitt-Titans

17)Kavonte Turpin-WR-NJ-Cowboys

18)Bug Howard-TE-Philly- Bucaneers

Last 3 on this list just signed,Bug was in Indy camp back a few seasons.

Archived