Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My top 20 QB's heading into the 2022 season.

A lot of this is just opinion but here it goes:

1. Patrick Mahomes - I would still take him over anyone.

2. Aaron Rodgers - Basically 1b to Mahomes.

3. Tom Brady - Still at 3rd at his age, guy doesn't age!

4. Josh Allen - Ready to take the next step.

5. Russell Wilson - Off season last year, top 5 though.

6. Joe Burrow - Carried a team to the SB. Made a SB in season 2!

7. Deshaun Watson - Still top 7ish, he will get back to form.

8. Matt Stafford - SB champ, belongs in the top 8 but had a loaded team as well.

9. Justin Herbert - Up and coming, very good QB.

10. Lamar Jackson - He will have a bounce back season, top 10 material.

11. Dak Prescott - Solid good.

12. Matt Ryan - Hall of Famer, still has 2 good years left.

13. Derek Carr - Good

14. Jimmy G - Good. But they may roll with Trey Lance??

15. Kirk Cousins - Borderline good. Very good stats.

16. Ryan Tannehill - He is like Wentz, shaky when he has been put in big moments.

17. Carson Wentz - See Tannehill. Doubt he ever leads a team to a SB.

18. Kyler Murray - Great talent but very inconsistent.

19. Jameis Winston - Would be a tad higher but coming off injury.

20. Mac Jones - With BB's system he will be a above average, not a bad QB.

My darkhorse QB to have a much better season is Trevor Lawrence.

I have Matt Ryan at #12, thoughts?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

8. Matt Stafford - SB champ, belongs in the top 8 but had a loaded team as well.

13. Derek Carr - Good

16. Ryan Tannehill - He is like Wentz, shaky when he has been put in big moments.

You wrote at the top….

A lot of this is just opinion.    Isn’t ALL OF THIS opinion?    Which I’m 100% fine with….  I’m just saying….    It’s all opinion, and yes, that’s my opinion!    :thmup:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

13. Derek Carr - Good

I'd take Murray over Cousins. I would love to have Allen, Burrow and Herbert. 

12 seems right for Ryan.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You wrote at the top….

A lot of this is just opinion.    Isn’t ALL OF THIS opinion?    Which I’m 100% fine with….  I’m just saying….    It’s all opinion, and yes, that’s my opinion!    :thmup:

It is no different than NFL.com and other sites doing those lists of top 100 players. It is all opinion. No big deal. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It is no different than NFL.com and other sites doing those lists of top 100 players. It is all opinion. No big deal. 

Well….  I think the difference would be a fans opinion us going to be different from a players opinion or an executives opinion.   We see that here in our discussion threads every day.  

I was only trying to share with my friend CBE to embrace his opinion, and call it what it is, which is fine by me and I think most everyone else here.   We’re all sharing our opinions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well….  I think the difference would be a fans opinion us going to be different from a players opinion or an executives opinion.   We see that here in our discussion threads every day.  

I was only trying to share with my friend CBE to embrace his opinion, and call it what it is, which is fine by me and I think most everyone else here.   We’re all sharing our opinions.  

Yeah a lot of it is eye test so it is opinion. Every list made is opinion. I was just looking at all the QBs and I couldn't find 12 better than Matt Ryan which stood out. So I did a top 20. 

• Like 1

I agree with most of this… don’t really agree with how low Kyler is but I am not into stats enough to get into any back-and-forth about it.  Just my feeling. :dunno:

This actually makes me want to see how you rank the rest of the QB’s… the “lowers” haha (maybe one day if you are bored enough you will do it lol)