Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eric Allen Breakdown of Brandon Faycson

krunk

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Potentially better than Rock w bigger frame

RYS really figured it out last season.  Even when injured he still made plays.  Albeit RYS wouldn't have been a great match in the new defensive system, he learned from his mistakes early in his career and played great for us last year.  He'll be a very solid player for the Raiders in '22.  As a wrestling fan I'm a bit biased, since RYS was a beast in High School, but I see him trending way up over the next handful of years. 

I hope Faycson is worth the trade.  I'm personally not a huge fan of Cover 3.  If our pass rush does something we'll be fine.  RYS had a great season while every QB we faced was untouched 99% of the time.

6 hours ago, krunk said:

I like that Eric Allen did this breakdown. He knows a thing or two about CB play. In my day he was one of the best.

Bingo! I will trust our new DC and Eric Allen over every naysaying poster on this forum! 

The trade-off of RYS for Yannick & Facyson is a huge win for us!

On 4/9/2022 at 11:29 AM, Pat Curtis said:

RYS really figured it out last season.  Even when injured he still made plays.  Albeit RYS wouldn't have been a great match in the new defensive system, he learned from his mistakes early in his career and played great for us last year.  He'll be a very solid player for the Raiders in '22.  As a wrestling fan I'm a bit biased, since RYS was a beast in High School, but I see him trending way up over the next handful of years. 

I hope Faycson is worth the trade.  I'm personally not a huge fan of Cover 3.  If our pass rush does something we'll be fine.  RYS had a great season while every QB we faced was untouched 99% of the time.

I think Yannick will be worth the trade.. if he can give us 10+ sacks and help us develop Kwity and Dayo (and maybe Turay), I think the RYS trade will be well worth it.

Faycson will benefit from the improved pass rush. We got him on a cap friendly deal and we likely won't notice a major tradeoff btwn he and Rock.

I think we win the RYs for Yannick trade.  And adding Facyson as a free agent is a cherry on top. 

On 4/9/2022 at 7:22 PM, Four2itus said:

I like that Ballard has not only gotten some depth to replace guys leaving, but has done so by being financially responsible. 

Yeah, but he’s not a “name”!
 Ballard is playing chess but some fans (and media) don’t get it. 

On 4/11/2022 at 4:54 PM, coltsfeva said:

Yeah, but he’s not a “name”!
 Ballard is playing chess but some fans (and media) don’t get it. 

Yea, Thank God we have "Ballard the Gambit" and thank God you are here to "get it" when the rest of us fans, the media, and 31 other teams don't... 

What shade of lip stick will you be puckering up with today?

Never mind, I will know as soon as Ballard turns around and exposes his bumper bum.... :funny:

14 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Yea, Thank God we have "Ballard the Gambit" and thank God you are here to "get it" when the rest of us fans, the media, and 31 other teams don't... 

What shade of lip stick will you be puckering up with today?

Never mind, I will know as soon as Ballard turns around and exposes his bumper bum.... :funny:

You had to go there…..it’s not my fault that I have the ability to see Ballard is a pretty good GM. I think it’s obvious. Not perfect by any means but certainly above average.

There’s a lot of fans on this forum that feel the same way. There’s fans of other teams that wish they had a guy like Ballard.

3 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

You had to go there…..it’s not my fault that I have the ability to see Ballard is a pretty good GM. I think it’s obvious. Not perfect by any means but certainly above average.

There’s a lot of fans on this forum that feel the same way. There’s fans of other teams that wish they had a guy like Ballard.

Actually, there are a lot of us fans, and a few in the media and NFL circles that are starting to get the picture that Ballard might not be anything more than an overpaid glorified scout. 

I like the pieces we're adding to our defense, from DC Gus Bradley on down - he's coached good to great defenses everywhere he's been, and he's brining in guys who have played in his defense before, which will help the rest of our team get up to speed with his scheme.

Archived