Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Potential Trade Packages, Landing Spots for Seahawks Star DK Metcalf To The colts

The wide receiver market has been turned upside-down over the last month, with another superstar target possibly on the move. According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, league executives believe the Seattle Seahawks' DK Metcalf could be traded for "the right price," and the wide receiver "would welcome a change."

2 hours ago, fire cartier said:

The wide receiver market has been turned upside-down over the last month, with another superstar target possibly on the move. According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, league executives believe the Seattle Seahawks' DK Metcalf could be traded for "the right price," and the wide receiver "would welcome a change."

Over rated and a one tick pony

4 hours ago, Boondoggle said:

I think he's a classless jerk but he's got the kind of talent where he might dominate as he matures as a receiver.  Unbelievable talent but I wouldn't touch him.

Wouldn't touch him? Why not? What has he done/not done?

8 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

Respectfully

I dont see the Blue Haired guy in Conservative Indy

The draft is full of folks that can help the Colts at WR

If we take a swing, let it be at CB and FS

Most NFL players are liberal. If they worried about the states politics we'd never have a team.

Talented player, but the reality that we are now seeing is that WRs may be becoming the new RB position....i.e. while they are important, they are so super expensive and there are so many good ones coming out in every draft that can perform right away that you might be better off replacing them with a young pick than paying them mega money.

I think if you have a guy that is a sure-fire bonafide #1 and a top-10 WR then you pay him.

And he's gonna get $25M+ per year now with the Hopkins, Adams, Hill, Diggs market now pushing those new deals higher and higher.

I am not sure I want to pay Metcalf that.

AJ Brown I would. Not DK. Not McLaurin. Not Deebo. And all those guys would cost big draft capital plus a big deal.

So again, I think you go with a high draft pick and you hope you hit. 

Unless it is a home-grown guy and you are rewarding your own. 

Just my humble 2 cents

If Metcalf were to be available for a 7th Rd. Pick and insisted he wanted to be traded to Indy I doubt the colts would pull the trigger.... especially since he would want a expensive extension sooner or later.

It's a shame the colts passed on him in the draft, yeah I know plenty of other teams did too  but it would have been so much cooler to have him instead of Campbell.

Let's hope that we draft a WR in the early rounds of this upcoming draft. I have a feeling though, that Ballard may truly believe in his current receiving corps, which would be a huge mistake. Plus he still needs to address the lack of depth along the O-line, D-line, CBs, TE, and Safety positions.

He may end up drafting a WR in the 5th or 6th and bring in undrafted rookies to compete, ala Caine, Fountain, Patmon, (5th & 6th rounders, or Strachan (7th rounder). This has not been a good strategy so far as Pittman (2nd rounder) has been the only successful WR Ballard has drafted.

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

If Metcalf were to be available for a 7th Rd. Pick and insisted he wanted to be traded to Indy I doubt the colts would pull the trigger.... especially since he would want a expensive extension sooner or later.

It's a shame the colts passed on him in the draft, yeah I know plenty of other teams did too  but it would have been so much cooler to have him instead of Campbell.

It'll be sooner for the contract extension. 

I'm torn. I know the big concern is the contract, but that is the market. The Colts can sign him to a long term if they so wish. He's averaged 70 catches a year for 3 years and about 1k yards per season going into the prime of his career. 

The big question is the compensation. The team is obviously short a 1st rounder this season, if we're talking multiple picks this year then to me the answer is no. 

On 4/6/2022 at 9:21 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

During that draft I was almost screaming wth are these teams doing, he lasted way too long. His big knock was "he hasn't had a lot of production," but that's not all about him, football is a team sport. Regardless there is almost zero chance of this happening. He would cost too much one way or the other and Ballard seems to think he's in great shape with his WRs. If he was going to make a WR FA move, he'd have done it by now. I still wouldn't mind Landry on the team, but we need that "X" WR, a guy with speed (who can stay healthy).

On 4/5/2022 at 10:52 PM, MikeCurtis said:

Respectfully

You think hair dye precludes mutual interest in Indy?  Not that I think he'd love it here, but I seriously doubt anyone cares what color a guys hair is by the second or third TD.....

12 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

You think hair dye precludes mutual interest in Indy?  Not that I think he'd love it here, but I seriously doubt anyone cares what color a guys hair is by the second or third TD.....

You are probably right. I personally could care less if someone has purple or blue hair.  

My sister did purple a few decades ago for a year or so... My daughter di some funky colors when she was in middle school and high school

I bring the pictures out to tease her now :)

Im thinking from the players perspective..... Does he see Indy as a home.  It is more conservative than other parts of the country

Over all of that, I just dont think CB is going to go after a WR in trade.... its a need, but I just dont see him doing it...

We will see

On 4/5/2022 at 10:52 PM, MikeCurtis said:

Respectfully

LOL. Cosmetics has nothing to do with politics.

Not every bald person is a 'conservative' either. Not everyone with a combover haircut went to an Ivy League school.

53 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

You are probably right. I personally could care less if someone has purple or blue hair.  

My sister did purple a few decades ago for a year or so... My daughter di some funky colors when she was in middle school and high school

I bring the pictures out to tease her now :)

Im thinking from the players perspective..... Does he see Indy as a home.  It is more conservative than other parts of the country

Over all of that, I just dont think CB is going to go after a WR in trade.... its a need, but I just dont see him doing it...

We will see

Dude played football in Mississippi. I don’t think any state is like Mississippi 

On 4/5/2022 at 5:51 PM, fire cartier said:

Reportedly, the Jets offered the 10th overall pick for Metcalf and were turned down.   I don’t think the Colts have the assets to offer enough. 

On 4/6/2022 at 7:21 AM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

i would never pay Metcalf the money he wants. Hill is a game changer and more than just a WR.  Metcalf has only one season over 1000 yards. he is a lot of hype and I think his route tree is somewhat limited. He is extremely fast and big but poor hips.   There as so many young guys coming out of college, I dont know why teams pay 20+ million for a wr.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Reportedly, the Jets offered the 10th overall pick for Metcalf and were turned down.   I don’t think the Colts have the assets to offer enough. 

They don't have the assets and I think there are few teams that could fit him under the cap. The Jets can because they have a rookie  qb. He is probably going to want 25 million

On 4/6/2022 at 6:54 AM, TomDiggs said:

Talented player, but the reality that we are now seeing is that WRs may be becoming the new RB position....i.e. while they are important, they are so super expensive and there are so many good ones coming out in every draft that can perform right away that you might be better off replacing them with a young pick than paying them mega money.

I think if you have a guy that is a sure-fire bonafide #1 and a top-10 WR then you pay him.

And he's gonna get $25M+ per year now with the Hopkins, Adams, Hill, Diggs market now pushing those new deals higher and higher.

I am not sure I want to pay Metcalf that.

AJ Brown I would. Not DK. Not McLaurin. Not Deebo. And all those guys would cost big draft capital plus a big deal.

So again, I think you go with a high draft pick and you hope you hit. 

Unless it is a home-grown guy and you are rewarding your own. 

Just my humble 2 cents

I would maybe  pay Deebo mainly because he can be invovled in any play. He is a poor man's Hill. Metcalf is kind of limited in what he can do. He can stretch the field but he not the type of wr to run ten yards plant his feet and do a curl. I dont think he is good at running plays because he is more of a straight line guy and not a lot of wiggle in his hips.

On 4/6/2022 at 3:44 AM, Colt.45 said:

Wouldn't touch him? Why not? What has he done/not done?

I dont think there is a huge market for DK. Got to send a pick and then sign him to a huge contract. Not a lot of teams able to fit him under the cap. I also think that there are so many Wr's coming out and they  immediately seem to be able to transition to the NFL now a days. Wr's took about 3 years to mature  in the old days, but they are having immediate impact because of schemes being run in the NFL.

1 hour ago, Moosejawcolt said:

They don't have the assets and I think there are few teams that could fit him under the cap. The Jets can because they have a rookie  qb. He is probably going to want 25 million

Understood….  But the Jets have the picks and the cap space,  so they made the offer. 

And Seattle said no thanks.   I wasn’t expecting that.  

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Understood….  But the Jets have the picks and the cap space,  so they made the offer. 

And Seattle said no thanks.   I wasn’t expecting that.  

I think Seattle is just wanting Jets to sweeten the pot. I would never make that trade. I could get Williams at 10 from Alabama.  DK is kind of over rated I feel. He is a vertical threat but he is not in the same class as other elite receivers I feel

4 hours ago, tvturner said:

Metcalf and Samuel would both change this offense drastically

It's funny reading comments in both of the threads about them....

I think very few are arguing that either player isn’t good enough to help.  

I think the vast majority are simply saying the cost in draft picks plus large contract extension is just not worth it.  

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think very few are arguing that either player isn’t good enough to help.  

I think the vast majority are simply saying the cost in draft picks plus large contract extension is just not worth it.  

I've seen comments about politics, hair color, people saying he won't be a team changer, and that we're better to take rookies "that are like him"

Yes, he'll be expensive to acquire

Yes it's probably a 0% chance Indy gets him

Yes he's going to want to get paid but the market for every position is going up every year. He's well worth the money...

Archived