Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saints big trade with Eagles

RNGDShobby

1 hour ago, smittywerb said:

Eagles might be looking to grab a qb next year if hurts doesn’t pan out.  We should be doing the same.

Yes, very good trade for the Eagles. Saints, being in cap hell and not having picks benefited on that front while the Eagles did not want to waste a first rounder in a very weak QB class. 

Basically, the Eagles got a 2nd round pick in 2024 for they effort, and some minor pocket change. This has to be about next years QB crop, and the fact that this years players aren't really superstars for 1st round picks..

On 4/8/2022 at 2:47 PM, AwesomeAustin said:

I don’t understand why the Saints would do this. If it’s for a QB there is a tone of time and room for a team to trade in front of them. 

Probably playing cap games 

On 4/8/2022 at 11:47 AM, AwesomeAustin said:

I don’t understand why the Saints would do this. If it’s for a QB there is a tone of time and room for a team to trade in front of them. 

NFL people think the Saints did this to get more picks right now.   Apparently New Orleans thinks they’re better and closer than most observers think.

I didn’t know the Saints have beaten Tampa WITH Tom Brady all four times they’ve played then the last two years.   That stunned me.  So they think two first round picks this year makes them more competitive and builds a better team around Winston. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

NFL people think the Saints did this to get more picks right now.   Apparently New Orleans thinks they’re better and closer than most observers think.

I didn’t know the Saints have beaten Tampa WITH Tom Brady all four times they’ve played then the last two years.   That stunned me.  So they think two first round picks this year makes them more competitive and builds a better team around Winston. 

I knew they lost to the Saints in the regular season but I think the Bucs beat them in the playoffs when they won the SB. 

Will be interesting to see what the Saints do with their picks. I believe they have a pretty good defense but would have to look into it more to be sure.