Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pre-draft, my top Elite 8 teams in the league, yours?

2006Coltsbestever

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@tweezy32you won't be laughing when we win the South, thanks for playing. My top 8 is pretty much on par with ESPN's so there you have it.The Simpsons GIF by KiwiGo (KGO)

thats because its ESPN.. not saying much. we lost to the titans last year twice. raiders beat us and got better. ravens beat us and can never beat them. colts are not top 10. they could be this year we will see but as of right now lol no.

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

1. Rams

2. Bengals

3. Bills

4. Chiefs

5. Buccaneers

6. Packers

7. Chargers

8. Broncos

I'm not sure I'd put us in the top 10 yet... 

Good top 8 but we are better than the Chargers and I know you love the Bengals but the Bills are better , JMO. If Bengals and Chiefs played 10 times, I think Chiefs win 6 of 10 even without Hill. We agree with Rams #1. I think we are top 8 because I think we will win the South so that eliminates Tennessee as well.

1 minute ago, tweezy32 said:

thats because its ESPN.. not saying much. we lost to the titans last year twice. raiders beat us and got better. ravens beat us and can never beat them. colts are not top 10. they could be this year we will see but as of right now lol no.

We will see, that is what I love as in everyone has an opinion. 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good top 8 but we are better than the Chargers and I know you love the Bengals but the Bills are better , JMO. If Bengals and Chiefs played 10 times, I think Chiefs win 6 of 10 even without Hill. We agree with Rams #1. I think we are top 8 because I think we will win the South so that eliminates Tennessee as well.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. It's probably a tie for 2nd between the Bengals, Bills and Chiefs. I'm just basing this off of improvements to the team as a whole. The Bengals were players in the FA and got three new lineman and an upgrade at TE. I know Eli Apple gets a lot of flak but resigning him to a 1 year deal was a good move. The Bengals can now go into the draft getting the best pick available. That means they can get a guy or two who can contribute right away this season. 

As for the Chargers, I just see them as a team that's right on the cusp of finally being a contender again. Herbert's the real deal man. And our luck against them is always in favor of the Chargers. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding the Raiders, yeah they beat us but we had a QB that couldn't hit a bulls butt with a Bass Fiddle devil playing GIF- TY wide open for a TD and here is Wentz Pro Wrestling Fight GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Raiders are better than us. Kenny Moore was getting cooked that whole game

5 minutes ago, runthepost said:

1. Rams

2. Bills

3. Chiefs 

4. Broncos 

5. Bucs

6. Bengals

7. Packers 

8. Ravens

We are better than the Ravens, Lamar has average WR's and average RB's, mediocre O.Line. Bengals will win that division. We at least have great RB's and a decent O.Line. Matt Ryan is also a better passer than Lamar is.

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We are better than the Ravens, Lamar has average WR's and average RB's, mediocre O.Line. Bengals will win that division. We at least have great RB's and a decent O.Line. Matt Ryan is also a better passer than Lamar is.

The Ravens were 8-4 before Lamar got hurt. They’ll get Dobbins back and they still have Hollywood Brown and Mark Andrews. Mark Andrews is the 2nd best TE in the NFL. Plus the Ravens had like 17 players on IR last year. Marcus Williams is a great addition to that defense

28 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No they aren't, if Wentz hits TY on an easy TD we are up 10 at that point. At no point in the season was the Raiders better than us. We were 7 point favorites going into that game.

They are now. Carr + Jacobs + Adams + Renfrow + Waller > Ryan + Taylor + Pitt + who? + MAC

5 hours ago, runthepost said:

The Ravens were 8-4 before Lamar got hurt. They’ll get Dobbins back and they still have Hollywood Brown and Mark Andrews. Mark Andrews is the 2nd best TE in the NFL. Plus the Ravens had like 17 players on IR last year. Marcus Williams is a great addition to that defense

They will need Harbaugh not throw games at end going for 2 points. Plus addition or two on offense and they can could be very formidable.

If I had a 2nd favorite team they probably would be.....:thinking: Thinking about it I think they will be lol.

My mom grew up in Baltimore and that's where the Colts came from.... and actually should still be there.

6 hours ago, runthepost said:

They are now. Carr + Jacobs + Adams + Renfrow + Waller > Ryan + Taylor + Pitt + who? + MAC

wow raiders do look good. I am little confused in OP question he said elite 8 teams in league but then he mentioned if we win AFC south we are in top 8. That does not really make us top 8 that just means AFC south rocks lol so based on that I think all 4 teams in AFC west will be fighting and bruising each other so maybe he is asking top teams from each division oh man so confused

GIF by Achievement Hunter

On paper as of today all 4 teams on the west are better than the colts...everyone except Pittsburgh are probably better in the central. Buffalo is better and the Titans get the edge....that's like 9 and the NFC has 3 super teams in GB, LA, and Tampa.... that's like 12...and questionable are Cards, SF(QB), Pats. ..,oops forgot Cowboys lol. 

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

On paper as of today all 4 teams on the west are better than the colts...everyone except Pittsburgh are probably better in the central. Buffalo is better and the Titans get the edge....that's like 9 and the NFC has 3 super teams in GB, LA, and Tampa.... that's like 12...and questionable are Cards, SF(QB), Pats. ..,oops forgot Cowboys lol. 

Chargers have to prove to me they are better, that is pretty even, Raiders aren't better either. Titans aren't better now that we got Ryan. Regarding the North, we are better than Browns and Steelers. Watson will probably get suspended for 4-6 games so that will screw them record wise. We had the Ravens beat last year and just gave the game away. I have us right at around 8, we will see if I am right or wrong come seasons end.

15 hours ago, coltsfan_canada said:

wow raiders do look good. I am little confused in OP question he said elite 8 teams in league but then he mentioned if we win AFC south we are in top 8. That does not really make us top 8 that just means AFC south rocks lol so based on that I think all 4 teams in AFC west will be fighting and bruising each other so maybe he is asking top teams from each division oh man so confused

GIF by Achievement Hunter

Confused Thinking GIF

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chargers have to prove to me they are better, that is pretty even, Raiders aren't better either. Titans aren't better now that we got Ryan. Regarding the North, we are better than Browns and Steelers. Watson will probably get suspended for 4-6 games so that will screw them record wise. We had the Ravens beat last year and just gave the game away. I have us right at around 8, we will see if I am right or wrong come seasons end.

Ok.

I don't think we're ELITE 8 but think we might crack the SWEET 16 :banana:

1. Rams

2. Bengals

3. Chiefs

4. Buccaneers

5. Chargers

6. Packers

7. Bills

8. Broncos

I was hard pressed to put the Broncos in the top 8 because, like the Colts, they haven't done much lately to show they belong.  

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

1. Rams

2. Bengals

3. Chiefs

4. Buccaneers

5. Chargers

6. Packers

7. Bills

8. Broncos

I was hard pressed to put the Broncos in the top 8 because, like the Colts, they haven't done much lately to show they belong.  

We have the same teams in the top 8, except I have Indy in there and not the Chargers. So basically we almost think a like. To me the Chargers have a lot to prove, their coach also is worse than Reich technically, he blew 2 or 3 games last year by going for 2 and getting away from the run.

1. Rams

2. Bengals

3. Bills

4. Buccaneers

5. Ravens

6. Packers

7. Chiefs

8. Broncos/Chargers/Raiders

Chiefs without Hill are not nearly as menacing to me, much like the Packers without Davante Adams, except Rodgers is a better QB than Mahomes in reading Ds. Bills with everyone coming back, with Von Miller added, are definitely a serious threat. Chargers, still have to learn to win the close games at the highest level, much like the Broncos. That is why No.8 spot is any of the other 3 AFC West teams outside the Chiefs. Ravens' QBs - Lamar is in his contract year, might surprise us, much like Flacco won the SB in his 5th year in 2012. 

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

1. Rams

2. Bengals

3. Bills

4. Buccaneers

5. Ravens

6. Packers

7. Chiefs

8. Broncos/Chargers

Chiefs without Hill are not nearly as menacing to me. Bills with everyone coming back, with Von Miller added, are definitely a serious threat. Chargers, still have to learn to win the close games at the highest level, much like the Broncos.

Bills are arguably the best team in the league, I have them 2nd.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You might be right. Bills vs Ravens could be AFCCG this year.

Lamar needs more weapons, like Ryan does for us. If the Ravens had a top notch WR then I would've had them in my top 8. Reason why I have us in there because we have Taylor and Hines to go with Ryan + our O.Line is still good. Lamar has Andrews but other than that not much. Ravens also have a bad O.Line. Bills could win the AFC if Allen keeps playing the way he has. How we beat them 42-15 is still mindboggling.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lamar needs more weapons, like Ryan does for us. If the Ravens had a top notch WR then I would've had them in my top 8. Reason why I have us in there because we have Taylor and Hines to go with Ryan + our O.Line is still good. Lamar has Andrews but other than that not much. Ravens also have a bad O.Line. Bills could win the AFC if Allen keeps playing the way he has. How beat them 42-15 is still mindboggling.

They need a better OC that schemes WRs open to give Lamar more throwing windows against man coverage, IMO. Lamar improved as a passer last year and the question will be, how much is he going to build upon it? My guess is, he will make the leap to throw his WRs open more often. Bills had a defensive meltdown to let KC back in it and with Hill not a threat anymore, it will be hard for Mahomes, IMO. Dolphins have the weapons and the OL now, we will see how well they can play to the talent on paper, on the field. Titans, if healthy, also can be in the Top 8 with both Henry and A J Brown healthy.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

They need a better OC that schemes WRs open to give Lamar more throwing windows against man coverage, IMO. Lamar improved as a passer last year and the question will be, how much is he going to build upon it? My guess is, he will make the leap to throw his WRs open more often. Bills had a defensive meltdown to let KC back in it and with Hill not a threat anymore, it will be hard for Mahomes, IMO.

KC will still be dangerous but I don't see them getting back to the SB for a while. Mahomes is great but losing Hill is disastrous. I can see them losing in the Divisional Round possibly. Bengals will be good again, Bills very good too. I think we can get a high seed playing in the South which could give us a home game if we do indeed win the division. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

KC will still be dangerous but I don't see them getting back to the SB for a while. Mahomes is great but losing Hill is disastrous. I can see them losing in the Divisional Round possibly. Bengals will be good again, Bills very good too. I think we can get a high seed playing in the South which could give us a home game if we do indeed win the division. 

If the Chiefs draft the WR from NDSU (Watson?) that’s a great replacement. 6’5” and 4.35 speed

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have the same teams in the top 8, except I have Indy in there and not the Chargers. So basically we almost think a like. To me the Chargers have a lot to prove, their coach also is worse than Reich technically, he blew 2 or 3 games last year by going for 2 and getting away from the run.

I think the Chargers are trending up.   They have a very good QB who is getting even better.   Staley may have made mistakes to cost the team wins, but so has Reich.   I think they are a wash.  

11 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think the Chargers are trending up.   They have a very good QB who is getting even better.   Staley may have made mistakes to cost the team wins, but so has Reich.   I think they are a wash.  

Staley gotta stop with the dumb moves (just like Frank).  Convert a couple of those losses to wins thanks to a couple field goals and you’re in the playoffs.  And there’s no reason to believe  that the Chargers couldn’t have made the same run that the Bengals did this year.  

23 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Staley gotta stop with the dumb moves (just like Frank).  Convert a couple of those losses to wins thanks to a couple field goals and you’re in the playoffs.  And there’s no reason to believe  that the Chargers couldn’t have made the same run that the Bengals did this year.  

I think the Chargers are very good and will be a team teams won't wanna face, even more than the Colts.  The Colts may end up with a better record because I think the AFC west will beat each other up.  Broncos, Chargers, Raiders and Chiefs could be the best division in league history.   

23 minutes ago, Myles said:

I think the Chargers are very good and will be a team teams won't wanna face, even more than the Colts.  The Colts may end up with a better record because I think the AFC west will beat each other up.  Broncos, Chargers, Raiders and Chiefs could be the best division in league history.   

Chargers and Colts are pretty even but I have no reason to think they will be better, then again a Chargers fan could say the same thing. Herbert is good.

Archived