Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andy

2012-2013 Colts Schedule

you weren't a colts fan prior to the manning era?

I was but I didn't really watch nearly as many football games as I do now. I was too busy in college drinking, studying and chasing women!

New GM. New coaches. New offense. New defense. New special teams (hopefully). New QB. Shall I go on?

That's a nice matchup in Week 1 up I-65, Jay Cutler to Brandon Marshall for the Bears vs. (Andrew Luck) to Reggie Wayne for the Colts at Soldier Field.

Hopefully a few of the early season opponents overlook the Colts a bit in their minds......

Besides, nobody truly knows what to expect with this thing here. They might be very competitive early on and suprise us. If they get blown out nobody will be stunned.

Week 1 is tough but the next two games are winnable.

On the good side, there are only three games that conflict with the Broncos.

On the bad side, there are only three games that conflict with the Broncos.

I might need a new chair to start the season, and a new wife by the end of the season. haha

haha I can relate... it's just the opposite at our house I'm the Football fanatic....

The Browns are the only "sure thing" on the schedule as I see it. I think we beat the Titans and the Jaguars at home.

Will the Vikings defense be lousy again, especially against a rookie QB? The Buffalo Bills have the best D-line in football now! The Chiefs young defense will be much better, especially if there are no injuries again. Miami's defense is not too shabby.

I say 3 - 13 but maybe we beat the Vikings early (enthusiasm and poor defense again) and the Jaguars away so 5 - 11 is a decent possibility. GO COLTS!

at the end of the year, the colts had the 8th hardest schedule in the league and went 2-14. the colts only lost by seven or less in 7 out of 14 losses. the colts now have the 14th hardest schedule(tied with 3 other teams) and have better players and coaches. i'm predicting 8-8 or 9-7 or 10-6 positively

How did we get stuck with a week 4 BYE?!?! Garbage.....Hopefully the flex scheduling will take effect so we can get another prime-time game.

I like the optimism that some of you guys share that we will win 9-10 games this season but realistically I just can't see that happening. I would expect more along the lines of 3-4 wins this year and I'll bet that's what most people in the Colts organization expect. The reason is pretty simple: as of now, approximately 75% of the Colts' roster has 2 or fewer years of NFL experience and is making at or slightly above minimum NFL salary (if you don't believe me, look it up). We will surely be one of if not the youngest NFL team this year. You simply can't expect a completely overhauled coaching staff, front office, and young players to win in year 1 of the rebuilding process. Even with such a high prospect as Andrew Luck and a seemingly "easy schedule." There will be growing pain but patience is a virtue. I believe that each year this team will improve by a couple wins and as we begin to draft and mold young talent, this team can be a force in the AFC again. It will all depend on if we draft the right players because we will have high picks in the coming years. And if the new front office decides to start going after free agents with all the cap room we will have cleared next year, I am OK with that too. But this is not the year for great expectations, but keep the faith, we will get back someday!!

Peyton took the prime-time games with him........Broncos have 5........early bye is good because there's going to be alot of tweeking early on.........

Almost all 1pm games? Best news I've heard about anything Colts related all year. No longer do I need to stay up until 6AM to watch the Colts because of time zone differences.

I know the early bye looks like crap, but maybe with a new QB it might be good. He might need it. Who knows, maybe we have some momentum and can go into the bye with a win against the Jags. Or even the Vikings before that. After the bye is the Packers...they will need some time to figure out something for THAT offense lol.

It might not hurt to have an early bye with new coaches and a rookie QB.

I like the 1:00 games.... makes for a great day and still home at a decent time.

The Bears are on upset alert!

The Bears are on upset alert!

We owe them for ruining our opener in 2008!!!!!

You're absolutely right Jules we sure do. I don't know if our squad will have an answer for Lance Briggs & Julius Peppers as the 1st team out of the regular season gate though. It would be tremendous to set the tone with a victory no doubt.

On the plus side, we don't play ONE SINGLE TEAM coming off a bye week!

The closest thing is the Lions coming off a Thursday game.

Okay, with our 2-14 record last season, I thought we'd not have to play New England this season. Why are they ALWAYS on our schedule?? There's no more Manning-Brady drama to showcase.

Okay, with our 2-14 record last season, I thought we'd not have to play New England this season. Why are they ALWAYS on our schedule?? There's no more Manning-Brady drama to showcase.

It's the Colts' year to play the entire AFC East.

Okay, that explains it...I didn't study the schedule that closely to make that connection. Makes sense now....Jets, Bills, Dolphins and Cheaters

1 one prime time game vs multiple for other non-2011 playoff teams like SD, NYJ and Philly, and multiple for the scourge of the league Saints. 3 years removed from the Super Bowl and a draft pick heralded as the best coming out in 25+ plus years and one prime time game, on a stinking Thursday at that. How does the winning-est team from the first ten years of the new millennium become Rodney Dangerfield while teams like Pitt and NE continue to get the lime light. I can remember both of them failing to make the playoffs immediately following Super Bowl appearances and not losing any prime time coverage. Good grief, the Cardinals, Redskins and Chiefs even got MNF.

1 one prime time game vs multiple for other non-2011 playoff teams like SD, NYJ and Philly, and multiple for the scourge of the league Saints. 3 years removed from the Super Bowl and a draft pick heralded as the best coming out in 25+ plus years and one prime time game, on a stinking Thursday at that. How does the winning-est team from the first ten years of the new millennium become Rodney Dangerfield while teams like Pitt and NE continue to get the lime light. I can remember both of them failing to make the playoffs immediately following Super Bowl appearances and not losing any prime time coverage. Good grief, the Cardinals, Redskins and Chiefs even got MNF.

It's the result of 2-14. If you have an interesting season, you'll be back to some prime games in 2013. Every team has one Thursday night game this year.

How did we get stuck with a week 4 BYE?!?! Garbage.....Hopefully the flex scheduling will take effect so we can get another prime-time game.

It could be like 1999-2001 where teams could have byes in week 1. How terrible would that be?

Here is the schedule:

Week 1 -- @ Bears

Week 2 -- Vikings

Week 3 -- Jaguars

Week 4 -- BYE

Week 5 -- Packers

Week 6 -- @ Jets

Week 7 -- Browns

Week 8 -- @ Titans

Week 9 -- Dolphins

Week 10 -- @ Jags

Week 11 -- @ Pats

Week 12 -- Bills

Week 13 -- @ Lions

Week 14 -- Titans

Week 15 -- @ Texans

Week 16 -- @ Chiefs

Week 17 -- Texans

Pretty good schedule if you ask me, I like the game we get at home.

1. L

2. W

3. W

2-1 at the bye. (hate the early buy!)

5. L

6. L

7. L

8. W

9. W

10. L

11. L

12. W

13. L

14. L

15. L

16. L

17. W

6-10 overall. Not to bad for the first year of rebuilding.

Week 1 -- @ Bears - L

Week 2 -- Vikings - Toss up

Week 3 -- Jaguars - W

Week 4 -- BYE

Week 5 -- Packers - L

Week 6 -- @ Jets - L

Week 7 -- Browns - W

Week 8 -- @ Titans - L

Week 9 -- Dolphins - Toss up

Week 10 -- @ Jags - L

Week 11 -- @ Pats - L

Week 12 -- Bills - Toss Up

Week 13 -- @ Lions - L

Week 14 -- Titans - W

Week 15 -- @ Texans - L

Week 16 -- @ Chiefs - Toss Up

Week 17 -- Texans - Toss Up (Texans could be resting players)

I have us down for three games I think will definitely be wins, five toss up games that could go either way, and 8 losses.

Best case scenario is we go 8-8, but the worst case scenario is 3-13.

1. L

2. W

3. W

2-1 at the bye. (hate the early buy!)

5. L

6. L

7. L

8. W

9. W

10. L

11. L

12. W

13. L

14. L

15. L

16. L

17. W

6-10 overall. Not to bad for the first year of rebuilding.

if we are 5-5 after 10 weeks..we will be 5-11