Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1st crack ever mock draft

Maybe we can turn this into a feedback thread for us first-timers, if OP doesn’t mind?
I haven’t done a lot of these and don’t really know college football, but here we go (based off of pff simulations)

42 - Jalen Pitre, Baylor, CB (some has him as safety)

73 - Alex Pierce, Cincinatti, WR

122 - Cordale Flott, LSU, CB

159 - Grant Calcaterra, SMU, TE

179 - JT Woods, Baylor, S

216 - Ryan van Demark, Connecticut, T

240 - Patrick Paul, Houston, T

Mixing it up a bit regarding O and D. Had Josh Johnson as an alternative at 159, WR from Tulsa. 

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

Maybe we can turn this into a feedback thread for us first-timers, if OP doesn’t mind?
I haven’t done a lot of these and don’t really know college football, but here we go (based off of pff simulations)

42 - Jalen Pitre, Baylor, CB (some has him as safety)

73 - Alex Pierce, Cincinatti, WR

122 - Cordale Flott, LSU, CB

159 - Grant Calcaterra, SMU, TE

179 - JT Woods, Baylor, S

216 - Ryan van Demark, Connecticut, T

240 - Patrick Paul, Houston, T

Mixing it up a bit regarding O and D. Had Josh Johnson as an alternative at 159, WR from Tulsa. 

I like Alec pierce, he screams steal in round 3 to me, I love how his workout and his production match up to him being a good football play and it’s not just one or the other, while he is still not getting the hype of say a drake London who measures comparable

22 minutes ago, Coltsfan15653 said:

I like Alec pierce, he screams steal in round 3 to me, I love how his workout and his production match up to him being a good football play and it’s not just one or the other, while he is still not getting the hype of say a drake London who measures comparable

What? Drake is a top prospect that had better stats last year while only playing 8 games. They are not comparable. Pierce looks like a guy that should be drafted in the 3rd or later. London is a 1st rounder. 

24 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

What? Drake is a top prospect that had better stats last year while only playing 8 games. They are not comparable. Pierce looks like a guy that should be drafted in the 3rd or later. London is a 1st rounder. 

Yes there is a reason that London is going rd 1 and pierce later, and the reason is valid, and to me London is wr1 in this class over Williams and burks Wilson all them, but those 2 are comparable in measurable and game tape, so to get someone comparable toon the 3rd is a steal. I’ll get roasted for this but I think it’s not far fetched ... think 2017 if drake London is mike Williams and Alec pierce is cooper kupp. Now I’m not saying piece will be kupp, but what I’m saying is the potential is there to turn out that way. 

5 minutes ago, Coltsfan15653 said:

Yes there is a reason that London is going rd 1 and pierce later, and the reason is valid, and to me London is wr1 in this class over Williams and burks Wilson all them, but those 2 are comparable in measurable and game tape, so to get someone comparable toon the 3rd is a steal. I’ll get roasted for this but I think it’s not far fetched ... think 2017 if drake London is mike Williams and Alec pierce is cooper kupp. Now I’m not saying piece will be kupp, but what I’m saying is the potential is there to turn out that way. 

I really like what little I've seen of Pierce. He plays BIG. He just dominates CBs.

52 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

I really like what little I've seen of Pierce. He plays BIG. He just dominates CBs.

He dominates corners at a low level of competition by running straight past them. That’s it. There’s no finesse to his game at all.

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

He is not dominating top talent. He was % down against Bama - their CB’s are pro level. The guy runs straight. He is seen as a limited guy with routes and someone who doesn’t get good separation against top talent. Now hopefully coaching helps 

16 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I remember my first crack…

In all seriousness though, that’s a solid mock. 

I was going to do that joke!

I agree, looks very good.

Initially I thought that possibly taking a qb in the 2nd was the way to go, but the more mocks I go over or simulate...even if Pickett slides that far it just seems more like a luxury than a necessity. I still think another qb needs to be brought in but the needs at WR, TE, and Tackle are more necessary right now(possibly FA options will be brought in after the draft).

7 minutes ago, ColtV said:

I was going to do that joke!

I agree, looks very good.

Initially I thought that possibly taking a qb in the 2nd was the way to go, but the more mocks I go over or simulate...even if Pickett slides that far it just seems more like a luxury than a necessity. I still think another qb needs to be brought in but the needs at WR, TE, and Tackle are more necessary right now(possibly FA options will be brought in after the draft).

I 95% agree ... but if Pickett falls to us and we don’t pick him I’m gonna cry lol

Archived