Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Two-pound mock draft(maybe do another one later)

I've noticed not very many folks have posted a mock draft yet, so I'm going to put one on. I have had a hard time even guessing at what Ballard may do

this year so I'm just winging it. As always feedback and criticism is welcome in any form(even laughter).

Round 2, 42) Kaiir Elam cb Florida- need another corner and I think he'll be there, very physical, press cover abilities.

Round 3, 73) Deangelo Malone lb Western Kentucky- Tremendous pass rush and blitzing skills played really well at senior bowl.

Round 4, 122) Jalen Nalor wr Michigan St.- extremely fast, good hands, will stretch the defense.

Round 5, 159) Abraham Lucas ot Washington St.- very solid athletic tackle, who with some work could play left tackle eventually.

Round 5, 179) Jake Ferguson te Wisconsin- looks a lot like Doyle, but faster and better hands.

Round 6, 216) Lecitus Smith og Virginia Tech.- provides depth and versatility on offensive line.

Round 7, 239) Brad Hawkins s Michigan- Big physical center fielder type, also good tackler.

• Like 2

Thanks for posting

I have to say that I thought you were mis spelling TWO ROUND draft... :)  

Kaiir Elam has Colts written all over him (great size and speed)

- If I am honest though..... I hope they go WR here

I like Jake Ferguson

I like Abraham Lucas pick..... I hope he lasts that long

I would absolutely go WR vs Malone in the 3rd 

Malone MIGHT still be there in 4th

• Like 1

Howdy!  Here's some quickie feedback, and thanks for posting your mock.

I also had Kaiir Elam in my earlier mocks back in Dec/Jan.  Until he started moving up the draft boards into the late-1st round, and I figured we wouldn't have a chance at him.  TBH, I'd rather have WR Dotson if he was available.  But if Elam falls to us, I won't be unhappy.

Unlike many on these forums, I've fallen out of love with Jake Ferguson.  I was sitting in the Lucas Oil stands for the 1st day of the Combine, and he didn't show much athleticism to me.  Especially compared to other TE's that were, at that time, below him on the draft boards.  I'm more on board with Greg Dulcich, who DraftTek has rated just below Ferguson.

We'll see how it all shakes out.  Thanks again for posting!

4 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Howdy!  Here's some quickie feedback, and thanks for posting your mock.

I also had Kaiir Elam in my earlier mocks back in Dec/Jan.  Until he started moving up the draft boards into the late-1st round, and I figured we wouldn't have a chance at him.  TBH, I'd rather have WR Dotson if he was available.  But if Elam falls to us, I won't be unhappy.

Unlike many on these forums, I've fallen out of love with Jake Ferguson.  I was sitting in the Lucas Oil stands for the 1st day of the Combine, and he didn't show much athleticism to me.  Especially compared to other TE's that were, at that time, below him on the draft boards.  I'm more on board with Greg Dulcich, who DraftTek has rated just below Ferguson.

We'll see how it all shakes out.  Thanks again for posting!

i think Ferguson's strength is in his blocking. When you think of how Wisconsin play, you know how important that aspect is. He's not super athletic but i suspect we'll be leaning on Granson and Mo for that. We'll see.

• 3 weeks later...

I have decided to do another mock draft. This one with trades that I think are reasonable.

Round 2 pick 42- trade down 16 spots and I know that is a lot but we get pick 58, 74 and 82 from the Falcons.

Round 2 pick 58-Darrian Kinnard ot Kentucky. Solid lineman who played right tackle at Kentucky but I think he has the ability to play left tackle.

Round 3 pick 73- Jaylen Tolbert wr South Alabama.

Round 3 pick 74 Trade to Giants for picks 81 and 112.

Round 3 pick 81- Deangelo Malone lb Western Kentucky.

Round 3 pick 82- Jaylen Watson cb Washington St.

Round 4 pick 112- Abraham Lucas ot Washington St. Another solid lineman who could play guard. providing much needed depth on offensive line.

Round 4 pick 122- Jailon Nailor wr Michigan St. Fast, will stretch the defense and has pretty good hands.

Round 5 pick 159 Jake Ferguson te Wisconsin.

Round 5 pick 179 Troy Anderson lb Montana St.

Round 6 pick 216 Alontae Taylor cb Tennessee.

Round 7 pick 239 Nolan Turner s Clemson.

I did not choose any defensive linemen although Malone is a very skilled pass rusher/blitzer.

It was a tough decision to drop down 16 spots but we got very good compensation from the Falcons.

As always all feedback is welcome, thank you.

1 hour ago, Two_pound said:

I have decided to do another mock draft. This one with trades that I think are reasonable.

Round 2 pick 42- trade down 16 spots and I know that is a lot but we get pick 58, 74 and 82 from the Falcons.

Round 2 pick 58-Darrian Kinnard ot Kentucky. Solid lineman who played right tackle at Kentucky but I think he has the ability to play left tackle.

Round 3 pick 73- Jaylen Tolbert wr South Alabama.

Round 3 pick 74 Trade to Giants for picks 81 and 112.

Round 3 pick 81- Deangelo Malone lb Western Kentucky.

Round 3 pick 82- Jaylen Watson cb Washington St.

Round 4 pick 112- Abraham Lucas ot Washington St. Another solid lineman who could play guard. providing much needed depth on offensive line.

Round 4 pick 122- Jailon Nailor wr Michigan St. Fast, will stretch the defense and has pretty good hands.

Round 5 pick 159 Jake Ferguson te Wisconsin.

Round 5 pick 179 Troy Anderson lb Montana St.

Round 6 pick 216 Alontae Taylor cb Tennessee.

Round 7 pick 239 Nolan Turner s Clemson.

I did not choose any defensive linemen although Malone is a very skilled pass rusher/blitzer.

It was a tough decision to drop down 16 spots but we got very good compensation from the Falcons.

As always all feedback is welcome, thank you.

Which website were you using?   The trades aren’t close to being realistic.  Not even close.   Not your fault, not blaming you.   But these mock draft simulators are notorious for offering unrealistic trades. 

I’m curious as to the site?