Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Draft Prospects Meetings and Visits

48 minutes ago, Shive said:

Thats definitely true, but Jones is also 4-5 years older than those guys were when they were drafted, so he's most likely not developing too much more and if he does, you're not getting but a couple of prime years out of him. I don't see him as someone that can contribute on offense in a meaningful way initially, but there's a lot of other fast guys that could be had around the same range that are already more polished at a younger age.

Age is a valid concern but on the flip side anybody we take in 3rd 4th 5th rounds how much do you expect them to be involved in the offense? The thing is i have no idea how many WR they want. They could take a guy like Metchie or somebody else in the 2nd. And then turn around in the 4th and take Jones for example.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

He’s a senior and a team captain. His RAS is a 9.44. Definitely a Ballard guy. It appears Ballard really like 6’6” OT’s.

I agree. I wonder if he talks with Strauss about linemen. Or does he pick who he wants based on his beliefs. I do think he likes the taller guys because arm length and longer legs to help set that edge. This guy looks good I just hope he has a thinker base than it looks. Need someone with a good anchor. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I agree. I wonder if he talks with Strauss about linemen. Or does he pick who he wants based on his beliefs. I do think he likes the taller guys because arm length and longer legs to help set that edge. This guy looks good I just hope he has a thinker base than it looks. Need someone with a good anchor. 

From what I've read up on him, his tight hips and upright playing style have him lacking in the ability to anchor. He's definitely a narrower OT as well, so that doesn't help.

2 hours ago, Shive said:

From what I've read up on him, his tight hips and upright playing style have him lacking in the ability to anchor. He's definitely a narrower OT as well, so that doesn't help.

I don’t like that. He just seems thin from the waist down. If we grab a project I hope we get a solid frame athletic guy. 

• Like 1

Tariq Woolen i think will translate and be a great add. However i think in all likelihood we wont get a good chance to get at him. Hes going to be drafted before our pick i do believe. Too many elite traits.

10 hours ago, stitches said:

I wouldnt mind woods

On 3/30/2022 at 7:05 AM, Defjamz26 said:

That’s fair. Round 4 is the latest I think he goes though. Ballard seems to like WRs with high RAS so maybe he wouldn’t draft Bell on day 2. Another team might though.

Bell reminds me some of Pascal. If we are looking to replace Pascal i think Bell would fit

On 3/30/2022 at 4:50 AM, stitches said:

No idea if the Colts do the same... and we have very few of the names that actually get top 30 visits. For example, if we get 6-7 of them we should count ourselves lucky. For example, I know Hooker was a late top 30 visit and we drafted him... I know the Colts went and worked out MPJ at his pro day and loved what they saw there and drafted him... but at the same there are multiple players we've drafted that say they didn't get any indication from the Colts that we are after them. For example, Ballard was at Q's pro-day but it seems like we didn't go out of our way to talk to him, etc. 

But, he was still at Qs pro day.   There is some correlation...some...between who the Colts meet with personally or attend workouts and who they draft.  I vaguely remember other lesser picks in previous drafts being met with or rumored to be linked too. (Edit: I see there is a tweet on page one with a short list). 

Like you said, drafting them depends upon the player being available when our turn is up, so there may be a strong correlation between who the Colts meet with and who they want to draft, but don't end up drafting for various reasons (including some other BPA falling)

I have not heard of any players that they met with that would be close to a pick 42, except Sam Howell, whom I think they met with.  Tariq Woolen?   Dulchich?  All others seem like mid rounders to UDFAs.  

I still say that trade down from 42 to get more mid round picks is a strong possibility.

I think they either met with or attended WR Samori Toure's pro day.  Seems like a Ballard type of late round WR pick.

And this thread has said the Colts have met with three different TEs.  Likely, Dulcich, and Woods.  All three are the receiving type of In-Line TEs.   (not counting on MAC for this role, IMO)

• Like 1