Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kansas City Trades Hill-Why?!

King Colt

You have Mahomes, Kelce and Hill for points on the board so they dump Hill. I know Hill wanted to be the highest paid receiver in the NFL but it seems to me if they wanted to go back to the SB they could have shuffled the deck to keep him. I wonder how frustrating it is going to be for Hill to switch from Mahomes to Tua. His numbers will fall. 

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

You have Mahomes, Kelce and Hill for points on the board so they dump Hill. I know Hill wanted to be the highest paid receiver in the NFL but it seems to me if they wanted to go back to the SB they could have shuffled the deck to keep him. I wonder how frustrating it is going to be for Hill to switch from Mahomes to Tua. His numbers will fall. 

I think we as fans vastly overestimate how important it is to players to win, especially early in their careers.

Hill has already won a ring. He has already put up crazy stats which players want to do to justify getting paid. 

Now he got paid. Like paid paid! Highest paid WR in the league paid. 

He got his money and his respect and won his championship and had his numbers.

Now he gets to collect fat checks and live on South Beach instead of spending time in KC.

I am pretty sure he is 100% good with all this.

If he were ever to be frustrated over not getting his numbers it will be when he is about due for his next contract in 4ish years.

Reality is that Hill's contract is practically 4 years and $95M that he will likely earn. He will never see that 5th year (the 4th year of the new contract that got tacked on to his on remaining year from his KC contract).....but still he is likely to collect $95M over 4 years and then hit FA again at age 30.

I honestly think this was Hill going where he wanted to go and getting every last bit of what he wanted to get. And KC seeing the writing on the wall that paying him that much was going to be tough to do and seeing the recent success of younger cheap draft pick WRs and knowing that after this deal they can now load up if they want to.

The Chiefs in this draft now have 12 picks and have:

- 4 of the top 62

- 6 of the top 103

- 8 of the top 135

That is huge and if they draft well they will stock that team w good young talent just like they did last year with guys like Nick Bolton (2nd), Creed Humphrey (2nd) and Trey Smith (6th).

It will weaken them short term. But long term this helps them in my humble opinion. 

I heard last week that Brady didn't retire but instead retired from the bucs & Arians. Seems like Arians was a bit tougher on him than he wanted. And like Arians wasn't going to let him take half the afternoon off and play 9 holes. He asked Payton to follow him to Miami and then told SF he'd like to end his career there......But he's under contract for another year and Arians/Bucs wouldn't let him out of it so the brat "unretired" back to Tampa. I heard that on Cowherd and Skip & Shannon.

Today on Cowherd I heard sooner or later he will go to Miami. I guess that means he's traded there this season or next season as a FA.

That explains why the phinns are loading up with weapons. 

23 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

I think we as fans vastly overestimate how important it is to players to win, especially early in their careers.

Hill has already won a ring. He has already put up crazy stats which players want to do to justify getting paid. 

Now he got paid. Like paid paid! Highest paid WR in the league paid. 

He got his money and his respect and won his championship and had his numbers.

Now he gets to collect fat checks and live on South Beach instead of spending time in KC.

I am pretty sure he is 100% good with all this.

If he were ever to be frustrated over not getting his numbers it will be when he is about due for his next contract in 4ish years.

Reality is that Hill's contract is practically 4 years and $95M that he will likely earn. He will never see that 5th year (the 4th year of the new contract that got tacked on to his on remaining year from his KC contract).....but still he is likely to collect $95M over 4 years and then hit FA again at age 30.

I honestly think this was Hill going where he wanted to go and getting every last bit of what he wanted to get. And KC seeing the writing on the wall that paying him that much was going to be tough to do and seeing the recent success of younger cheap draft pick WRs and knowing that after this deal they can now load up if they want to.

The Chiefs in this draft now have 12 picks and have:

- 4 of the top 62

- 6 of the top 103

- 8 of the top 135

That is huge and if they draft well they will stock that team w good young talent just like they did last year with guys like Nick Bolton (2nd), Creed Humphrey (2nd) and Trey Smith (6th).

It will weaken them short term. But long term this helps them in my humble opinion. 

Well said. Yes losing Hill hurts but this draft is deep at WR and they can draft a really good one which will cost way (way) less. Hill was important to the team but he is replaceable. The Fins way overpaid for him. 

Archived