Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Ryan film: PA with Matt, Taylor and Hines could change the game.

Frenchy789

23 minutes ago, Myles said:

Frank chose to run Taylor 16 times and pass 54 times.

Frank chose to go for it up 14-0 at midfield.  3rd and 3,  Incomplete pass, 4th at 3, incomplete pass.  2 downs to get 3 yards and he doesn't run Taylor.  

I wonder if those two passes were checks out of runs?  I can't remember the formation.  

I do know that when the QB sees 9 guys in the box, he has to be thinking that someone is going to be open for a pass.  Which may explain that pass/run ratio.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You choose to see the only times he has failed. How about the great games he called vs the Pats, at Arizona when were undermanned, and at Buffalo where he ran Taylor a ton. Most coaches are up and down. How do you think Belichick did against us or against Buffalo in their 47-10 playoff loss?

The thing about Belichick is, everyone will give him a pass because he has won 6 SB's. I don't, win one without Tom Brady than I will - it won't happen IMO. Gary Kubiak was an average coach ala Chuck before he got Peyton, he won a SB with Peyton, that defense was great but without Peyton they don't get by the Pats in 2015.

That is what is holding Mike Vrabel back, he is a very good coach, IMO, but he doesn't have Tom Brady, he has Ryan Tannehill. 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 1:10 PM, TheShadow said:

I am anougher falcon fan  becoming a Colts fan.  Ryan has spent the last 5yrs on a team without an OL and a Defense, and last yr it got worse w/o any receivers. What he has been able to do while in this situation for the last few years, shows his abilities and a winning mentality. If the colts can give him a good OL, he can easily put the Colt in the play offs and maybe further. I am attaching a recent Falcons goodby video reveling more of his personality.

Go Colts, I will be watching and rooting for Colts now.

Yeah we let a future HoF'er go for peanuts. I'm just glad Matt is with a contender.

Colts are gonna be fun to watch this season. 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

I wonder if those two passes were checks out of runs?  I can't remember the formation.  

I do know that when the QB sees 9 guys in the box, he has to be thinking that someone is going to be open for a pass.  Which may explain that pass/run ratio.

Frank said after the game that he didn't realize that the ratio was that far off.   That tells me that he is too busy to pay attention to what the head coaches are supposed to do.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You choose to see the only times he has failed.

You do the same with Wentz.   Frank failed as much or more than Wentz.   

• Confused 1

On 3/25/2022 at 1:10 PM, TheShadow said:

I am anougher falcon fan  becoming a Colts fan.  Ryan has spent the last 5yrs on a team without an OL and a Defense, and last yr it got worse w/o any receivers. What he has been able to do while in this situation for the last few years, shows his abilities and a winning mentality. If the colts can give him a good OL, he can easily put the Colt in the play offs and maybe further. I am attaching a recent Falcons goodby video reveling more of his personality.

Go Colts, I will be watching and rooting for Colts now.

Me too bro', I have been a Falcon fan since the beginning, but now I will only check in with them from time to time.  The way Arthur Blank insulted the face of his franchise is almost criminal, but good luck for the Colts. Go Colts.

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2022 at 8:29 PM, UnrealFalcon said:

Matt is historically one of the best in playaction and vs pressure.

He's only had a 1000 year rusher about 5 times in his career and a top 10 defense twice. And those times he's taken the falcons to the playoffs

You will love everything about Matt.  He is an expert in reading and adjusting to defenses with audibles.  He will not hesitate to chew some * if everyone is not giving 100%. His accuracy is superb, and if given a little time, he will pick a defense apart.  Arthur Blank was a fool for letting him get away. From a long time Falcon fan.  Our loss is your gain. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2022 at 2:26 PM, Smonroe said:

Myles doesn't care why or about about situational probabilities.
   He does know when we fail to execute and that it is FRANKS FAULT!
    Bla bla bla

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Myles doesn't care why or about about situational probabilities.
   He does know when we fail to execute and that it is FRANKS FAULT!
    Bla bla bla

Not true.   I see that Reich starts games great in most cases.   His scripted calls are good.   He gets lost a bit in games when he is calling plays.  I think we have all seen that and Reich confirmed it a few times at post game press conferences.  

Situational probabilities?   Like 3rd and one at midfield with a 14 point lead?  Taylor had been running great but we pass twice (3rd and 4th).  Punt would have been the best option on 4th with running Taylor as the second best choice.   

On 3/31/2022 at 1:35 PM, QB Master said:

As  long time Ryan watcher, he is NOT past his Prime, you will soon see. 

Well said, from another long time Falcon fan. Arthur Blank just got greedy for DeShaun Watson, and Matt was dumped , shamelessly. He is NOT past his prime, he has good tears left.  You will love him.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, QB Master said:

Well said, from another long time Falcon fan. Arthur Blank just got greedy for DeShaun Watson, and Matt was dumped , shamelessly. He is NOT past his prime, he has good tears left.  You will love him.

I hope that was accidental and not a premonition.  Ha ha.

I would say Ryan is probably past his "prime" but not done yet.   Past a players prime doesn't equate to being bad.  

On 3/26/2022 at 5:19 PM, runthepost said:

He went 7-9 with prime Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper and Coleman. Had 4800 yards and 35 TDs and 40% of his passing touchdowns came in the 4th qtr 

Yeah he had all those weapons, but Coleman was never really that amazing, certainly not JT level. Their offensive line was bad and they were always playing from behind. Yeah 4800 yards, 35 TDs and 40% tds in the 4th quarter.... but you could equate a lot of that to garbage time yards and TDs... especially as they are in the 4th qtr and their defense has been terrible throughout his tenure in ATL.

On 6/10/2022 at 9:19 AM, Chucklez said:

Yeah he had all those weapons, but Coleman was never really that amazing, certainly not JT level. Their offensive line was bad and they were always playing from behind. Yeah 4800 yards, 35 TDs and 40% tds in the 4th quarter.... but you could equate a lot of that to garbage time yards and TDs... especially as they are in the 4th qtr and their defense has been terrible throughout his tenure in ATL.

I just hope the Colts were as good as advertised last year, With a decent O Line, running game , and defense, Ryan will take you into the Playoffs, and possibly farther.  He is not past his prime, as you will see. 

45 minutes ago, QB Master said:

I just hope the Colts were as good as advertised last year, With a decent O Line, running game , and defense, Ryan will take you into the Playoffs, and possibly farther.  He is not past his prime, as you will see. 

The only potential downfall i see is a regression on the O-Line. The national media has depicted the Colts Oline as elite for the last 3 years or so, but last year it definitely dipped and that wasnt exactly reflected in the NFL Cognoscenti. 

If we can just get the LT position a bit more cemented, we should be good, but that does pose a large worry. Same with overall OL depth, its not as deep as it was in years past, if we lose Braden Smith, out T situation suddenly looks barren.

• Like 1