Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matt Ryan film: PA with Matt, Taylor and Hines could change the game.

Frenchy789

Found it trawling through Youtube, tiny channel with a little over 2k subs. I'm not the guy but he pointed things out I hadn't noticed. 

Those Saints DBs were watching Matt's every move and reacting, he's a convincing in his fakes, every detail is second nature. 

HYPE HAS ENTERED CHAT
PA with Taylor will be deadly if the line doesn't decline can't wait to watch this offense!!

Imagine a PA with Taylor and Hines flanking Ryan: defense has 8 in the box, 2 covering wideouts and a single high safety.

Hines on a wheel route or just shooting to the side with a TE chip blocking, Colts make sure WR's know how to block

BOOM there goes the dynamite! 

How do you stop that? Linebackers will be second-guessing and some might even start setting a bit farther back or towards the sides, making a run even more devastating!!

Why stop there? I know Frank Reich isn't incredibly interested in the new fads but he's open to what makes sense (bringing in Jacoby instantly for small yardage after Rivers clearly was done with that kind of instant pressure). Think of all the RPO's and different PA totally fresh formations we could see! With Hines acceleration and elusiveness and JT's patient intelligent runs (the way he uses plain physics to make him a difficult runner to tackle is the best part IMHO). 

I don't play Madden but imagining new PA plays is fun, if our D stays top 10, we could actually go places in January if the line plays up to standard and Matt really wants that ring.

On paper, we should win at least 8 games: we need to beat the Chargers, finally beat the Jags in Clowntown, and pick up a W against the Pats or Cowboys. We did it last year, and the year before, we're in the window for at least a divisional game, then again look at Cincinnati. 

DAMN I LOVE FOOTBALL!! GO COLTS!:yahoo:

Matt is historically one of the best in playaction and vs pressure.

He's only had a 1000 year rusher about 5 times in his career and a top 10 defense twice. And those times he's taken the falcons to the playoffs

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PRnum1 said:

I think so too.

The only thing that could blow it is a bad decision at LT.

this is my great fear and plus didn't resign Reed for RG which i think is a mistake. and don't say we have Pinter or Fries because then we would have no backup C and the other is unproven

• Thanks 1

Just now, ruf said:

this is my great fear and plus didn't resign Reed for RG which i think is a mistake. and don't say we have Pinter or Fries because then we would have no backup C and the other is unproven

Reed is still available 

Hines was so misused last year, it wasn't even funny. I understand wanting to use Taylor, but with how much we struggled to find anyone else to help in the passing game other then Pitt Hines could have easily been used in the slot or in two RB sets.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Hines was so misused last year, it wasn't even funny. I understand wanting to use Taylor, but with how much we struggled to find anyone else to help in the passing game other then Pitt Hines could have easily been used in the slot or in two RB sets.

I had visions of sproles before the season started but eventually I realized wentz wasn’t looking for Hines.

• Thanks 1

Main impact I expect with Ryan is smarter pre-snap reads and checks.  He's a seasoned vet who knows what he's doing and that's a pretty big deal for the offense to be in the right call for a given look.

His limitations are that he's not really a threat to reach the entire field with that arm.  This guy is not Stafford.  He can put up deep balls on an arc for guys to run under but safety position and looks need to be clear for that when your ball hangs up.  So teams will roll up on him at times and disregard those deep outs.  What works in his favor is this run game though.  With play action there will be room for him to throw with the LBs being held tight with the run threat.  I mean if you can't play QB with a guy like Reich as your coach and Taylor in the backfield your playing days are done.

I think the Colts are now a playoff team.  Whether they end up this year growing into a contender or a quick-exit type playoff team remains to be seen.  I do see this division being tougher because Jacksonville should be greatly improved in year two of their QB with a real offensive mind running the show.  But it's going to be nice to have a guy back there who has the experience to shepherd this offense to a good win total.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To me Ryan is on the same level as a Matt Stafford, and Philip Rivers was. Ryan even won MVP 1 year which neither of those have. 

I think he is slightly  better than stafford  even  though stafford has a  younger arm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

From your own endzone !!!

Well...if he took the safety, it was game over. Let's not forget that after the safety, he took the team down the field with a minute and change left to tie the score.

8 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Well...if he took the safety, it was game over. Let's not forget that after the safety, he took the team down the field with a minute and change left to tie the score.

He could have just threw it in the dirt. The play was a screen that the titans saw instantly. When you see that, the play is dead. Just clock it and move on.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CR91 said:

He could have just threw it in the dirt. The play was a screen that the titans saw instantly. When you see that, the play is dead. Just clock it and move on.

Both Hines are Mo were in the same vicinity.

1 minute ago, JediXMan said:

Both Hines are Mo were in the same vicinity.

All the more reason to just throw it to their feet and go to the next down.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stephen said:

I think he is slightly  better than stafford  even  though stafford has a  younger arm

Stafford has a better arm, and a bit better touch. Ryan is better in all of the mental aspects of the game, including leadership.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

I'll give you a pass because you obviously don't know the rules. If he did that it would have been intentional grounding..safety...game over. 

Oh..another thing..no dirt at Lucas Oil unless it's hosting Monster Jam.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I'll give you a pass because you obviously don't know the rules. If he did that it would have been intentional grounding..safety...game over. 

Oh..another thing..no dirt at Lucas Oil unless it's hosting Monster Jam.

No it's not. Peyton did it all the time. As long as the pass is in the area of the receiver then it doesn't matter where the ball is thrown. Intentional grounding is when you throw the ball inside the pocket with no receiver in that area.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

No it's not. Peyton did it all the time. As long as the pass is in the area of the receiver then it doesn't matter where the ball is thrown. Intentional grounding is when you throw in the ball inside the pocket with no receiver in that area.

Look at the play...he had 0 time. Not going to go back and forth with you. You lack football sense and knowledge.

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Look at the play...he had 0 time. Not going to go back and forth with you. You lack football sense and knowledge.

He had no time because it's a screen. Do I have to explain to you what a screen is?

• Like 2

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

I could use a good laugh...so please do.

Don't even know why I'm wasting my time. To put in simple terms so you understand, the o-line allow the rushers to get up the field towards the QB in order to create a wall in front of the receiver. It's supposed to be a quick read where the ball either hits the receiver if the screen is open or to the feet of the receiver if the defense read it. Easy enough for you to understand or do you need football for dummies?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

All the more reason to just throw it to their feet and go to the next down.

He couldn’t get it to anyones feet except to the Titans who were holding his arm. In the End Zone.  It was a total team disaster play.