Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Today's the Day

So, we got our QB and have restructured his contract.  I feel like now is Ballard's time to make his pre-draft FA moves.  Top on my list would be to replace Ya-Sin with a starting quality boundary CB and add a swing tackle in case the draft doesn't cooperate with us at the OT position and/or Pryor falters as a starter.  I'm gonna say Joe Haden and Jason Spriggs (Falcons) are on our roster by the end of the day.  (Shots in the dark, but hey, I'll look good if they both happen!)  We could also see a WR like Fuller or Julio sometime soon...

25 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I see Tyrann, TY, and hopefully MVS all getting signed soon. I am curious if they bring Rhodes back. 

I hadn't thought about that for a while, but I suppose bringing back Rhodes wouldn't be a bad idea at this point.  I wrote him off, since it seemed like a younger guy in the draft would be a good idea.  But now, with Ya-Sin gone, it seems like a prudent move to bring him back.  It should be cheaper than his last contract...

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

TY could be coming back by the look of his tweet yesterday.  I’m hoping for Tyrann, MVS and Reed all getting signed soon. That would be a great off season for me leading up to the draft. 

Yea we need Chris Reed back. We have little depth now and that’s a potential starter. 

Will Fuller is the Colts best option right now. But, he is expected to go to CLE. 

I want Kevin King at corner. He can compete with Rodgers & our new guy from LV

Kevin King, Will Fuller, Chris Reed, & Mathieu would be a GREAT off-season IMO

OTC has updated with new QB deal in place leaving us with only 16m in cap space.  Seems we generally like to carry 8m over for draft picks and reserve fund during the season.

Without worrying about cap space I would have said LT Duane Brown on a 1-year deal along with CB Trae Waynes prove-it deal.

Realistically with limited cap space its back to the draft.  The only good thing is the low cost factor of not having a first round pick I suppose to splurge a little. 

Some low cost/risk Free Agents that might be worth a look are:

FS Dan Cruiskshank (Titans) - decent depth player ST that has decent size and speed

Edge Arden Key (49ers) - coming off his best season

DL Tyler Lancaster (Packers) - 2021 was a down year for him compared to years past but would add veteran run defense

WR Isaiah Ford (Dolphins) - In limited capacity has played some good football for a former 7th round draft pick

WR Tre'Quan Smith (Saints) - Still managed to have a decent season without a solid QB post-Brees

WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling (Packers) - Comparable to Pascal if not a slightly better upgrade

Archived