Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft: Pro day schedule(and discussions) - 5 QBs this week!!

4 minutes ago, stitches said:

Just saw it in the other thread... so copy-pasting my post here too :

This is... interesting. Very interesting. On a few different levels. This is a top 30 visit from what I gather. You don't usually throw those away, because they are so limited. And on the other end - it's interesting to me that Willis is even willing to come to visit a team that has earliest pick in the 40s. 

So ... a few possibilities:

1. Is there a chance he slips? And how far? I personally doubt it, but who knows? Maybe he slips to the 20s and then we can pounce? 

2. Colts must be willing to trade up for him. Or at least they've told him and his agent that if they are left impressed they'd be willing to do it. I don't think Willis is going on a visit with a random team picking in the 40s. He must like the possibility of coming here.... even with Matt Ryan under contract for 2 more years. 

In a weird way... Matt Ryan + Malik Willis might actually be the absolute perfect combination - Willis is one of the more raw prospects in the draft and he's raw in all the areas that Matt Ryan excels at. So... perfect mentor to learn from, perfect timeline - stay behind Ryan for a year and learn... no pressure to be ready right away or hell - not even in the second year... as long as progress is being made behind the scenes... 

I love the possibility here... but... in reality... I think he'd be gone in the top 10. Maybe even as high as no. 2. 

I have seen mocks where he lasts till R2 42. At this point, i think anything is possible. I agree with your points though, i think with the moves the Saints have made, either they or the Lions are going to pounce early.

Archived