Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 NFL Draft: Pro day schedule(and discussions) - 5 QBs this week!!

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-pro-day-schedule

5 of the top QBs have their pro-days this week, so I decided to post a thread about it so we can discuss if there is something of note. Here's the schedule: 

March 8

Miami (Ohio)

March 9

Arkansas

Kansas State

Oklahoma

UAB

Wisconsin

March 10

Fordham

South Alabama

March 11

Illinois

Indiana

Texas

Tulsa

March 14

Arizona State

Georgia Tech

Kent State

Western Michigan

March 15

Auburn

Central Michigan

UCLA

March 16

Colorado

Georgia

Michigan State

Minnesota

March 17

Clemson

South Carolina State

Stanford

March 18

Coastal Carolina

Michigan

South Carolina

March 21

Iowa

Jackson State

Nevada - Carson Strong

Northern Iowa

Pittsburgh - Kenny Pickett

Toledo

March 22

Iowa State

Liberty - Malik Willis

Mississippi State

Nebraska

Rutgers

San Diego State

Texas A&M

Virginia Tech

March 23

Connecticut

Mississippi - Matt Corral

Ohio State

South Dakota State

USC

UTSA

Virginia

March 24

Brown

Cincinnati - Desmond Ridder

Fresno State

Memphis

North Dakota

North Dakota State

Oklahoma State

Penn State

SMU

Utah

March 25

Boston College

BYU

Culver-Stockton

Missouri

Missouri Western State

Notre Dame

TCU

March 28

Air Force

Florida

Florida A&M

Idaho

North Carolina - Sam Howell

Sam Houston State

Washington State

March 29

Fayetteville State

Florida State

Louisville

North Carolina State

Purdue

Washington

West Virginia

Wyoming

March 30

Alabama

Baylor

Colorado State

Florida International

Maryland

Miami

Tennessee

Wake Forest

March 31

Appalachian State

Oregon State

Tennessee-Chattanooga

Texas Tech

Western Kentucky - Bailey Zappe

April 1

Houston

Kentucky

Oregon

UCF

April 4

Louisiana-Lafayette

Montana State

April 5

Nicholls State

Southeastern Louisiana

Southern A&M

USC (WR Drake London)

April 6

LSU

• stitches changed the title to 2022 NFL Draft: Pro day schedule(and discussions) - 5 QBs this week!!

Kenny Pickett's hands keep growing! They are 1/8th of an inch longer than they were at the combine now! Keep going Kenny! Keep going. Now that's a growth mindset if I've ever seen one! Maybe by draft day he will break the 9" barrier. :goodluck:

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Interesting! Colts showing a lot of interest in JMU QB Cole Johnson...

Here's a highlight video of him:

It’s kind of weird that the other team that’s rumored to be enamored with him is a team that has Justin Herbert as it’s starting QB. Makes me think they see an NFL level backup in him. Also I’ve never heard of that person who tweeted that.

Stampede Blue reported it too. They quote the same guy as their source. Very strange. There’s always sleepers but it’s weird that not even a scout like Jim Nagy, who finds players from literally anywhere, hasn’t even talked about this guy.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stitches said:

I will always doubt every test that was not done at the combine and then conveniently looks super impressive at the pro-day. 

This year a lot of agents complained about the combine because they changed the workout times to later in the day. As a result a lot of prospects scored horribly in the agility drills. Just some food for thought, as I’m not sure what the actual correlation is.

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

A 4.5 40 puts him in the mix in the 2nd round. That’s faster than even Jelani Woods who is an athletic freak himself. He’s better than the WRs that might be at 42.

Them not running at the combine really leaves bad taste in my mouth. I can't help it... even if there is some excuse behind it.... I just went to his combine page and yep... of course he did other drills, but he didn't run. Then goes to his pro-day and runs 4.5... how convenient. :thinking:

Purely physically/athletically Woods looks more impressive to me on a football field. 

28 minutes ago, stitches said:

Titans meeting WIllis.... :grumpy2:

I dont blame them. Everyone is looking for that next step up, we had better be doing same and not just riding the Ryan wave. They know what limitations Tannehill has, they'll the ultimate example of a team who could take a chance on a QB this year, let him sit for a year, and try to skip that mad QB rush next year. There'll be so many teams in the QB hunt that some premier talent that isn't QB will be there for some lucky team. Tennessee is doing what we need to be doing too except there's that hope factor where we think maybe Ryan might be a top 5-7 QB, and they know Tannehill is at best top 10-15. 

If they can get Willis, they will. I've seen him drop to the 2nd round in some mocks.

On 4/5/2022 at 3:05 PM, Defjamz26 said:

A 4.5 40 puts him in the mix in the 2nd round. That’s faster than even Jelani Woods who is an athletic freak himself. He’s better than the WRs that might be at 42.

I hope we grab him

On 4/5/2022 at 3:18 PM, stitches said:

Them not running at the combine really leaves bad taste in my mouth. I can't help it... even if there is some excuse behind it.... I just went to his combine page and yep... of course he did other drills, but he didn't run. Then goes to his pro-day and runs 4.5... how convenient. :thinking:

Purely physically/athletically Woods looks more impressive to me on a football field. 

Woods looks and moves like a big Mo Ali Cox to me.  Im of the opposite opinion I like Mcbride. 

2 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

@stitches seen this?

Just saw it in the other thread... so copy-pasting my post here too :

This is... interesting. Very interesting. On a few different levels. This is a top 30 visit from what I gather. You don't usually throw those away, because they are so limited. And on the other end - it's interesting to me that Willis is even willing to come to visit a team that has earliest pick in the 40s. 

So ... a few possibilities:

1. Is there a chance he slips? And how far? I personally doubt it, but who knows? Maybe he slips to the 20s and then we can pounce? 

2. Colts must be willing to trade up for him. Or at least they've told him and his agent that if they are left impressed they'd be willing to do it. I don't think Willis is going on a visit with a random team picking in the 40s. He must like the possibility of coming here.... even with Matt Ryan under contract for 2 more years. 

In a weird way... Matt Ryan + Malik Willis might actually be the absolute perfect combination - Willis is one of the more raw prospects in the draft and he's raw in all the areas that Matt Ryan excels at. So... perfect mentor to learn from, perfect timeline - stay behind Ryan for a year and learn... no pressure to be ready right away or hell - not even in the second year... as long as progress is being made behind the scenes... 

I love the possibility here... but... in reality... I think he'd be gone in the top 10. Maybe even as high as no. 2. 

Archived