Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

10 hours ago, aReggie7 said:

Ballard was on Colin Cowherd's podcast today. Nothing unexpected was said of course but worth listening for those interested.

Thanks for posting this.   And there was something unexpected for me.   

Ballard said our board this year was 180 players.   He said at the end of the draft there were still 15 players that were draft candidates.   And he added that our board is more typically about 160.    That’s actually higher than I expected to hear.   Based on comments made early in his Colts time, I thought our board would be closer to 125.   I’m glad to learn it’s typically bigger.    160 is a much more manageable number.   Good for us. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thanks for posting this.   And there was something unexpected for me.   

Ballard said our board this year was 180 players.   He said at the end of the draft there were still 15 players that were draft candidates.   And he added that our board is more typically about 160.    That’s actually higher than I expected to hear.   Based on comments made early in his Colts time, I thought our board would be closer to 125.   I’m glad to learn it’s typically bigger.    160 is a much more manageable number.   Good for us. 

I think this is probably because the number of draftable players who declared for the draft this year is considerably higher than in regular years(because of COVID). Thus, it's only normal for the Colts to have more players in consideration and more players to make the cut. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I think this is probably because the number of draftable players who declared for the draft this year is considerably higher than in regular years(because of COVID). Thus, it's only normal for the Colts to have more players in consideration and more players to make the cut. 

Yes….   Agreed and understood.   I’ve shared that with others here as well.  

But I was also pleasantly surprised to hear him say that the size of our regular board was 160.    From previous comments he’s made in years past,  I was under the impression that our normal board was roughly 125-ish.   Glad to learn it’s considerably higher. 

The Reggie Wayne throw up comment about Matt being like Peyton was priceless. I heard Reggie's full interview and he says his leadership and dedication is just like Peyton's. So anyone that gets sarcasm would get that. He still wishes he could still play. I trust what Reggie says about Matt more than anyone in here, he is around him everyday.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Reggie Wayne throw up comment about Matt being like Peyton was priceless. I heard Reggie's full interview and he says his leadership and dedication is just like Peyton's. So anyone that gets sarcasm would get that. He still wishes he could still play. I trust what Reggie says about Matt more than anyone in here, he is around him everyday.

Why does he say it makes him want to throw up, though? It disgusts him? 

1 hour ago, Tsarquise said:

I have someone close to me that says stuff like that often. And i have to ask do you really mean that? And it's, no, no they/it is really great bla bla...
  This was  D student. Just sayin'. 

7 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

I have someone close to me that says stuff like that often. And i have to ask do you really mean that? And it's, no, no they/it is really great bla bla...

It's so weird and nonsensical lol. 

Imagine going up to a girl and saying:

"It makes me want to throw up every time I see you!"

(Girl smacks you)

"No, no, that is a good thing!".

2 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

It is because he see's a guy that is like Peyton and he wishes he could play again so it makes him sick. That is like me saying, Taylor is so great, it makes me want to croak but in a funny way. Sarcasm is something that I have always got.

2 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

I would assume that Peyton’s attention to detail and demand for micro control was probably borderline OCD which could wear you out, almost. So throw up as in this dude is just too much, but said with love no doubt. 

Cap-Strapped Giants likely to release Bradberry by the end of the week. Wonder if the Colts would still have interest.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cap-strapped-giants-expected-to-part-ways-with-james-bradberry-by-end-of-the-wee

Schoen spoke Wednesday on the situation regarding Bradberry, who seems to be headed toward a release by Big Blue. "We should have some resolution hopefully by the end of the week," Schoen said, via NJ.com. "It's unfortunate because he's a great kid."

If he gets cut his 21.86 million cap number gets wiped out and the team that picks him up can negotiate a more cap-friendly new deal.

6 minutes ago, philba101 said:

Cap-Strapped Giants likely to release Bradberry by the end of the week. Wonder if the Colts would still have interest.

https://www.nfl.com/news/cap-strapped-giants-expected-to-part-ways-with-james-bradberry-by-end-of-the-wee

Schoen spoke Wednesday on the situation regarding Bradberry, who seems to be headed toward a release by Big Blue. "We should have some resolution hopefully by the end of the week," Schoen said, via NJ.com. "It's unfortunate because he's a great kid."

If he gets cut his 21.86 million cap number gets wiped out and the team that picks him up can negotiate a more cap-friendly new deal.

I am guessing the "No Salary Cap" Rams probably sign him to pair him up with Ramsey. :) 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I am guessing the "No Salary Cap" Rams probably sign him to pair him up with Ramsey. :) 

I had the same thought

28 minutes ago, Farns01 said:

Is he being released or waivered.  If waivered doesn’t he have to clear the waiver wire?

We are not sure yet

12 hours ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

No it’s because Ryan is good and he is excited to see a guy with same qualities as Peyton.

I know it is supposed to be a good thing. Just doesn't make since. Good things usually are not vomit inducing. 

13 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

I know it is supposed to be a good thing. Just doesn't make since. Good things usually are not vomit inducing. 

Just a figure of speech. Like Taylor was killing it out there.  Killing things usually is not good but in context it makes sense

23 hours ago, TheNextGM said:

In the last episode of With The Next Pick, Ballard mentions WR, TE, O-line, Safety, Corner as targets.. the top four picks addressed the first four. 

Didn’t add a high pick corner so maybe Bradberry fills that need.

Our 7th rd CB has very similar traits to Rock BTW. 
 Bradbury Would signal ALL-IN to win for sure. 

On 5/5/2022 at 10:24 AM, throwing BBZ said:

Sometimes things should not be taken so seriously. When you were a kid, did you or anyone you knew ever say "I hate you!" Did you think it was actually true? Or...  I know some folks who say, "Kill me now!" when something seems too difficult. No one thinks they actually want to be killed. 

On 5/5/2022 at 10:33 AM, Tsarquise said:

It's so weird and nonsensical lol. 

Imagine going up to a girl and saying:

"It makes me want to throw up every time I see you!"

(Girl smacks you)

"No, no, that is a good thing!".

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

That is a bit extreme. Don't you think? 

19 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Sometimes things should not be taken so seriously. When you were a kid, did you or anyone you knew ever say "I hate you!" Did you think it was actually true? Or...  I know some folks who say, "Kill me now!" when something seems too difficult. No one thinks they actually want to be killed. 

I’ve never heard of that statement. (Throwing up is good?) Must be the newer generation’s?????

1 hour ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

“This food tastes soo good that I want to throw up!” :lol:

It amazes me how many in here don't get simple sarcasm. Reggie was giving Matt Ryan a huge compliment and it went right over some heads lol. When I say it went right over some heads, I don't mean an airplane lol.

13 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Sometimes things should not be taken so seriously. When you were a kid, did you or anyone you knew ever say "I hate you!" Did you think it was actually true? Or...  I know some folks who say, "Kill me now!" when something seems too difficult. No one thinks they actually want to be killed

That is why every team must know how to execute the gameplan.

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Oh sometimes some of these posts in here just makes me want to jump off a cliff. Mr Bean Thumbs Up GIF

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

This is strange one because they don’t have much of a WR core and going to be relying on a older WR. Also they mainly run the ball. He’d be asked to do much more there. Which might be harder on his body. 

1 hour ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

TY doesn’t strike me as the type of player who would uproot his family for one more year with a different team especially after being upfront about considering retirement.  Wish him the best if he takes that road though.

1 hour ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

yes les snead finds a way to get elite talent

Yeah,   he pushes the bill into the future.   They will at some point be in cap hell.   But they are ready to win now,   so if they can win superbowls the sting won't be as hard to accept when it crashes

Archived