Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What we are hearing__on Twitter, Reddit, Podcasts, from fans, on sports radio, etc.

NFLfan

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I just get tired of hearing about potential then players don’t play. Can we get someone that can actually start and make a immediate impact. 6th and 7th round WR aren’t going to cut it. If they had potential they would be playing.

Ballard is pretty good at pulling of an occasional trade but hes beyond horrible at the free agency game. The word is out that if he makes an offer, it will be a low ball offer and they just move on or the agents don't even bother taking his calls. 

Does it ever occur to you folks that trash talk Ballard that perhaps some players that sign elsewhere just don't want to play in Indianapolis?  The city is nicknamed "Naptown" for a reason.

Players sign free agent contracts because of location, taxes, and connections just as much as they do for money. Former coaches, former teammates and the older guys for that one last shot to win a Super Bowl or states with no/low taxes and location location location as a real estate agent would say. 

So while you are whining about this free agent or that trade or whatever you should consider that the Colts may have never been a prime destination for them to begin with. 

Some of y'all are really lacking in the common sense arena.

Ask yourself this, over the years that you have been a fan of the Colts thru the Polian days, or the Grigson days and even now into the Ballard days - how many big time free agents ever signed with the Indianapolis Colts. Zero. That's how many. Is that a coincidence that the current and past two GM's were never able to lure these big timers to play in Naptown?

Would I love to have a splash signing for the Colts, absolutely, but let's be realistic here and understand that it will likely never happen. 

3 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Ballard is pretty good at pulling of an occasional trade but hes beyond horrible at the free agency game. The word is out that if he makes an offer, it will be a low ball offer and they just move on or the agents don't even bother taking his calls. 

Your opinion. Those very same agents that you speak of disagree. 

I doubt “agents won’t take his calls” or whatever.

That said, I remember reading in the agent GM ranking they basically said they like him because he doesn’t play games, sets a price and doesn’t budge or try to lower it. Which, not willing to budge isn’t gonna get you top tier guys but it is what it is. Seems like agents just like him because he’s transparent.

11 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Does it ever occur to you folks that trash talk Ballard that perhaps some players that sign elsewhere just don't want to play in Indianapolis?  The city is nicknamed "Naptown" for a reason.

Players sign free agent contracts because of location, taxes, and connections just as much as they do for money. Former coaches, former teammates and the older guys for that one last shot to win a Super Bowl or states with no/low taxes and location location location as a real estate agent would say. 

So while you are whining about this free agent or that trade or whatever you should consider that the Colts may have never been a prime destination for them to begin with. 

Some of y'all are really lacking in the common sense arena.

Ask yourself this, over the years that you have been a fan of the Colts thru the Polian days, or the Grigson days and even now into the Ballard days - how many big time free agents ever signed with the Indianapolis Colts. Zero. That's how many. Is that a coincidence that the current and past two GM's were never able to lure these big timers to play in Naptown?

Would I love to have a splash signing for the Colts, absolutely, but let's be realistic here and understand that it will likely never happen. 

I think the money is the biggest factor. Sure location and taxes plays a role to some players. But there are other cities that aren't "exciting" that get FAs (Green Bay, Buffalo, Cinci, AZ, etc... I would pick Indy over all those options and probably a couple more. 

40 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

sigh it never changes with Ballard smh Colts deserve better from him...inexcusable 

And it never changes from the fans that expect him to change.  Like it or not this is who he is.  If fans would accept that (accepting doesn’t mean agreeing) they would be a lot less surprised each off-season.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I love Hilton but I'm hoping he leaves

Yeah, I mean I think he would be a good 3WR if we could get some more help..

Hes one of those players I would hate if he left and did really well.. lol

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

And it never changes from the fans that expect him to change.  Like it or not this is who he is.  If fans would accept that (accepting doesn’t mean agreeing) they would be a lot less surprised each off-season.

If he isn’t going to adjust then he needs to step down. Because it isn’t working. I will give him until after the draft since we have a QB now  but it’s getting old.  There was no use trading for Ryan if your not going to help him. 

Just now, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

If he isn’t going to adjust then he needs to step down. Because it isn’t working. I will give him until after the draft since we have a QB now  but it’s getting old.  There was no use trading for Ryan if your not going to help him. 

Yeah that’s not going to happen and if Irsay really had a problem with it he would fire him for it.  He clearly doesn’t.  One thing has become clear, the Colts feel their roster is better than some fans do.  Time will tell who was right.

Youd be amazed what a veteran qb can do with WR you think are average or unproven. Some of yall are acting spoiled. He said hed add to the group. What he didnt say is hed do it when you wanted it! Let the man roll out his plan.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Youd be amazed what a veteran qb can do with WR you think are average or unproven. Some of yall are acting spoiled. He said hed add to the group. What he didnt say is hed do it when you wanted it! Let the man roll out his plan.

No kidding some of the people freaking out over the WR position now just a couple of weeks were freaking out over the QB position and saying Ballard needed to just do a move and be done with it.  Instead he took his time and got a guy most of those people are thrilled he got, and even more thrilled with the cost and here’s the kicker wasn’t available when they were yelling for him to just “do something”.  

Ballard has said from the very beginning he’s not a big believer in splash free agents and when you look at the prices some of these WRs are going for that’s going to be even more of a turnoff for him.  Unlike the QB position this draft is supposed to be very deep at WR.  I’ve felt all along that’s probably where he’s going to get a guy or two.  I also do think he expects the late rounds picks to either step up or not.  If you feel they have potential at some point you have to give them a chance and you can’t do that if you have big name free agents above them on the chart or if you do you just wasted a lot of money.  

Does that mean it’s guaranteed to work?  Of course not but very few things in the NFL are.

8 minutes ago, krunk said:

Agreed. But why would you not want to help out your veteran QB with a talented veteran WR? Makes his job a heck of a lot easier.

Archived