Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Eagles release DT Cox

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

I would try to get Cox if we are serious about a loaded DL. No one will be able to stop us at least in our division. That would help with the push down the middle. What we lost with Autry, we will get back with him easily.

Cox plays the same position as Buckner.  He’s a 3-down player.   Where would he play?  He’s not a nose tackle.   He’s a 3-tech.

11 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

We won’t fork…correction, Frugal Ballard won’t spend the kind of money to land FC or any top tier talent for that fact.

He's most likely re-signing with the Eagles anyhow. But like NCF mentioned in the post above, Cox is a 3T, so him and Buckner would be splitting reps a lot. Not a great use of cap space.

13 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

We won’t fork…correction, Frugal Ballard won’t spend the kind of money to land FC or any top tier talent for that fact.

It’s not just necessarily Ballard, he seems to be open to a lot of players, but those players also need to be willing to come to Indy as a location which seems to be a historical issue for the franchise

14 hours ago, Shive said:

He's most likely re-signing with the Eagles anyhow. But like NCF mentioned in the post above, Cox is a 3T, so him and Buckner would be splitting reps a lot. Not a great use of cap space.

Thats why they thought they could get a less expensive Justin Jones for breathers for Buckner and it did not work out. But I was right on the fact that they needed quality depth even if it’s for 20% of snaps a game .

I wouldn’t mind Calais Campbell or Akiem Hicks on a 1 year deal for depth.

Archived