Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)

Bert Johns

I feel it is relevant to create this poll again based on all of the recent changes.

Play calling has improved, but overall the same offense is being ran. To Chris Ballard's credit, the defense is a top 5 NFL defense. 

With all of that being said, do you think Chris Ballard should be fired at the end of this season? 

13 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I feel it is relevant to create this poll again based on all of the recent changes.

Play calling has improved, but overall the same offense is being ran. To Chris Ballard's credit, the defense is a top 5 NFL defense. 

With all of that being said, do you think Chris Ballard should be fired at the end of this season? 

You were expecting a new offense?   A new playbook?

When you can’t pass block and struggle to run block it doesn’t matter what offense you run.  

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

When you can’t pass block and struggle to run block it doesn’t matter what offense you run.  

where did i say that i expected anything? 

• Like 1

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

You said the Colts were running the same offense.   You stated it as a bad thing.   

where did i say it was a bad thing? I just stated it.

stop trying to put words in my mouth, its gross

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

where did i say it was a bad thing? I just stated it.

stop trying to put words in my mouth, its gross

Ok….   Now you’ve decided not to be honest.   

You stated the defense is top-5.    You summed up your post by asking if Ballard should be fired.   If the defense is very good then the natural inference is you’re not happy with the offense.   Period. 

That’s how the English language works.   You can lie to yourself all you want.  But if lie to others like me, then expect to get called on it.   Period. 

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ok….   Now you’ve decided not to be honest.   

You stated the defense is top-5.    You summed up your post by asking if Ballard should be fired.   If the defense is very good then the natural inference is you’re not happy with the offense.   Period. 

That’s how the English language works.   You can lie to yourself all you want.  But if lie to others like me, then expect to get called on it.   Period. 

wow... now im a liar?

you're on one.

I stated that the offensive playbook is the same as a disclaimer when evaluating Ballard.

--> disclaimer because some element related to that means we could possibly see our talent on offense look different, with a different coach.................

hopefully that clears it up for you. again, don't put words in my mouth, and don't call me a liar just because you want a certain narrative. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Clearly English is not your strong suit.  You struggle badly to say I retry simple and straight forward things.   And above all you HATE Being told you’re wrong.  

Which only puts you in very select company around here.  

If you don’t like my comments feel free to out me on ignore.   That’s your right.  Even when you’re wrong.    Good luck. 

(im a liar, and im bad at english?)

I feel like you just don't like me. And that's fine, but you shouldn't be taking personal shots at me. 

And how can I be wrong about my own intent? You think you know what I'm trying to say, and I don't? That's interesting. 

"Play calling has improved, but overall the same offense is being ran. To Chris Ballard's credit, the defense is a top 5 NFL defense. "

I don't say the offense is bad there. I don't see the playbook is bad either. I just say its the same playbook, that's it that's all. Since you want to tell me how I feel, I guess I'll clear up my thoughts on the offense as a whole. 

I don't think they're bad, I think they're inconsistent. I also don't think that playbook is bad either. I just think there's some things we do well, and some things we do very bad at.

But again, if you don't like me that's fine, but don't try and put words in my mouth, and don't try and tell me how I feel about something, it's just weird. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Clearly English is not your strong suit.  You struggle badly to say I retry simple and straight forward things. 

It must not be my strong suit.. because I've got no idea what that sentence means. LOL

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

It must not be my strong suit.. because I've got no idea what that sentence means. LOL

Well….  I’m confident I know English, but even I can’t make heads or tails what the heck that was?!?   And I have my super secret media de-coder ring!    I’ll take the hit on that one and give myself an  :facepalm:

I earned that.       :giveup:

1 hour ago, AustinnKaine said:

yes

53 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

(im a liar, and im bad at english?)

I feel like you just don't like me. And that's fine, but you shouldn't be taking personal shots at me. 

And how can I be wrong about my own intent? You think you know what I'm trying to say, and I don't? That's interesting. 

"Play calling has improved, but overall the same offense is being ran. To Chris Ballard's credit, the defense is a top 5 NFL defense. "

I don't say the offense is bad there. I don't see the playbook is bad either. I just say its the same playbook, that's it that's all. Since you want to tell me how I feel, I guess I'll clear up my thoughts on the offense as a whole. 

I don't think they're bad, I think they're inconsistent. I also don't think that playbook is bad either. I just think there's some things we do well, and some things we do very bad at.

But again, if you don't like me that's fine, but don't try and put words in my mouth, and don't try and tell me how I feel about something, it's just weird. 

it is hard to reason with someone who thinks he is smarter than most on here

2 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

it is hard to reason with someone who thinks he is smarter than most on here

I try to take each converesations as it's own, ya know? Not always going to agree with each other, but I think at least I can be respectful. I may tell someone I think their logic is bad, or I think their argument is bad, but I don't take shots at people personally.  

at the end of the day we all love the colts, and love talking about the colts, otherwise we wouldn't be on this board together

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s hard to reason with people who think 2+2=4 is an opinion question and not a factual question.   

based on what i've seen so far, I think Ballard is the next in line to get fired. LT, RG, QB, TE, DE, CB 

all holes...

I supported ballard a lot in the beginning. but honestly, it's really hard to hide those vacancies. If you remove Gilmore, our secondary is toast. Burnt toast. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I try to take each converesations as it's own, ya know? Not always going to agree with each other, but I think at least I can be respectful. I may tell someone I think their logic is bad, or I think their argument is bad, but I don't take shots at people personally.  

at the end of the day we all love the colts, and love talking about the colts, otherwise we wouldn't be on this board together

I agree colts fans should not be rude to one another on this board, some posters are cyber bullies by nature

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OLD FAN MAN said:

I agree colts fans should not be rude to one another on this board, some posters are cyber bullies by nature

im such a huge colts fan i tend to agree. really one of my favorite colts related things other than going to a game is talking to other fans here on the board. the only thing i tend to attack is the argument itself. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't expect a new playbook.

And I expected mostly same stuff from Parks the first couple weeks. 

Jeff said he'd be more "simplified" right now, so not shocked. 

And I'd guess Jeff's first priority is the OL at first. 

But.. I do expect more "new" in the future. And we've already seen more focus on, and seems different route combo (especially with Parris) already. Parris's route chart last week was a picture of balance (inside vs outside). 

And we have seen more blocking help (at least last week). Which was a nice change. 

• Thanks 1

Was listening to the blue stable podcast yesterday.  They were talking about how there were vet left tackles available well after FA starting and how Ballard failed. Named mentioned Duane Brown and even Jason peters.  They went on to say that just for that Ballard should be fired.  I can’t remember if they were still out there after we traded for Ryan or not. We don’t know if he tried or not but they mentioned it should of been easy to get one with Matt Ryan.  It’s also a two way street so we dont know what went on behind the scenes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 3:27 PM, AustinnKaine said:

Top  5 really?? Since thy have played some balanced offences they have look like crap.

• 3 weeks later...

We can find backup RBs all over the place. Hines is showing his skills as a return man that our brilliant coaches didn't take enough advantage of. For that matter if they had a clue how to use him as a RB he would have done better as well. 

• Like 1