Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)

Bert Johns

On 4/26/2022 at 4:00 PM, hoosierhawk said:

SBNation Reacts: 92% Of Colts Fans Are Confident Team Is Headed in Right Direction

I take it that there are several on here that wasn't part of SBNations survey!

Seems players are too.  More than one said they wanted to come to Indy because they see a loaded team.  I remember before I think the Pats game last year one of the guys on the Pats said you turn on the Colts tape and think how is this team not undefeated?  I think we are so critical of the team because we are so close and tend to take the good for granted.  This is a good team with a good roster mostly built by the current GM.  Is it perfect?  No, but what team in the NFL is?  

I think the unanswered question is how much did Carson Wentz hold the team back last year?  If you ask most fans, players around the league, the media that covers the league and most importantly the Colts brain trust themselves the answer is a lot.  I do think there are some fans who feel the answer is not much which is why they aren’t confident in things getting better because they don’t buy the theory the Colts seem to be selling that Wentz was the major issue.  Unfortunately we aren’t going to get an answer to this question until well into the season so until it’s probably going to be debated.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Seems players are too.  More than one said they wanted to come to Indy because they see a loaded team.  I remember before I think the Pats game last year one of the guys on the Pats said you turn on the Colts tape and think how is this team not undefeated?  I think we are so critical of the team because we are so close and tend to take the good for granted.  This is a good team with a good roster mostly built by the current GM.  Is it perfect?  No, but what team in the NFL is?  

I think the unanswered question is how much did Carson Wentz hold the team back last year?  If you ask most fans, players around the league, the media that covers the league and most importantly the Colts brain trust themselves the answer is a lot.  I do think there are some fans who feel the answer is not much which is why they aren’t confident in things getting better because they don’t buy the theory the Colts seem to be selling that Wentz was the major issue.  Unfortunately we aren’t going to get an answer to this question until well into the season so until it’s probably going to be debated.

Well said, couldn't agree more. I've been trying to scream it from the rooftops for awhile now. If you listen to Ballard's most recent presser he even goes on to say that it's a misnomer that even the best teams don't have holes. All teams have strengths and weaknesses. Winning can be done a variety of ways and any fanbase including this one can definitely be overly critical. 

I think this squad will be both more consistent and a more sound football team. I really like our chances at being competitive against the top teams in the NFL this upcoming season. If we stay healthy, who knows how high this team can go. We have plenty of the pieces. 

Far more excited and confident going into this upcoming year than I was last season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/27/2022 at 8:27 PM, GoColts8818 said:

Yes u can blame Carson. However, uou cannot blame him for the horrible pass rush. I feel with the new attack style and Yannik and the 2nd year players, they will thrive.

• Like 3

I understand how folks feel when we aren't swinging for the fences but this front office is different and is not going to change no matter how much 'fans' want them to. It starts with Irsay believing in Ballard's plan and approach to roster building. So one really needs to take in the whole offseason to truly understand why our FO is one of the best in the business.....my humble opinion of course!

1. The roster as it was at the beginning of the OFFSEASON was missing a few things, however, it is still a playoff caliber roster prior to the offseason shenanigans started.

2. Instead of focusing solely on free agency 'fans' should focus on all aspects of the roster building process from FA to Trades to the Draft to the UDFA period to roster cut down day......

3. Re-signing our own productive players is usually a good practice to follow, so re-signing Tell, Dulin, Cox, Franklin, Lewis and Pryor was good for the roster. This is far too often overlooked ESPECIALLY when the new Defensive Coordinator identified the players he wanted to retain for his new defensive scheme.

4. Then the three trades where Ballard dumped Wentz on the Commanders, then used a 3rd on Ryan and lastly - Ya-Sin for Ngakoue - all of which were brilliant moves in and of itself but then the rest of the picture that unfolds after these trades is spectacular too.

5. The FO then signs Facyson and Gilmore as our number one and number two corners to add to Moore as the NB is going to be HUGE for this defense.

6. Signing Rodney McLeod is an under the radar signing of a very solid veteran safety that has started over 100 games in his past. The veteran presence in the video room, on the practice field and mixed and matched with our other young players like Willis and Blackman (and now Cross) on the field will pay dividends.

7. The signings of Tony Brown, Armani Watts and Brandon King shouldn't go unnoticed either as they are all excellent special teamers - which only helps us retain our highly rated special teams units.

8. Then the draft happened and they added 8 guys that will fill specific needs on the roster as starters, depth or future starters to replace aging veterans. Most notably among them is the Z WR, Y TE and LT. Cross in my opinion will become what Hooker was supposed to be as a true deep safety in the cover 3. Ogletree is likely Cox's long term replacement. The two DLineman will provide immediate depth and Thomas II sounds very much like a Marvell Tell conversion to CB in the making.

9. Then the UDFA period hit and man did we bring in some very talented players with draftable grades on them......Safety's Trevor Denbow, and Sterling Weatherford; CB Dallis Flowers; LB's Domann, Ryhne and Skalski; DE's Patchan and Wick; QB Jack Coan; RB's Borghi, Price and Verdell; OLineman French, Mollette, Glaser, Seltzner and Van Demark; 

Of these fella's Sterling Weatherford and JoJo Domann  both have a real chance at the Kam Chancellor position in Gus Bradley's scheme (if they are trying to recreate the Legion of Boom of course) with the draftee Nick Cross playing the Deep Safety role. 

Jack Coan has a solid chance of earning QB2 over Ehlinger and most certainly a spot on the PS as the scout team QB.

At least one of those RB's has a chance to make the squad as the 3rd RB - most likely Price in my mind because he is the bigger, every down back should they need one to spell JT. Hines is already the skatback so to me that makes Borghi PS material.

On the Oline Van Demark has an excellent opportunity to earn the Swing Tackle role at the very least. The other guys listed have an opportunity to earn PS roles as interior OLinemen based off of their talent levels.

10. Honorable mentions go out to the signings of Jordan Murray and Brandon Kemp as they will have a say so in who ends up in that swing tackle role as well.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I understand how folks feel when we aren't swinging for the fences but this front office is different and is not going to change no matter how much 'fans' want them to. It starts with Irsay believing in Ballard's plan and approach to roster building. So one really needs to take in the whole offseason to truly understand why our FO is one of the best in the business.....my humble opinion of course!

1. The roster as it was at the beginning of the OFFSEASON was missing a few things, however, it is still a playoff caliber roster prior to the offseason shenanigans started.

2. Instead of focusing solely on free agency 'fans' should focus on all aspects of the roster building process from FA to Trades to the Draft to the UDFA period to roster cut down day......

3. Re-signing our own productive players is usually a good practice to follow, so re-signing Tell, Dulin, Cox, Franklin, Lewis and Pryor was good for the roster. This is far too often overlooked ESPECIALLY when the new Defensive Coordinator identified the players he wanted to retain for his new defensive scheme.

4. Then the three trades where Ballard dumped Wentz on the Commanders, then used a 3rd on Ryan and lastly - Ya-Sin for Ngakoue - all of which were brilliant moves in and of itself but then the rest of the picture that unfolds after these trades is spectacular too.

5. The FO then signs Facyson and Gilmore as our number one and number two corners to add to Moore as the NB is going to be HUGE for this defense.

6. Signing Rodney McLeod is an under the radar signing of a very solid veteran safety that has started over 100 games in his past. The veteran presence in the video room, on the practice field and mixed and matched with our other young players like Willis and Blackman (and now Cross) on the field will pay dividends.

7. The signings of Tony Brown, Armani Watts and Brandon King shouldn't go unnoticed either as they are all excellent special teamers - which only helps us retain our highly rated special teams units.

8. Then the draft happened and they added 8 guys that will fill specific needs on the roster as starters, depth or future starters to replace aging veterans. Most notably among them is the Z WR, Y TE and LT. Cross in my opinion will become what Hooker was supposed to be as a true deep safety in the cover 3. Ogletree is likely Cox's long term replacement. The two DLineman will provide immediate depth and Thomas II sounds very much like a Marvell Tell conversion to CB in the making.

9. Then the UDFA period hit and man did we bring in some very talented players with draftable grades on them......Safety's Trevor Denbow, and Sterling Weatherford; CB Dallis Flowers; LB's Domann, Ryhne and Skalski; DE's Patchan and Wick; QB Jack Coan; RB's Borghi, Price and Verdell; OLineman French, Mollette, Glaser, Seltzner and Van Demark; 

Of these fella's Sterling Weatherford and JoJo Domann  both have a real chance at the Kam Chancellor position in Gus Bradley's scheme (if they are trying to recreate the Legion of Boom of course) with the draftee Nick Cross playing the Deep Safety role. 

Jack Coan has a solid chance of earning QB2 over Ehlinger and most certainly a spot on the PS as the scout team QB.

At least one of those RB's has a chance to make the squad as the 3rd RB - most likely Price in my mind because he is the bigger, every down back should they need one to spell JT. Hines is already the skatback so to me that makes Borghi PS material.

On the Oline Van Demark has an excellent opportunity to earn the Swing Tackle role at the very least. The other guys listed have an opportunity to earn PS roles as interior OLinemen based off of their talent levels.

10. Honorable mentions go out to the signings of Jordan Murray and Brandon Kemp as they will have a say so in who ends up in that swing tackle role as well.....

Bravo!!    Very well done!!    This will easily be my favorite post of the day, maybe even of the week!!    It’s not that I agree with every point, I don’t — but most.   But I do love how smart and thoughtful it is!    This is why I stay an active member, for posts like this!    :lombardi:

:colts:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I didn't like the shirt Ballard wore on the Saturday of the draft.

(There weren't many Ballard complaints lately.  I'd hate to see this thread die out.)

I didn't have a problem with Saturdays shirt but the one he had on Friday was underwhelming to say the least.

On 4/28/2022 at 11:43 AM, cjrulli said:

Well said, couldn't agree more. I've been trying to scream it from the rooftops for awhile now. If you listen to Ballard's most recent presser he even goes on to say that it's a misnomer that even the best teams don't have holes. All teams have strengths and weaknesses. Winning can be done a variety of ways and any fanbase including this one can definitely be overly critical. 

The bold has me so thoroughly confused lol

47 minutes ago, Jackie Daytona said:

The bold has me so thoroughly confused lol

Lol misnomer is definitely the wrong word. Basically, Ballard was saying that even the great teams that win still have weaknesses/gaps/lack of positional depth on their team. He was being questioned about depth if I recall. 

To me, many fans have a misconception that the teams that make these runs in the playoffs don’t have weaknesses or are significantly better than our roster. Sure the teams are built different than Indy and I think that’s what gets to some fans. They see a specific strategy working well for a few years and it becomes easy to assume you can’t win another way. I just don’t follow that line of thinking, I think there are a couple of different ways to make a run and I think Indy is down one of those paths. Strong defensive play with high turnovers, efficient spread offense with a featured run game.

• Thanks 2

On 5/9/2022 at 12:27 PM, cjrulli said:

Lol misnomer is definitely the wrong word. Basically, Ballard was saying that even the great teams that win still have weaknesses/gaps/lack of positional depth on their team. He was being questioned about depth if I recall. 

To me, many fans have a misconception that the teams that make these runs in the playoffs don’t have weaknesses or are significantly better than our roster. Sure the teams are built different than Indy and I think that’s what gets to some fans. They see a specific strategy working well for a few years and it becomes easy to assume you can’t win another way. I just don’t follow that line of thinking, I think there are a couple of different ways to make a run and I think Indy is down one of those paths. Strong defensive play with high turnovers, efficient spread offense with a featured run game.

Yup!

Salary caps more or less ensure that all teams carry some weaknesses.  Otherwise the New York teams would probably overwhelm teams in smaller, poorer markets like Indy with loads of talent (not many wouldn’t want to live in NYC/LA while making millions vs like Fishers or something lol).  This actually makes it interesting - find weaknesses, try to exploit.

The only way you get an overpowered team is if everyone stacks on a team and is willing to take less money to win a championship.  I personally feel that is what happened with Tampa when Brady joined… yet look where that got them last year!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

I'm curious where the general consencus had Eric Johnson and Rodney Thomas ranked. I loved the day 2 picks and Brooks where they went, I had Johnson as a 6th though, and Rodney Thomas undrafted, so I disagree that they were good values or a steal. Wondering if there's some info out there about them if they fell according to other teams boards, or even the Colts board.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 4:45 PM, Scott Pennock said:

just too many maybe they will be good and unproven talent and wishful thinking to compete with the proven talent titans, a typical ballard roster

23 hours ago, DEFENSE said:

just too many maybe they will be good and unproven talent and wishful thinking to compete with the proven talent titans, a typical ballard roster

Proven talent Titans? Seriously? You should go look at their roster, man for man the Colts are more talented 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Proven talent Titans? Seriously? You should go look at their roster, man for man the Colts are more talented 

Agreed. The only positions they are better at talent wise is at corner and maybe slightly at safety just because of Byard. 

19 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Agreed. The only positions they are better at talent wise is at corner and maybe slightly at safety just because of Byard. 

Titans were the second best run defense last season, and their pass D was top 10 in most stat categories. 

I think total D, they were right outside the top 10, Their DL certainly whipped us around the field. 

If Henry is back and healed, they'll be very solid everywhere but perhaps the passing O. But even the passing O will likely be decent. They added a first round WR (Burks). Woods was hurt last season, but he'll start and likely be very solid. Westbrook Ikhine emerged last season. And they added Hooper at TE. So not really any obvious holes. 

So the roster isn't really isn't bad at all. Now if we see Willis/Tannehill drama, that could change a lot of things. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Titans were the second best run defense last season, and their pass D was top 10 in most stat categories. 

I think total D, they were right outside the top 10, Their DL certainly whipped us around the field. 

If Henry is back and healed, they'll be very solid everywhere but perhaps the passing O. But even the passing O will likely be decent. They added a first round WR (Burks). Woods was hurt last season, but he'll start and likely be very solid. Westbrook Ikhine emerged last season. And they added Hooper at TE. So not really any obvious holes. 

So the roster isn't really isn't bad at all. Now if we see Willis/Tannehill drama, that could change a lot of things. 

Titans are far from solid at OL and WR. And I didn’t say their roster was bad. I said the Colts have a better roster. Their defense certainly is top 10, but they have serious questions on the offense and special teams. 

5 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Titans are far from solid at OL and WR. And I didn’t say their roster was bad. I said the Colts have a better roster. Their defense certainly is top 10, but they have serious questions on the offense and special teams. 

Their OL was ranked about he same as Indy last season lol. Both horrible pass pros. 

We are replacing LT and RG. They are replacing LG and RT. So very similar all things considered. 

They'll have Radunz and Petite Frere competing for RT, and IMO, they'll find a good one out of those two. The loser might even end up at LG and be good. Brewer, their LG candidate, had a solid rook season but struggled last year, but no more than some of our guys did. So in short, our OLs have similar holes, and both are counting on new faces. But they at least have their LT of the future on paper.

Comparing pass catchers...

Burks - their 1st round pick...  will likely be a day one stud, or at minimum, stud by late season. He was called a smoother AJ Brown with more wiggle. And he arguably played best of all the WRs in the draft against high end competition on a consistent basis. He killed Bama's D. Not many WRs can say that. He's well rounded already (unlike Pierce) so will be counted on early and a lot. And he fits really well into their O. 

Woods is good/great. He's aging. But before he got injured later in the season, he was on track for 1000ish yards. He's a great vet. If he's healthy (cough cough like Campbell), he'll produce. As much or more production than our WR2 from last season.

NWI - emerged late last season. Not saying he'll be a tier one type of guy, but he's not bad for WR3. He had a ton of productivity in college across his years at IU. He's still young, so assume he's only going to improve too. He got more production last season than Dulin for us, who could very well be our WR3 to start the season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Their OL was ranked about he same as Indy last season lol. Both horrible pass pros. 

We are replacing LT and RG. They are replacing LG and RT. So very similar all things considered. 

They'll have Radunz and Petite Frere competing for RT, and IMO, they'll find a good one out of those two. The loser might even end up at LG and be good. Brewer, their LG candidate, had a solid rook season but struggled last year, but no more than some of our guys did. So in short, our OLs have similar holes, and both are counting on new faces. But they at least have their LT of the future on paper.

Comparing pass catchers...

Burks - their 1st round pick...  will likely be a day one stud, or at minimum, stud by late season. He was called a smoother AJ Brown with more wiggle. And he arguably played best of all the WRs in the draft against high end competition on a consistent basis. He killed Bama's D. Not many WRs can say that. He's well rounded already (unlike Pierce) so will be counted on early and a lot. And he fits really well into their O. 

Woods is good/great. He's aging. But before he got injured later in the season, he was on track for 1000ish yards. He's a great vet. If he's healthy (cough cough like Campbell), he'll produce. As much or more production than our WR2 from last season.

NWI - emerged late last season. Not saying he'll be a tier one type of guy, but he's not bad for WR3. He had a ton of productivity in college across his years at IU. He's still young, so assume he's only going to improve too. He got more production last season than Dulin for us, who could very well be our WR3 to start the season.

Indy already has guys in place to replace those OL positions though. They have Pinter who played well at both C and OG, and they have Pryor who arguably played better than Fischer did for them at LT last year. Plus they added steal Bernhard Raimann and Dennis Kelly as insurance. 

For the Titans, they maybe have someone who can replace their pro bowl LG in Saffold with Brewer, but he obviously won't be as good. At RT, they don't have anyone unless their very raw 3rd rounder Petit-Frere surprises. Dillon Radunz looks like he could be a bust 2nd round pick for them last year. He can't get on the field and the Titans coaches won't label him at a position which means he isn't standing out anywhere on the OL. 

And LOL on Burks being a day 1 stud. He has had so many issues with conditioning, and that was made known when he had a poor combine showing. Are you a Titans fan in disguise? And no Woods is not great at this point in his late career. He'll be solid, that's it. 

49 minutes ago, DEFENSE said:

if ballard has us with better talent why dont we win our division

Cause our HC can be a doofus sometimes. Vrabel is a much better HC over Reich. And they would have won it in 2020 had a COVID outbreak not happened against the 2nd Titans game at home. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Indy already has guys in place to replace those OL positions though. They have Pinter who played well at both C and OG, and they have Pryor who arguably played better than Fischer did for them at LT last year. Plus they added steal Bernhard Raimann and Dennis Kelly as insurance. 

For the Titans, they maybe have someone who can replace their pro bowl LG in Saffold with Brewer, but he obviously won't be as good. At RT, they don't have anyone unless their very raw 3rd rounder Petit-Frere surprises. Dillon Radunz looks like he could be a bust 2nd round pick for them last year. He can't get on the field and the Titans coaches won't label him at a position which means he isn't standing out anywhere on the OL. 

And LOL on Burks being a day 1 stud. He has had so many issues with conditioning, and that was made known when he had a poor combine showing. Are you a Titans fan in disguise? And no Woods is not great at this point in his late career. He'll be solid, that's it. 

No, I hate the Titans lol. I'm just objective. 

Burks has asthma that's acted up. It's not general conditioning. It's way early, he'll be fine.

If you want to assume he'll never get past the asthma (like he has every year in college, OK, lol.

I'm optimistic about our OL newbs. More optimistic than the majority. I like Pryor, which some fans, not so much. But it is LT, which is the most important position on the OL. I'm confident in PInter too. Regardless, we're rolling the dice just like TN is. Radunz and NPF are two great prospects competing for RT, a less important position than LT. The loser likely to compete at LG. You're assuming our wildcards will automatically succeed, and there wildcards will automatically fail.

If you look at their OL, their LT and C will be better than ours. Our RT and LG will be better than theirs. RG is likely a push. It's that simple. Not really a clear "winner" lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EastStreet said:

No, I hate the Titans lol. I'm just objective. 

Burks has asthma that's acted up. It's not general conditioning. It's way early, he'll be fine.

If you want to assume he'll never get past the asthma (like he has every year in college, OK, lol.

I'm optimistic about our OL newbs. More optimistic than the majority. I like Pryor, which some fans, not so much. But it is LT, which is the most important position on the OL. I'm confident in PInter too. Regardless, we're rolling the dice just like TN is. Radunz and NPF are two great prospects competing for RT, a less important position than LT. The loser likely to compete at LG. You're assuming our wildcards will automatically succeed, and there wildcards will automatically fail.

If you look at their OL, their LT and C will be better than ours. Our RT and LG will be better than theirs. RG is likely a push. It's that simple. Not really a clear "winner" lol

How will their C be better than ours? Ryan Kelly has made pro bowls. Ben Jones has not. Jones is also a 4 years older. You're higher on Radunz than you should be. I'm telling you I live in Nashville, and everyone is down on Radunz here. And Petit-Frere is very raw so there's no telling if he'll work out either. 

As for Burks, his rap has always been that he is not the most explosive athlete, and that he relies on his stride length to beat defenders. He also is not a good route runner at this point in his career. He could work out if he's used like AJ Brown was, which gets him the ball on quick slants taking advantage of his size to beat smaller DBs. But he is not in the same class as AJ in terms of physical condition and explosiveness. 

8 hours ago, BProland85 said:

How will their C be better than ours? Ryan Kelly has made pro bowls. Ben Jones has not. Jones is also a 4 years older. You're higher on Radunz than you should be. I'm telling you I live in Nashville, and everyone is down on Radunz here. And Petit-Frere is very raw so there's no telling if he'll work out either. 

As for Burks, his rap has always been that he is not the most explosive athlete, and that he relies on his stride length to beat defenders. He also is not a good route runner at this point in his career. He could work out if he's used like AJ Brown was, which gets him the ball on quick slants taking advantage of his size to beat smaller DBs. But he is not in the same class as AJ in terms of physical condition and explosiveness. 

Kelly had a very down year. The PB was a popularity contest. Kelly had a PFF of 56.9. Jones 77.8. You can poo poo PFF if you want, but that's a 20 pt difference, and it's smack you in the face obvious IMO. 

Radunz and NPF are fighting for RT lol... which is less important that LT, where are battle is. And Radunz and NPF are two very good young prospects. One is 2nd year, the other a rook. Writing either off is silly. If I had to bet, one will take over RT and do decent, the other will move to OG and be decent. 

Your take on Burks is almost directly opposite of NFL.com draft profile and most others I've read. 

And he should be used like AJ Brown. He's been called a smoother AJ Brown with more wiggle. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2022 at 3:41 PM, Smonroe said:

I didn't like the shirt Ballard wore on the Saturday of the draft.

(There weren't many Ballard complaints lately.  I'd hate to see this thread die out.)

I don't  know about his shirts but what little I've seen of him he looks like he's really put on some weight.

On 4/26/2022 at 10:00 PM, hoosierhawk said:

SBNation Reacts: 92% Of Colts Fans Are Confident Team Is Headed in Right Direction

I take it that there are several on here that wasn't part of SBNations survey!

I wonder what those fans said last off season. Or the one before that. Or the one before that…. I bet most fans said the exact same thing every off season…

This team needs to start winning. The tough games. The division games. The playoff games. We haven’t won our division since 2014. We’re in the one of the top 2 weakest divisions in football and we can’t win it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Solid84 said:

I wonder what those fans said last off season. Or the one before that. Or the one before that…. I bet most fans said the exact same thing every off season…

This team needs to start winning. The tough games. The division games. The playoff games. We haven’t won our division since 2014. We’re in the one of the top 2 weakest divisions in football and we can’t win it. 

Yup.

And I think you also have to look at timing of polls. 

If you poll folks right after our collapse, probably a lot less optimism, or even interest in participating in a poll in the first place. 

If you poll folks right after we stumbled into getting lucky with Matt Ryan, certainly a lot of folks would be happier.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

if ballards receivers and pass rush dont live up to his hype this may be his last season here

Yep. People say Reich is on the hot seat but these two positions could cost him. We are kind of lacking depth on the Dline. He is the one that makes those decisions. Both are kind of on the hot seat. I think with Ryan though we will have a great season so they will be fine.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2022 at 5:33 PM, TaylorTheStudMuffin said:

Yep. People say Reich is on the hot seat but these two positions could cost him. We are kind of lacking depth on the Dline. He is the one that makes those decisions. Both are kind of on the hot seat. I think with Ryan though we will have a great season so they will be fine.

DL depth is OK. We have what are considered 4 good starters, and 2 pretty decent flex options in Lewis and Dayo. Not worried about NT (we only use a true NT about 60% of snaps). 3T would be a concern obviously if Defo went down, but tweeners Lewis and Dayo could easily fill in short term. Regardless, I think we have a solid 6 man rotation. 

48 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

DL depth is OK. We have what are considered 4 good starters, and 2 pretty decent flex options in Lewis and Dayo. Not worried about NT (we only use a true NT about 60% of snaps). 3T would be a concern obviously if Defo went down, but tweeners Lewis and Dayo could easily fill in short term. Regardless, I think we have a solid 6 man rotation. 

@AustinnKaine based on your emoji, did my post trigger you? 

Our DL ranks 11th in the preseason ranks, up 8 spot compared to last year's.