Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard FA Grievances Thread (Merge)

Bert Johns

**BREAKING**

I have a friend that is a dog lover and knows this guy who delivers dog shampoo to this other guy who is a dog groomer in Indy and he just told me that Ryan Kelly's dog was given to Jameis Winston and that the dog is staying in Indy.

Pondering Which One GIF by Moncho

• Haha 4

Ballard has shown us who he is for six years. I thought he might change course because he had to be worried about his job, but apparently he’ll continue to be a passive GM who values the wrong positions and delays gratification until finally Irsay tells him to quit coming to work. 

• Like 1

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

It's fun watching other teams actually spending money to improve their team. Someday we will get a GM that tries to do it too!

Yeah I really thought since his seat is hot that Ballard would be putting forth more effort. Then again it’s still early……

• Thanks 1

Shane MIGHT (has Ballard changed?) learn very quickly that he left from an aggressive franchise to one that is very calculated and sticks with its core process. Pay your own JAG types, hit bottom bin of FA, trade down and continue to play CHESS while other gms play checkers. I don't know how this has worked out for us so far in the last SIX years but I guess we'll just have to wait for the CONTINUED delayed gratification. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Wow, I can hardly keep up with all of these Colts FA signings!

Do you think Ballard is sitting back laughing or just took the day off?

I'm sure he's frantically, urgently, doing - uhhh - something.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Orioles22 said:

After last year, I hoped Ballard would be willing to make a couple of big signings to fill holes at corner and the offensive line to show fans and everyone else he's trying. He admitted he made mistakes. Time to fix some of them.

Not happening, don't u know by know he bargain bin shops as moths will fly out of his piggy bank.

I'm waiting for Ballads supporters to say "Free Agency hasn't officially started yet and you be complaining about no signings"?

Then next week "Free Agency isn't over! There are still some players left to sign".

Then a week later "I'm sure glad Ballard doesn't overpay".

haha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Indeee said:

**BREAKING**

I have a friend that is a dog lover and knows this guy who delivers dog shampoo to this other guy who is a dog groomer in Indy and he just told me that Ryan Kelly's dog was given to Jameis Winston and that the dog is staying in Indy.

Pondering Which One GIF by Moncho

Does the shampoo come with the dog

Ballard is getting comical and embarrassing at this point. At least we used to have cap space available in FA when we didn't sign anyone. Now he isn't even opening up cap space with any restructures or cuts to let us compete to sign FAs. Unless we are drafting Will Anderson, we should be building around our new franchise QB in FA and the draft while his contract is cheap. We aren't even releasing Ryan and Foles.

Not even upset about the lack of signings as I'm used to it, I'm upset that we aren't even trying to allow ourselves to sign a decent FA because of a lack of cap space. Ballard has gone from incompetent in FA, too stubborn, to sabotaging the team as he refuses to change his ways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ballard is getting comical and embarrassing at this point. At least we used to have cap space available in FA when we didn't sign anyone. Now he isn't even opening up cap space with any restructures or cuts to let us compete to sign FAs. Unless we are drafting Will Anderson, we should be building around our new franchise QB in FA and the draft while his contract is cheap. We aren't even releasing Ryan and Foles.

Not even upset about the lack of signings as I'm used to it, I'm upset that we aren't even trying to allow ourselves to sign a decent FA because of a lack of cap space. Ballard has gone from incompetent in FA, too stubborn, to sabotaging the team as he refuses to change his ways.

Still exercising deferred gratification I see............................................................

• Like 1

As a fan of both the Broncos and Colts, my personality is so different regarding these two teams. I feel like there is a genuine effort coming from the Broncos to actually compete as they are doing whatever it takes to build a team. At least there is an effort (whether it works or not). Meanwhile, there is no effort from Ballard to change his ways. He has had 7 years (starting this year) of being our GM, and he is refusing to change his philosophies on anything. He says he has to improve, but he changes nothing. 

Not releasing Ryan and Foles is just dumb. We need that cap room and there is 0 point in keeping them. The Jags have proven if you have a young, franchise QB, you can build through FA and the draft for a QB on a cheap contract. That's what our QB will be on, a cheap deal. Ballard finally gets a QB on a cheap contract. Why isn't he building around him? This is the one time it is most correct of any time to build around a QB. Not only are we not doing that (so far), but we are holding on to our other failures of QBs with albatross contracts. 

You could originally make an argument Ballard didn't want to build around a veteran QB, now he is not building around a rookie QB. In fact, he doesn't have any interest in opening up cap space at all it seems.

People can think I'm negative, but if you see how positive I am when the Broncos sign their guys and it puts me at a high, you'd change your mind. I want to be positive, but I question if Ballard is sabotaging this team at this point. Ballard is in his early 50s and he's acting like someone in his 90s who is a grumpy old man who refuses to adapt. It's embarrassing at this point. I hate to say it as I've worshipped this guy in the beginning two years and been excited for his pressers, but I want him fired. I was hoping he'd change his philosophy and get aggressive in FA, but not only are we not being aggressive in FA, but Ballard is becoming so lazy he's not even opening cap space and restructuring deals.

I think Ballard is on his way out and knows it, and his passion is gone, so he's not trying anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

My question was going to be, why haven't we cut Matt Ryan and Nick Foles yet? 

Hedging our bets come draft time? Heck I don’t know

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

As a fan of both the Broncos and Colts, my personality is so different regarding these two teams. I feel like there is a genuine effort coming from the Broncos to actually compete as they are doing whatever it takes to build a team. At least there is an effort (whether it works or not). Meanwhile, there is no effort from Ballard to change his ways. He has had 7 years (starting this year) of being our GM, and he is refusing to change his philosophies on anything. He says he has to improve, but he changes nothing. 

Not releasing Ryan and Foles is just dumb. We need that cap room and there is 0 point in keeping them. The Jags have proven if you have a young, franchise QB, you can build through FA and the draft for a QB on a cheap contract. That's what our QB will be on, a cheap deal. Ballard finally gets a QB on a cheap contract. Why isn't he building around him? This is the one time it is most correct of any time to build around a QB. Not only are we not doing that (so far), but we are holding on to our other failures of QBs with albatross contracts. 

You could originally make an argument Ballard didn't want to build around a veteran QB, now he is not building around a rookie QB. In fact, he doesn't have any interest in opening up cap space at all it seems.

People can think I'm negative, but if you see how positive I am when the Broncos sign their guys and it puts me at a high, you'd change your mind. I want to be positive, but I question if Ballard is sabotaging this team at this point. Ballard is in his early 50s and he's acting like someone in his 90s who is a grumpy old man who refuses to adapt. It's embarrassing at this point. I hate to say it as I've worshipped this guy in the beginning two years and been excited for his pressers, but I want him fired. I was hoping he'd change his philosophy and get aggressive in FA, but not only are we not being aggressive in FA, but Ballard is becoming so lazy he's not even opening cap space and restructuring deals.

I think Ballard is on his way out and knows it, and his passion is gone, so he's not trying anymore.

Wow you’ve really had some doozy level posts in the past but wow I’m speechless

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Hedging our bets come draft time? Heck I don’t know

Wow you’ve really had some doozy level posts in the past but wow I’m speechless

I literally expect it at this point, but I can't escape it with him as GM. I see other teams sign FAs and gain success, and I get frustrated. It brings out a defeatist attitude for me with this team. Why care? The Jags gained 6 wins with Lawrence with a big FA period last year and won a playoff game. Why doesn't Ballard copy that if we draft a QB? It's really frustrating every year, even if you know it's happening. Also frustrating seeing him not cut Ryan and Foles by now. At this point, his stubbornness is sinking this team, and laziness is starting to pop in as well with the lack of restructuring.