Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ochocinco

P-Money

I know alot of people don't like this guy but I can't help not liking him. He just announced that he's going to live with a fan for the first three weeks of the season. I love that he's always doing stuff for the fans. You don't see this too often in the sports world anymore.

My link

OIcho biggest problem always been he is a showboat, I DON'T THINK he ever caused a prbl till near the end in cinci (but seeing as how he did the same thing Dillon did I think he was worth the risk lol) and seeing as how Palmer wants out of Cinci as well seems the ship is sinking fast.

OIcho biggest problem always been he is a showboat, I DON'T THINK he ever caused a prbl till near the end in cinci (but seeing as how he did the same thing Dillon did I think he was worth the risk lol) and seeing as how Palmer wants out of Cinci as well seems the ship is sinking fast.

There was always that rumor about him throwing a punch at Marvin Lewis in the locker room during half-time of the play-off game where Palmer's knee got shredded.

Plus despite his good-guy image off the field, on the field he has shown numerous times to be a petulent child and there were numerous occasions, particularly around 2007 and 2008 where the camera showed him getting in Palmer's face on the sideline and visibly complaining coming off the field after a 3 and out.

Not saying he's a bad guy, just that he isn't as saintly as his feel-good antics would indicate.

BTW I'm not a big fan of the Ochocino signing - Pats biggest need offensively is a true deep threat ...even in his prime, Ochocinco was never really a deep threat, and last year that role went almost entirely to Owens. The Pats already have Deion Branch with whom Brady enjoys incredible chemistry with and I think at this stage in his career 85 is merely a good posession receiver ..not the answer to the receiver problems the Patriots have

There was always that rumor about him throwing a punch at Marvin Lewis in the locker room during half-time of the play-off game where Palmer's knee got shredded.

Plus despite his good-guy image off the field, on the field he has shown numerous times to be a petulent child and there were numerous occasions, particularly around 2007 and 2008 where the camera showed him getting in Palmer's face on the sideline and visibly complaining coming off the field after a 3 and out.

Not saying he's a bad guy, just that he isn't as saintly as his feel-good antics would indicate.

BTW I'm not a big fan of the Ochocino signing - Pats biggest need offensively is a true deep threat ...even in his prime, Ochocinco was never really a deep threat, and last year that role went almost entirely to Owens. The Pats already have Deion Branch with whom Brady enjoys incredible chemistry with and I think at this stage in his career 85 is merely a good posession receiver ..not the answer to the receiver problems the Patriots have

Complaining on the field (obviously not knowing wht was said) isnt a bad thing I want my players passionate. I also say Moss was a lot larger gamble.

As for the Pats needs on WR, they do NOT need a deep threat, IMO thats so over rated, they still had an amazing passing game without moss and Brady was actually BETTER without the deep threat. That said they need more out of the run game keep teams like the Jets honest thus why they added more rb and Olineman

Having players voice their opinions isn't always a bad thing. Even Peyton does it. A 3 and out should light a fire on the sidelines. Anyways I started this thread about how Chad treats the fans of the game not to discuss his playing ability or attitude on the field. Remember when he flew some lucky fans to green bay and got them end zone seats so he could do a lambeau leap. Smart move on his part bringing his own fans to catch him. We need more players like him to show their love for the fans of the game.

Having players choice their opinions isn't always a bad thing. Even Peyton does it. A 3 and out should light a fire on the sidelines. Anyways I started this thread about how Chad treats the fans of the game not to discuss his playing ability or attitude on the field. Remember when he flew some lucky fans to green bay and got them end zone seats so he could do a lambeau leap. Smart move on his part bringing his own fans to catch him. We need more players like him to show their love for the fans of the game.

I think the fan have a blast with Ocho, I just hope he is single or else the wife gonna be complaining lol

Ochocinco isn't a traditional "deep threat" but where the Patriots were weak last year, as evidenced by the way the Jets played them in January, is outside. Welker and Branch are more or less the same type of player. Tate is unproven, as is Taylor Price. They needed a solid outside receiver, someone a little bigger than Welker or Branch who could keep the corners near the sidelines and complement the strength of the Patriots "between the numbers" passing game.

And I have a room he can rent for a mere $5,000/week.

Ochocinco isn't a traditional "deep threat" but where the Patriots were weak last year, as evidenced by the way the Jets played them in January, is outside. Welker and Branch are more or less the same type of player. Tate is unproven, as is Taylor Price. They needed a solid outside receiver, someone a little bigger than Welker or Branch who could keep the corners near the sidelines and complement the strength of the Patriots "between the numbers" passing game.

Who let this man in the room? :scratch:

Chad has restructured his contract through 2013. $1M this year, $3M in '11 and '12

wow that was a cut. I dunno how they do it but they do.

Haynesworth's restructuring pays him $3.6M in '10, $1.5M in 2011 and $6.7M in 2012

Wow. Was he benched after that supposed punch?

Yes, outside is what I meant - the Jets (as did the Browns for that matter - despite mediocre talent on D) did a fantastic job at flooding the middle of the field in that play-off game and because it's a copy-cat league, I would expect other teams to start trying a similar approach, just as I expect alot more teams to correspondingly goto 2 TE more this season.

I don't know if Ochocinco is that outside receiver you guys need - based on last season at least, he's definitely lost a step and disappears against quality corners. Then again, this could be like saving Moss from Oakland so who knows - Palmer would rather retire in his prime and forfeit millions of dollars, than ever play another single down for them.

My rent is not much less than $5,000 / week :(

Wow. Was he benched after that supposed punch?

Nope. I don't believe the story has ever been officially confirmed but former Bengal Shaun Smith (the *** grabber) was apparently in the locker room at the time and confirms it did happen, so take that for what it's worth

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Former-Bengal-Chad-Johnson-punched-Marvin-Lewis?urn=nfl-70610

Guess Ochocinco really wasn't kidding when he threatened to punch Marvin Lewis on Twitter

He said the fan has to have internet access and a Xbox. lmao. He forgot to mention a fridge full of mountain dew!

"I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!" hehe, anyway it pains me to say this, but I think Ocho Cinco actually made the Pats better offensively. He needs a bigger target because they already had their speedy receiver in Welker. Does anybody know when the players receiver their first paycheck from the NFL? I wonder if Chad has to resort to squatting on a fans property b/c he spent all of his money snake wrangling and bull riding lol

Who let this man in the room? :scratch:

Huh?

I'm an old-timer now. Was on the old dot-com since about '05.

Yes, outside is what I meant - the Jets (as did the Browns for that matter - despite mediocre talent on D) did a fantastic job at flooding the middle of the field in that play-off game and because it's a copy-cat league, I would expect other teams to start trying a similar approach, just as I expect alot more teams to correspondingly goto 2 TE more this season.

I don't know if Ochocinco is that outside receiver you guys need - based on last season at least, he's definitely lost a step and disappears against quality corners. Then again, this could be like saving Moss from Oakland so who knows - Palmer would rather retire in his prime and forfeit millions of dollars, than ever play another single down for them.

My rent is not much less than $5,000 / week :(

Spot-on. The only caveat to the copycat idea, though, is that not a lot of teams have Revis and Cromartie as their CB tandem. They played mostly nickel in that game with the safeties up too, leaving their two corners man-to-man, without any deep help, which not a lot of coaches will do. Love him or hate him, you gotta give it to Rex Ryan. The man knows his football and is an excellent "Xs and Os" coach.

$5,000 a week! Day-um! In NYC? My brother lives in a tiny apartment on West 52nd (I think) that costs more per month than my 2,000 square foot house!

Spot-on. The only caveat to the copycat idea, though, is that not a lot of teams have Revis and Cromartie as their CB tandem. They played mostly nickel in that game with the safeties up too, leaving their two corners man-to-man, without any deep help, which not a lot of coaches will do. Love him or hate him, you gotta give it to Rex Ryan. The man knows his football and is an excellent "Xs and Os" coach.

$5,000 a week! Day-um! In NYC? My brother lives in a tiny apartment on West 52nd (I think) that costs more per month than my 2,000 square foot house!

True - it's like the old misnomer that Manning struggles against 3-4 defenses whereas in fact, it just happened to be that those Ds that gave him trouble had elite players that could actually get to him and every other QB in the league too.

For that reason, I think Rob will struggle mightily in Dallas because he is inheriting a god-awful secondary there, and if there's one thing the Ryans need for their Ds to be successful, it's quality corners to cover the back-end of their blitzes / gambles.

Holy cow I just realized I said $5,000 a WEEK lol - sorry I meant a month, and it's actually closer to $4,000 and on a corporate lease provided by my company :)

But still ...whenever I visit friends on the West coast and they're occupying mansions by the beach that they're sharing with college buddies for $500 a month it kinda puts things in perspective

True - it's like the old misnomer that Manning struggles against 3-4 defenses whereas in fact, it just happened to be that those Ds that gave him trouble had elite players that could actually get to him and every other QB in the league too.

For that reason, I think Rob will struggle mightily in Dallas because he is inheriting a god-awful secondary there, and if there's one thing the Ryans need for their Ds to be successful, it's quality corners to cover the back-end of their blitzes / gambles.

Holy cow I just realized I said $5,000 a WEEK lol - sorry I meant a month, and it's actually closer to $4,000 and on a corporate lease provided by my company :)

But still ...whenever I visit friends on the West coast and they're occupying mansions by the beach that they're sharing with college buddies for $500 a month it kinda puts things in perspective

Excellent point. If the "3-4 defenses" he was "struggling" against were the early decade Pats or the Steelers, well... no kiddin'. Lots of QBs struggled against those teams!

And I'm happy to hear your rent isn't that high, lol! I think Ocho can afford $5K a week though. I'll buy him his own X-Box even. :thmup: