Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts considering Marcus Mariota at QB

21 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

With other positions needing attention and this being a down year for QBs, I hope you’re wrong.

We’ve drafted 2 later round QBs in recent drafts.  One is already gone and the other is an afterthought at this point.  So draft one this year at 42 and hope to catch an inside straight?

That doesn’t sound like a plan, it sounds like grasping at straws.  We need to use those picks for other needed positions.

Yes.  Because Ballard flies by the seat of his pants.

21 hours ago, Jackie Daytona said:

No one EVER said "all chips in" meant anything more than buying in And committing....on the part of players who got flaky as hell last year....Wentz was aloof as usual, and the players talked their way out of darn near all off-season work.... That's what ticked Irsay off enough to make that rant.

They canned Wentz because of attitude, and lack of leadership ability....not because they demanded more Free agents....or demanded a skill upgrade at QB.  That's just what some of you wanted to hear, so you did.

So all the players "talked their way out of darn neat all off-season work" and Wentz is the only one that takes the fall for that? 

I don't give a crap what Irsay said, hes a blow hard and that just wants to keep the fan base invested and buying tickets. But to dump Wentz for MM or.... I mean who really is out there that is a better option at this point than Wentzt? Collectively, for 15 out of the first  17 games Wentz played above form. I think if you took the teams record and his stats before the Raiders game most would say he  played above expectation. No one played worth crap in the final 2 games, not just Wentz. 

4 hours ago, RevoltingBlob said:

So all the players "talked their way out of darn neat all off-season work" and Wentz is the only one that takes the fall for that? 

I don't give a crap what Irsay said, hes a blow hard and that just wants to keep the fan base invested and buying tickets. But to dump Wentz for MM or.... I mean who really is out there that is a better option at this point than Wentzt? Collectively, for 15 out of the first  17 games Wentz played above form. I think if you took the teams record and his stats before the Raiders game most would say he  played above expectation. No one played worth crap in the final 2 games, not just Wentz. 

Hey, I was firmly in the keep Wentz for his contract and add weapons camp, look at my past posts.... Caught plenty of flack for it over the last few months....lol 

I'm saying what I THINK caused the rant, and what it was about.  The off-season accountability, or lack thereof, I don't think was key to Wentz trade in particular

11 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I would think if Marcus were our target at QB he'd be signed by now.

Our entire off-season is predicated on the QB decision and which way we continue in FA and Draft.

Ballard typically always waits for the first week of FA to pass before he starts signing. The first week is where everyone gets overpaid. Once the players and their agents lose leverage, then you’ll see us start signing guys. Mariota may not be until next week.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Ballard typically always waits for the first week of FA to pass before he starts signing. The first week is where everyone gets overpaid. Once the players and their agents lose leverage, then you’ll see us start signing guys. Mariota may not be until next week.

While that is true I still believe whatever direction we go with the QB decision determines how the rest of the off-season goes......and we likely won't add higher profile pieces until we have our QB. If they only spend money i would guess we'll go heavy skill positions in the draft. If we trade draft capitol then we will go heavier on skill positions in free agency. 

3 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

While that is true I still believe whatever direction we go with the QB decision determines how the rest of the off-season goes......and we likely won't add higher profile pieces until we have our QB. If they only spend money i would guess we'll go heavy skill positions in the draft. If we trade draft capitol then we will go heavier on skill positions in free agency. 

Part of that is definitely  true. Right now we probably can’t get any wide receiver or TE (granted all the good TEs were tagged) to sign here because of our QB situation. But the thing is, there’s a possibility that may not be figured out until the draft, so that may rule out FA at the skill positions for us. So maybe a WR or TE in the draft.

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

Part of that is definitely  true. Right now we probably can’t get any wide receiver or TE (granted all the good TEs were tagged) to sign here because of our QB situation. But the thing is, there’s a possibility that may not be figured out until the draft, so that may rule out FA at the skill positions for us. So maybe a WR or TE in the draft.

There are some good ones in the draft and now that LEO is probably not a draft priority we can even spend multiple picks on those skill positions because I'm pretty sure there will soon be an announcement of a FA corner to replace Ya Sin.......

1 hour ago, Scott Pennock said:

There are some good ones in the draft and now that LEO is probably not a draft priority we can even spend multiple picks on those skill positions because I'm pretty sure there will soon be an announcement of a FA corner to replace Ya Sin.......

I imagine there’s a bunch of defensive guys who would love to play for Bradley.

Archived