Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jorden Love?

One name I hadnt thought about until today, was a possible long term fix at QB...... a Trade for Jorden Love

I was watching some talking heads today, and they said that with Rodgers resigning, Jordon Love might be available.... they said for a 2nd or a 3rd

The kid has all the tools.... He is young

It was reported that the Colts were one of the teams very interested in him when he came out.

One talking head actually said that the Packers traded up to get ahead of the Colts (Who knows?)

I do think that Love is better than ALL of the rookies coming out this year.......

A 2nd rounder would seem like a deal.... AND give the kid a chance to play

If he turns out to be a disaster......  you get your QB of the future next year in the draft

Its a low risk opportunity, with huge possible upside

I would like this MUCH more than Trubiski, and Love would seem to be a better option than my now second choice Winston

What say you?

27 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

One name I hadnt thought about until today, was a possible long term fix at QB...... a Trade for Jorden Love

I was watching some talking heads today, and they said that with Rodgers resigning, Jordon Love might be available.... they said for a 2nd or a 3rd

The kid has all the tools.... He is young

It was reported that the Colts were one of the teams very interested in him when he came out.

One talking head actually said that the Packers traded up to get ahead of the Colts (Who knows?)

I do think that Love is better than ALL of the rookies coming out this year.......

A 2nd rounder would seem like a deal.... AND give the kid a chance to play

If he turns out to be a disaster......  you get your QB of the future next year in the draft

Its a low risk opportunity, with huge possible upside

I would like this MUCH more than Trubiski, and Love would seem to be a better option than my now second choice Winston

What say you?

no, i would rather go with SE he has just as much upside and knows the system

Wentz was acquired in February, before the draft.  What was it that caused Ballard to turn away from Love?  Was it the positive Marijuana test?  Even though the possession charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence.  It was still a positive test.  Did Ballard hesitate, and listen to Plan B from his head coach?  Who instead argued for his old QB from Philly?

And now that that experiment has failed, will he go back to the original plan?  Will he remember the positive test?  And will that mean anything today?

11 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Wentz was acquired in February, before the draft.  What was it that caused Ballard to turn away from Love?  Was it the positive Marijuana test?  Even though the possession charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence.  It was still a positive test.  Did Ballard hesitate, and listen to Plan B from his head coach?  Who instead argued for his old QB from Philly?

And now that that experiment has failed, will he go back to the original plan?  Will he remember the positive test?  And will that mean anything today?

Huh????

Love was drafted before Wentz was ever traded for. Love was drafted in 2020

1 hour ago, IndySouthsider said:

Huh????

Love was drafted before Wentz was ever traded for. Love was drafted in 2020

Doh!  You're right.  I got my years mixed up.

However, I guess you can insert Philip Rivers for Carson Wentz, since Rivers was signed in March, before the draft.  Not quite the same vibe between Rivers and Reich as Wentz and Reich, but the story is similar.

In any case, the marijuana thing still hangs there, twisting in the breeze.  Or does it?

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

In any case, the marijuana thing still hangs there, twisting in the breeze.  Or does it?

I dont think so

Stupid choice of course, but at 21

I am embarrassed by the HIGH NUMBER of poor choices that I personally made around that age

2 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

I dont think so

Stupid choice of course, but at 21

I am embarrassed by the HIGH NUMBER of poor choices that I personally made around that age

I agree that shouldn't be held against him. 

I don't think that 2020 decision to not draft him should be held against him. The decision was made that 2020 was a year to win so the 1st rounder was traded well before the draft and a vet qb brought in to start.

However GB, even if they don't believe he has a future as an nfl starter, they essentially have a backup qb at less than 2mil a year for the next 2 years. It would have to be a very good package of picks to extract him.

Archived