Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CR91 only mock off-season

I know. I said I wouldn't do one. This is the only one, but I'm not doing a draft.

Cap Space - 70 mil

Restructure

Bucker - Roster bonus to a signing bonus saves 5 mil.

Kelly - Roster bonus to a signing bonus saves 4 mil.

Smith - Roster bonus to a signing bonus saves 3 mil

Cap Space - 82 mil

Re-sign

Chris Reed - 1 year 5 mil - Reed would be moved to starting RG.

Matt Pryor - 1 year 4 mil - Continue to be added depth to the line.

Tyquan Lewis - 1 year 2.5 mil - Ballard seems to really like Lewis and I believe a vet min contract does no harm.

Mo Allie Cox - 1 year 3 mil - Need some depth with Doyle retiring, but I can see us drafting one early.

Cap Space - 67.5 mil

Free Agency

Marcus Mariota QB- 1 year 10 mil - limited options makes this a stop gap for whom ever QB we're mostly like drafting. If I had to guess, Ridder would be a similar style to Mariota.

Hassan Reddick EDGE - 5 year 90 mil - This is the big splash move that needs to happen especially if Ballard really wants to improve the pass rush.

Duane Brown LT 2 year 22 mil - Brown is 36, but he proves a solid starter until we can find a replacement.

Bobby Wagner LB - 3 year 39 mil - I just love the idea of combining Leonard with Wagner and it's another player that knows Bradley's system.

Casey Hayward CB - 2 year 10 mil - Has played with Bradley for years and would provide the vet CB role to help teach our corners the defense.

Quintin Jefferson DT - 1 year 4 mil - Similar to Hayward as Jefferson has been with Bradley since Seattle.

Cap Space 6.5 mil

I know I know. I don't have any WRs or TEs. Unfortunately it's kinda difficult to factor that in when you don't have a QB to sell them to which means after the second round pick is used on a QB, the third round picks will target WR and TE. I tried mostly to focus on defense so we're able to combat the onslaught of QBs we have to face this year.

Ok go ahead and tell me how wrong I am.

19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I know. I said I wouldn't do one. This is the only one, but I'm not doing a draft.

Cap Space - 70 mil

Restructure

Cap Space - 82 mil

Re-sign

Tyquan Lewis - 1 year 2.5 mil - Ballard seems to really like Lewis and I believe a vet min contract does no harm.

Mo Allie Cox - 1 year 3 mil - Need some depth with Doyle retiring, but I can see us drafting one early.

Cap Space - 67.5 mil

Free Agency

Marcus Mariota QB- 1 year 10 mil - limited options makes this a stop gap for whom ever QB we're mostly like drafting. If I had to guess, Ridder would be a similar style to Mariota.

Hassan Reddick EDGE - 5 year 90 mil - This is the big splash move that needs to happen especially if Ballard really wants to improve the pass rush.

Duane Brown LT 2 year 22 mil - Brown is 36, but he proves a solid starter until we can find a replacement.

Bobby Wagner LB - 3 year 39 mil - I just love the idea of combining Leonard with Wagner and it's another player that knows Bradley's system.

Casey Hayward CB - 2 year 10 mil - Has played with Bradley for years and would provide the vet CB role to help teach our corners the defense.

Quintin Jefferson DT - 1 year 4 mil - Similar to Hayward as Jefferson has been with Bradley since Seattle.

Cap Space 6.5 mil

I know I know. I don't have any WRs or TEs. Unfortunately it's kinda difficult to factor that in when you don't have a QB to sell them to which means after the second round pick is used on a QB, the third round picks will target WR and TE. I tried mostly to focus on defense so we're able to combat the onslaught of QBs we have to face this year.

Soooooooo wrong! Jk, these are always really hard. I personally am starting to jump on the Minshew train if we don't sign Cousins and would prefer him immensely over Mariota(I know we'd have to trade for him). 

For LT I'd rather sign Notebloom to a 2 or 3 year deal. My hope is that even if he ends up only average. Having a qb willing to check it down will help the entire o-line. 

Reddick, I definitely love the idea due to his production but am a bit wary if he could play end in a 4-3. I think he's about 235 pounds. What makes you like Reddick over Ogbah? 

Wagner, Hayward, and Jefferson absolutely. 

I'd love for us to get a legitimate #2 wr but as your number show it depends on what we spend everywhere else. 

I’d restructure Grover for $4 million before Kelly.  You could pick up $10 million in space from Buckner.

Also keep in mind that each contract signed bumps off the lowest contract currently in the Top 51 against the cap.  That will give you probably another $8-10 million. You will need about 5m to sign the draft class. 

I think you have Reddick a little high but the Colts might have to overpay to get players.   

It’s not the end of the world to wait to get WR’s in the draft.  It’s so loaded there. However, if your plan is to get a rookie QB in the draft then you can’t get a WR until the 3rd so you better sign at least one pass catcher. 

Pretty realistic though. Good job. 

1 hour ago, DeepseaColt said:

Soooooooo wrong! Jk, these are always really hard. I personally am starting to jump on the Minshew train if we don't sign Cousins and would prefer him immensely over Mariota(I know we'd have to trade for him). 

For LT I'd rather sign Notebloom to a 2 or 3 year deal. My hope is that even if he ends up only average. Having a qb willing to check it down will help the entire o-line. 

Reddick, I definitely love the idea due to his production but am a bit wary if he could play end in a 4-3. I think he's about 235 pounds. What makes you like Reddick over Ogbah? 

Wagner, Hayward, and Jefferson absolutely. 

I'd love for us to get a legitimate #2 wr but as your number show it depends on what we spend everywhere else. 

Well the Leo position is more for smaller twitcher rushers so I thought Reddick would be perfect.

25 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

I’d restructure Grover for $4 million before Kelly.  You could pick up $10 million in space from Buckner.

Also keep in mind that each contract signed bumps off the lowest contract currently in the Top 51 against the cap.  That will give you probably another $8-10 million. You will need about 5m to sign the draft class. 

I think you have Reddick a little high but the Colts might have to overpay to get players.   

It’s not the end of the world to wait to get WR’s in the draft.  It’s so loaded there. However, if your plan is to get a rookie QB in the draft then you can’t get a WR until the 3rd so you better sign at least one pass catcher. 

Pretty realistic though. Good job. 

Unfortunately, WR is just not realistic unless we overpay for one. No pass catcher is gonna want to come here if there is no QB hence why the draft is our only option.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Cap Space - 70 mil

Restructure

Cap Space - 82 mil

Re-sign

Cap Space - 67.5 mil

Free Agency

Cap Space 6.5 mil

Did you trade all your draft picks this year?  :)

I like most of it

I just cant get excited to bring in Mariotta

Why not trading for Jordon Love or bringing in Winston?

By the way.... Thanks for posting.... I always enjoy reading these

Thanks for posting

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

Cap Space - 70 mil

Restructure

Cap Space - 82 mil

Re-sign

Cap Space - 67.5 mil

Free Agency

Cap Space 6.5 mil

really good but someone did mention the size of Reddick Obah may be better

one thing i disagree with is drafting a qb with that 2nd pick. next years crop of qb's will be much better that is where we begin with wr, te with that 2nd pick

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Did you trade all your draft picks this year?  :)

I like most of it

I just cant get excited to bring in Mariotta

Why not trading for Jordon Love or bringing in Winston?

By the way.... Thanks for posting.... I always enjoy reading these

Thanks for posting

Appreciate it. I honestly haven't researched this draft. I'd go the following;

2. QB

3. WR

3. TE

1 hour ago, ruf said:

really good but someone did mention the size of Reddick Obah may be better

one thing i disagree with is drafting a qb with that 2nd pick. next years crop of qb's will be much better that is where we begin with wr, te with that 2nd pick

Reddick would be the better Leo and he's more productive.

Taking a QB this year won't stop us from drafting one next year next He excels.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Casey Hayward should be 1 year $10 million, that will be his going rate, we are dreaming if we think he will sign for anything less after the year he had. Reddick will be the same range, quoted higher here.

Keep in mind he's 32. Thats old for corners. I wouldn't pay him 10 mil

3 hours ago, Architects08 said:

How are you able to figure out how much restructuring someones contract will save us in cap? 

I converted their roster bonus to a signing bonus. That's normally how contracts are re-structed

Archived