Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Are Your Opinions On Minchew as A Colts QB?

Doesn't matter. He'd be a placeholder. I wouldn't get too high or too low on him no matter how he performs. He's not a franchise QB. The league knows that. As with most of the other names being thrown around, I think he is good enough to replicate what Wentz gave us. So, would he lead us to 10-7 + playoffs? Who knows, depends on how well we surround him with weapons and how much better our D gets. 

The first and only question that matters is price. What's the price? If it's anything but a low round pick, then Ballard needs to be out on it.

Other than that, he's not our franchise QB. Nothing to get excited about as will be the case no matter who CB signs.

I see a lot of people wanting Mariota.  Why?  I live in near Nashville and he was horrible when he played.  Titans fans were happy when TN let him go.  What has he done since then that makes him so valuable in people’s eyes?  Maybe I am missing something.

Never really watched him much. Really a bunch of them are in the same stop gap type qb grouping. Minshew, Marriota, Winston, Bridgewater....Just Noone really out there and imo, noone worth giving up a ton to trade for. 

He’s cool but I’d rather go into the season with Sam if we’re not going to flat out compete.  I think his ceiling is Jimmy G and I don’t want to sacrifice draft position in a class where we could possibly grab our franchise qb for a placeholder or one and done season

2 minutes ago, cbear said:

Never really watched him much. Really a bunch of them are in the same stop gap type qb grouping. Minshew, Marriota, Winston, Bridgewater....Just Noone really out there and imo, noone worth giving up a ton to trade for. 

Rookie qbs don’t exactly light it up either 

Eagles have seen him play, are sold on him being a backup and a valuable one behind Hurts. They won’t part with him for anything less than a 4th rounder, IMO. Why give them more picks after this Wentz debacle, especially if he’s not going to be a long term plan?

Also, I’d rather get a bridge QB that does not cost us a draft pick. If I’m giving up picks, it will be for a 3 or 4 year starter.

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Eagles have seen him play, are sold on him being a backup and a valuable one behind Hurts. They won’t part with him for anything less than a 4th rounder, IMO.

He's in the final year of his rookie deal, so they may try to get something while they can.  

That said, I wouldn't be all that concerned about a 4th rounder.  People thought nothing of blowing a 4th for one year of Eason.  

If you're telling me one of them will be starting for a good portion, I would probably choose Minshew over Mariota or Trubisky.  

6 hours ago, #12. said:

He's in the final year of his rookie deal, so they may try to get something while they can.  

That said, I wouldn't be all that concerned about a 4th rounder.  People thought nothing of blowing a 4th for one year of Eason.  

If you're telling me one of them will be starting for a good portion, I would probably choose Minshew over Mariota or Trubisky.  

For our offense, I’d choose Trubisky for RPOs and underneath stuff over Air Raid Minshew, to be honest.

5 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Eh. He was the surprise out of nowhere. Once defenses figured him out they started shutting him down. He’s a good backup, and he can fill in for some starts if needed, but a full time starter?

houston will GIF

He is a shorter Nick Foles. Spelling 3 or 4 games, perfect. But season long starter, Trubisky is more seasoned there, IMO.

21 hours ago, Boss7894 said:

VS everyone else?  Who does he remind you of?

Napoleon Dynamite GIF

8 hours ago, JRnINDY said:

Actually Minshew was decent even on a bad team and out played Hurts when he started a game. I think he’d be decent and he was undefeated against our Colts.

thats nuts GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

I would be fine with getting Minshew at the right price if we are going the stop-gap route again. I think he has upside but don't see him being a future star; I like him better than Mariota. He was traded for a 6th-round pick last year so that would work at that price. 

We need to add someone who has started and played well in the past.  We would probably ask less out of a QB like Minshew than was asked of him in JAX.  Hand off 3 out of every 4 plays.  Short passing game where he picks the correct target and avoids mistakes.  Some of his normal extending of plays would be welcome as long as he doesn't punctuate it with a risky throw into coverage.  That being said, my preference is for an UFA QB - Trubisky, then Mariota (I guess).  Pretty slim pickings, but I'd rather not trade away resources for a mediocre QB.  Minshu could come cheap, though, especially if Philly is planning on drafting some competition for Hurts this year.  I'd certainly prefer Minshew to Mariota, in general, though.

Archived